Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coprolith

QuoteOn 2 hand blunt, take a Vrodak's fighting staff. Attempt to augment it with a warm emerald shard. It will return #value in the proc dps field.

So it does. Will be fixed in next update (prolly this weekend)

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Coprolith

Update Jul 31

- fixed bug that caused the Warm Emerald Shard augment to return non-values
- added half a dozen weapons

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Noxdowne Draggout

A question for those that are far superior with math and EQ details than me.

If I am doing 125.38dps according to the dps calculator with using savage platinum fists in mainhand with velium inlaid claws offhand, what would my dps be with all pet aa's completed?

I did the calculation assuming WA5 level and with all offensive aa's completed.

Add to that warders fury and alacrity.

What would I see for a DPS increase on my weapon?

I have no clue as to what I would add and I am hoping a math wiz can take a quick peak into this to get an idea.

I am wondering if the new dps total would exceed 130 dps.

Thanks for your time.

Nox

Tastian

Bleh yeah I'm awake, really I am.  Going from 0 pet AA to maxed pet AA if you are already doing 125dps and assuming your warder is doing ~60 dps, then yeah you would clear 130dps most likely.

Bengali

I think he was saying that if he does 125.8 dps with pet weapon and velium inlaid claws, would he get more than 130 dps *just from the weapons* if he maxxed his pet aa.

I suspect that he won't.  Hitting 130 would be a 4.2 dps increase in proc damage from the pets.  In my experience the spf pets are about 27 dps on average, and I have pet crits maxxed and two levels of flurry so the "naked" dps of the proc pets without aa actually would be less.  Even putting that aside, adding 4.2 to 27 is roughly a 15.5 increase in dps, and the data we've seen so far indicates that maxxing pet aa doesn't result in an increase that large.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

God dang it lol.  I originally answered the thread in terms of his weapons and what not.  Then thought "oh wait he must want pet included too since it doesn't just boost proc" now bleh bleh bleh.  

No you won't get a 5dps boost to the proc damage from SPF by max'n pet AAs.  However, with SPF + sorsha you would see that kind of a boost in dps from max'n pet AAs.  *shrugs* yet another one of them days.  8(

Noxdowne Draggout

Quartz

ok maybe i'm being dumb but i DL'ed the spread sheet and the Excel viewer (no excel unfortunatly) and i can't get it to work at all...

In the excel veiwer i just get a list of all the DPS's of all the weapons (everything LOOKS ok but i can't change anything)

And i have a Microsoft Works Spreadsheet program and with that i can change actual numbers in the cells but it doesn';t do anything to the rest of the spreadsheet (IE if i change my atk none of the DPS's change at all)

Anyone else have these problems?

Dummkopf

Afaik you need excel, nothing else works except for viewing the spreadsheed without any possibility to change values and recompute stuff. So, either get an illegal version or buy it. Too bad open office cant use this spreadsheet, i still have to parse my own stuff tho (and most of the time im too lazy).

psycattik

Is there a good working link for the spreadsheet? One gives me an ancient looking version, the other link is dead.

psycattik

Coprolith

The link in the first post works fine for me and always contains the latest version. Maybe your ISP is blocking the url?

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Dummkopf

Hehe, my only problem is to get excel, can get the spreadsheet but isnt working on openoffice or excel-viewer.

Zatrik

Very nice work, I just wish the drop down lists would work on the Excel for OSX.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

JillieMT

Coprolith hon...

Wurmscale Fistwraps are 14/18, not 14/28. I use 'em! :)

/hugs back at ya!
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Oneiromancer

Also Ancient Gnarled Hammer isn't in the database.  I didn't notice it was missing until I updated to the far superior Velium Gemmed Warhammer.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired