Main Menu

Finally Able to 3-Box LDoN's!

Started by danaconda, December 06, 2004, 06:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danaconda

On Friday night I finally leveled my cleric to be within range of my necro! Now my 3-box group can hit up LDoNs! I was able to complete 3 of them over the weekend.

A few questions for those more up-to-date than myself. I managed to get an augmentation to drop. Whoopty-doo! A whole +4sv Poison. Whatever, I want it. I want it now! I don't care if it's +1! Now how do I put it into an armor slot? (it's type 7 so it fits nearly everything). And once I "find" another augment thats better (if I fill up all my slots) is it expensive to remove? I know theres distillers or something for 11pp? Sorry, I'm so excited! I keep typing and typing and typing.

What I really need to know is..... is it worth it for me to put it into a slot? 11pp to remove it doesn't sound so bad if I ever want to just sell the item or pass it on.

Also, are all LDoN's so damn easy???? I beat 3 MMC missions (25,23,24 collect missions, in that order) and I only died once when Fear landed on the cleric and he decided that being afraid meant running TOWARDS all the bad guys!  :roll: I had finished collecting way before I even hit the midway mark on my maps.

My group make-up is 54 necro, 51 beast (about to ding 52), and 47 cleric. (And oh lord was the exp good!)

****Side note: My cleric gained half his level so far, the necro gained about 40% of an AA, and the beast gained about 30% of 51. Is the exp always this good? They never gained that much exp before! I was dropping double pulls like it was greenies!  :twisted:
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

bham

To fit your aug. Go to any adventure camp and look for the "bird bath".

Click the bird bath to open it and put your aug and item in it. Click insert to add the aug to the item.

To remove an aug, check the aug's link and it will say down the bottom what type of aug distiller is required to remove it. It should be type II or III for a +4 save aug. Go to butcherblock adventure camp and look for a gnome called mikzit or something like that. He (she?) sells the aug distillers. Buy the appropriate one and combine the item and the distiller in the bird bath and it will remove your aug.

Yes, LdoNs are quite easy. All the way up until your group average is 68 or over and you try to tank a level 70 adventure with a non-raid equipped BL. In a level 65 adventure the mobs hit for about 300-400. In a level 70 adventure they hit for 800-1000. Nice scaling there SoE!

Yes, LDoN exp is quite good up until about the same point. At level 65 you will still get about 1/3 of an AA per adventure. At 66-68 it drops off quite a bit.

Boxing LdoNs is a good way to get upgrades as well. Everyone gets the same points, so they are all working towards an upgrade at once. I did about 200 LDoNs with a Beast/cleric/mage combo and got an awful lot of armour and FT augs for them. Only now with the release of Omens am I starting to sell back and replace my LDoN gear.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

danaconda

Thanks so much for the info! I've been searching EQ Diva's LDoN search engine for things like FT and haste. Man, there's tons of stuff out there besides also!  :shock:

Figure I won't go for the big stuff, maybe the in-between stuff. By the way, which LDoN's are the most fun? I dont care about ease necessarily, and I will definitely be "spreading the love" around all the different themes. Just wondering while I'm still new which ones should I hit up while they are still crazy easy.

I almost feel robbed that I didn't go here earlier! The mobs hit for an average amount, but their hp's are a joke. Fights were lasting literally seconds! Much better than everywhere else I was fighting. I plan on getting myself sick to death of LDoN's since I will be living in them for a good long time now. Figure I'll get my group to the "good" levels. 62 for beast, not sure yet on cleric, and maybe 63 for necro for new rogue pet. Until the cleric catches up though, I'm gonna stop the beast once he hits 52 for the new LoY haste and the new Spiritual something spell.
Dedlee Beatdown retired

Hereki

LDoN exp is great from when you can start doing them, up to mid 50s somewhere.  Then it falls back.  At 65, I was getting 20% AA in a typical LDoN.

In MM you run the risk of beaing feared; in Miraguls, fear is possible and so is charm.  Both of these can take a big chunk out of a 3 box group.

The long hallways in EC and NRo (Ruj and Tak) LDoNs make them some of the easier, IMHO.  Guk is supposed to be the hardest.  You need NRo for your pet focus, btw, and lifetap augs are MM.

danaconda

Thanks Hereki! Good info there. My beast took a few fears already, so instead of ac gear I just wear the blue diamond resist gear I have. The DPS of mobs isn't too spectacular, so the cleric is usually bursting with mana. The one death my cleric ate was because like a genius I decided since my cleric casts "faster" I would grab the first wanderer before he turned the corner and found his friends. I was almost at the 30 min mark past completion of the adventure, so I figured what the hell. I've said it in the past, I play more for fun, so taking a few unnecessary risks doesn't bother me in the least  :D

On a side note though, Hereki, I must compliment you. You have incredibly informative posts and everytime I see that you've replied to a topic I make sure no matter what topic it is, that I read it. Just wanted to say thank you!  8)
Dedlee Beatdown retired

danaconda

Can you sell back LDoN merchant items for points? I remember hearing something about that a while ago.
Dedlee Beatdown retired

Beerig-FV

Can you sell back LDoN merchant items for points? I remember hearing something about that a while ago.

Yes - you can sell back stuff you purchased with Adventure Points for 70 pct of cost... a 100 AP bought item will result in you get 70 AP for turning it in..

To turn it in to a merchant, just put the item in your inventory, open the Adventure Merchant shopping window, click on the item in your inventory and the Adventure Merchant will tell you how many AP you will receive for it, at which point you can then 'sell' your item to the Merchant.

Only Merchant that sells safe augment-removal vials is the male gnome merchant in the Butcherblock Mountain camp.  He sells Distillers Type x-xx
where x-xx is the type of augment distiller you need (e.g. for the LDoN-dropped augs, most require a Category IV distiller).  The info on what distiller to use is in the link for the augment itself...

Hereki

Aw.  Thanks, I'm embarrased now :).

danaconda

Tried out an EC adventure and again I was stupid.

I knew the night wasn't going to go well. First, I walked from EC to South Ro and didn't remember to take the magus! Then, to make matters worse, when I zoned into Oasis ALL THREE of my characters got bugged and couldn't cast spells! What the hell is that about? Luckily someone told me to unmem all my spells and remem them again. That got rid of it, but I had to wait another 10 mins for Divine Aura to pop up (not that I ever use it, but what if I needed it????)

So I zoned into the dungeon and "explore" the first room I pop into (which was usually "safe" in all my other adventures) and my necro takes aggro right away. No biggie, my necro is probably the most capable of all 3 chars and can handle himself quite well. STUPID mob was a shaman and Malo'd everything moving. Necro, beast, cleric, and both pets all got debuffed. Then he decided to strip away all the big mana whore buffs I cast outside (Temp is 450 mana per, times 3 - necro, necro pet, and beast). Of course he was easily dispatched with little healing needed because he wasn't trying to kill me, just piss me off.

I move forward and kill his friend in the supposedly safe zone in room. Easy enough. I see a mob down the hall, so while medding up I decide to pull it. It's friends looked far enough away, but I found out that this dungeon seems to have large assist radius. Stupid chain aggro pulled 3 mobs right off the bat. Luckily no casters this time although since I wear my resist gear 24/7 now, I'm not worried since they are actually easier than warriors. All 3 chars are now down to around 25% hp and mana. (Took a while to get it under control with necro on mez duty)

The rest of the adventure went ok. Only one other hic-up happened. I found a room that had about 3 "hidden" mobs behind crates. So as soon as the beast stepped in, I had 4 mobs eating me up and one caster. Well as luck would have it, on this particular pull, my resist checks weren't nearly as successful as they should have been. I stood there and took one for the team. After getting rezzed back in, I checked the adventure timer and I only had 48 mins to finish up my 10 of 23 collection (yeah I wasn't too far yet).

That's when I decided that paci-pulling wouldn't be so great in this situation. So I summon my level 30 warder, buff him with temp, and try my luck at pet pulling. Worked perfectly! Couldn't believe it was so easy (thanks for all who ever posted on this topic). After clearing the room, I wasn't so happy with how much the DPS had changed without my pet. So i told the lowbie pet to get lost and brought back good old 49.

There wasn't anything else memorable, except the fact that I only completed the adventure with 4 mins remaining. When it was down to 2 left with less than 7 mins, I went all burst DPS. Necro dropped Ebolt and tapped tapped tapped and even cleric went into nuking mode to get those last few kills. Beast was grabbing doubles since I figured it was a lost cause anyways.

I am still undefeated in LDoN's  :wink: and plan on getting 2 wins in each theme before going around to buy anything. I think I get adventure stone updates with 2 in each theme. We'll see.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the info about augments. I augged my blue diamond ring with the +4sv poison aug. I also picked up a +5 cha aug for the cleric and a +5int aug for the necro. All-in-all the night wasn't that bad. Plus my beastie hit 52!!!!! The new pet haste is nice and so is the new mana regen spell.

The mobs in Ruj. Hills zones are much more interesting than the MMC ones. The orcs look like they're straight outta Lord of the Rings! I hope the other dungeons are as nice as these!  :D
Dedlee Beatdown retired

danaconda

Finally lost an adventure. Not because it was too hard, but because I had to go to work  :evil:

It was a collect 28 mission and I had about 35-40 mins to complete it  :lol: . I was close too..... I had 20 of the 28 before two of my toons died and I didn't have enough time to go any farther. So instead of the 35-40 mins, I really only got about 25mins or so. 20 items in 25 mins isn't bad IMO. Oh well, with rezzes and such I still gained some experience.

Kinda disappointed though. So now I have to try out a South Ro adventure and see how I like it. EC adventures were definitely fun, but the one I'm really looking forward to is Everfrost adventures.

I'm already beginning to see that these dungeons are going to get boring fast. The zones have no distinct "feel" to them like the older dungeons have. Just seems like they threw an idea into a random zone generator and out popped these zones. Every room feels just like the last one. Luckily my whole group always decides on the same dungeon so there aren't any arguments  :wink: . Figure doing 2 adventures in a row per theme will keep it interesting.
Dedlee Beatdown retired