Main Menu

Timorous Deep Solo?

Started by r06ue1, October 19, 2005, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r06ue1

Is it possible to solo the six shards as a 65 Bst Time/Qvic geared (1600 AC, 7k HP unbuffed).  I know after you kill the green con Draz the six spawn.  Can Draz be pulled off the island, killed, and then single pull the shards with slow or cancel magic at max range? 
Urgubal of Firiona Vie
Level 65 Troll Beastlord

Skratz

yes.  I solo'd this as a 65 bst with no raid gear.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

r06ue1

When did you do it Skatz?  Was it after they made lower level mobs blue to higher level players?  Were the shards all dark blue or light blue and green?  Also, how did you pull them?  Did you pull Draz off the island and kill him and then single pull them afterwards? 

Thanks for the reply.  I want to solo this but don't want to screw it up and end up doing the six scouts over again when I can easily get a few people to help me. 

Urgubal of Firiona Vie
Level 65 Troll Beastlord

rdahl

By your reply I'm guessing you know this is the point where you can't recover if you fail and have to start over.  Given that I'd get someone to help you or 2-box just to be sure, but heres some info.

I 2-boxed with a cleric when bst was at 61, used cleric to pacify so I could single pull.  One of the images can't be slowed, needed a heal during this fight.  Before I was done, the raptors respawned so I needed a heal at this point.

I would take the time to pet pull to get singles (just to be sure) and you will have no problems what so ever.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Skratz

they were all dark blue.  was right before oow came out i think.  I killed draz on the side of the island, then pulled the others with slow. only one was a double pull, and it was a close call, but np.  yeah, unslowable was kinda rough too.  Should be eaier now with healing potions too.

Then again I also solo'd 4 of the spirits.

I would also reccommend just bringing a druid at minimum if you are worried.  he can toss a heal or 2 and port out afterwards. 
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Nusa

Be sure to loot the shards as you kill them. The 7 minute loot timer is liable to expire on one or more if you wait until the end.

Krinviscious

From my experience helping others do the last battle.....just have a couple of heavy hitting nukers and 1 snare class with you...Once Drazz hits 20% life...just cut loose with every nuke you've got on hand and he'll fall like a sack of dirty potatoes in a high G zone.  :lol:
IIRC with about 2.5k nukage at 21% life, he gets about 3 steps...then *PLOP* he fall down... (numbers are quick estimates, as I was chasing him at that point) :wink:

Krinviscious Clawmaster
56 Seasons of Vah Shir maiming and killing with his warder SloePoke
Tallarain Lonewolf 65th Season Storm Warden
Stavinson Phoenixsoul 54th Curate of Erollisi Marr
All on Fennin Ro

Kelrish Ravenous

I just did the Scout on the nameless... I had solo'd five of the spirits (Only brought help for the Icebound, because I was worried about having to fight him in the bear caves like the guide said - He jumped me when I entered the Ice Giant Diplomat area) and thought this would not be too hard - But I brought a friend just incase.

70 Time / DoD Geared Rogue and myself managed it alright, before raptor respawns... but I was around 60% HP / Mana and the Rogue was near the same. Don't underestimate it... I'd bring a friend even with your better gear.
The Hungry Kelrish Ravenous ~ 70 ~ Basilisk Wrangler ~ The Nameless

rdahl

soloable yes but why risk it since this is a succeed or start over fight.  so many things can go wrong you can't plan for, such as a noob exploring training you.
bring a healer or cc
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Tiger1379

Do you think a lvl 65 Ranger and I (60th Bst) could duo this? And does Harmony work against these guys?

Chickennuggets

Quote from: Kelrish Ravenous on February 16, 2006, 10:43:14 AM
I just did the Scout on the nameless... I had solo'd five of the spirits (Only brought help for the Icebound, because I was worried about having to fight him in the bear caves like the guide said - He jumped me when I entered the Ice Giant Diplomat area) and thought this would not be too hard - But I brought a friend just incase.

70 Time / DoD Geared Rogue and myself managed it alright, before raptor respawns... but I was around 60% HP / Mana and the Rogue was near the same. Don't underestimate it... I'd bring a friend even with your better gear.

Not trying to completely derail this... but I soloed the Icebound (before a lot of upgrades to what I have in Magelo now) just for fun... I was just bored and the scout happened to be up, not really trying for epic 1.0 atm.  I cleared the bear caves, parked warder there, and ran back for the turn in.  Of course I got lost heading back, and He warped to me in that big giant area before you get to the bear caves, with warder in tow, so Precious and I just killed him there.  Not sure if it was a one time lucky thing with the warp, but I liked it  :-D
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server