Main Menu

Timorous Deep Woes

Started by Sorien, March 22, 2006, 05:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorien

Well, figured I would get my epic finished so I could start on my 1.5, so I got my LVL 49 Cleric & ran on over to Timorous Deep.  Camped there for a few days until I found Scout Shimoj tonight.  Buffed my Cleric & I up for the fight.  Cleared the Raptors.  I (LVL 65 BST) pulled each Draz single with Dispell.  Tanked em down & looted the glass after each death (HP never went below 80% on each Draz).  Pulled the fourth Draz -- Got em down to 2% -- Raptor spawns and begins to beat the snot out of Draz & steals the kill...  heart sunk for the rest of the fight.  Pulled the other two successfully & killed leaving me with a bag full of five glass shards...

Woe is me...  lol

Good thing is, that I made a petition @ 5:00 P.M. EST (Very detailed petition at that), and sent it off.  At 8:00 P.M. EST when I came back from dinner, I open up the petition to read it over...

Lo and behold...!!!

I have an update from a GM!!!!!!!  WooWoo.  GM advised me that he understands my frustrations and that he placed another Dumuls Seal to hand into the next spawned Shimoj, in the third slot of my handmade backpack. :)  I looked & LO AND BEHOLD...  there is my Dumuls Seal...

All I can say is.....

WHEW!!!!!  Who said Customer Support is dead?!?!

Sorien

So...  Question.  When does the 'other' Scout de-spawn?  Been 24 hours so far, and he is still there.  Does someone have to kill him for the other to spawn again?

tcool

Quote from: Sorien on March 23, 2006, 05:09:36 AM
So...  Question.  When does the 'other' Scout de-spawn?  Been 24 hours so far, and he is still there.  Does someone have to kill him for the other to spawn again?
Just wondering if you finally got past this yet?

Also do you, or anyone else here, know what happens if you fail this war?  Are you able to get another "Dumul's Seal" like you could for the other spirit battles if you died?  Or do you have to start over completely from the beginning 6 spirits again?

tcool

After reading another thread, it sounds like the entire quest starts over if you fail.  That seems pretty lame. 

Ishvah

No, a friend of mine messed up on this part went back and hailed the guy and he gave him another seal, no biggie. I think when the quest first came out it was like that but now its nothing

tcool

Quote from: Ishvah on April 05, 2006, 12:40:12 AM
No, a friend of mine messed up on this part went back and hailed the guy and he gave him another seal, no biggie. I think when the quest first came out it was like that but now its nothing
Did this happen after failing the Timorous Deep battle?  I know he gives another seal for the 6 spirits if you ask. 

Hunni

You can get the second seal back as well, the same way. My friend Alie had to redo TD after we wiped doing Draz (this was back when Luclin was still fairly new and PoP was brand new). So that should help you  :wink:

tcool

Since writing this I have finished the entire epic 1.0.  At level 66, solo'd all of them except the wolf which another person joined in who happened to be nearby watching.  I was never once blinded while fighting it.

This fight with the draz image (whatever its called), I pulled with my pet, and killed the raptors in-between kills.  They have a 10minute spawn time.  I thought I had killed all 6 and went up just to give one final check, only to get jumped by another Draz.  The last one for whatever reason was beating on me pretty badly.  I probably would not have survived had it not had been for my "expedient recovery" that restored my mana and health.  I was not expecting him to be there.

My Steadfast Servant (another veteran reward) helped me a ton through these battles also.

Although I am not impressed with the final epic weapon.  The graphics look great, but the stats suck compared to weapons I can buy cheaply in the bazaar.  It felt like wasted time (as most things feel like I guess).  I know I'd never try for any of the other epics, as they are not soloable.  I think Sony needs to upgrade the epic 1.0 to somewhat better stats.

Chickennuggets

Keep in mind what the epic weapon is, compared to the expansion that it came with... those were uber.  They did upgrade them significantly... just need to do another little quest and it turns into a 1hb... much better stats  :-D  I never did mine... because it was so outdated... I find myself sniping scouts when they're up now... just to be able to do 1.5 at some point.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

tcool

Quote from: Chickennuggets on April 10, 2006, 01:09:50 PM
Keep in mind what the epic weapon is, compared to the expansion that it came with... those were uber.  They did upgrade them significantly... just need to do another little quest and it turns into a 1hb... much better stats  :-D  I never did mine... because it was so outdated... I find myself sniping scouts when they're up now... just to be able to do 1.5 at some point.
What 1hb weapon quest is that?

Hunni

Quote from: tcool on April 17, 2006, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: Chickennuggets on April 10, 2006, 01:09:50 PM
What 1hb weapon quest is that?

Ummm the quest for epic 1.5 Savage Lord's Totem?