Main Menu

Inquiry about epic 1.0

Started by Sivaak, May 09, 2006, 07:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivaak

Hello folks,

This is the first time I've posted here.  I've read a lot of good information.  I've decided to start on my Beastlord's epic 1.0 and had some questions for those who has done this.

My Bst is Lv 56 with average bazaar purchased gear.  Buffed, I can get him around 4100hp/1100ac/1400atk.  I can box a 70 shm w/130aa that has around 5600hp/6100mana unbuffed.

I'm wondering if the epic would be easily duo-able?  I took them both into the bear pit in Perma the other night and ran into a cluster-F with about 5-6 bears at once.  When I do my hand-in to the scout in Perma, where exactly will the spirit spawn at?  I've looked around in Alla & here with no too much luck in that area.  I've heard rumors that the spirit will actually path to the Entrance of Perma after a little time spawning.  Is this true?

Also, I have a 70 warrior with epic 1.5 + BBoB on same acct as my Bst.  Would I be able to do the turn-in with my Bst, then camp him out and switch to warrior to do the battle & switch back to loot?

Thanks for any suggestions y'all can offer :)

Kanan

Quote from: Sivaak on May 09, 2006, 07:03:48 PM
I'm wondering if the epic would be easily duo-able? 

Very much so

QuoteAlso, I have a 70 warrior with epic 1.5 + BBoB on same acct as my Bst.  Would I be able to do the turn-in with my Bst, then camp him out and switch to warrior to do the battle & switch back to loot?

Yes.. you could even run bst to the scout, park there, kill in with warrior, camp above the bears, swap back to bst, spawn, kill with the warrior.

The hardest part I had on the last bst epic 1.0 I did for someone was getting the rock guys to actually drop the part.  The rest of that was easy as pie.  Still completed it within the day.

Honestly, your most efficient duo for the epic, at your bst's level, will be ur warrior & clr, just because of the gearing and levels involved in the equation.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sivaak

You mentioned right above the Bear Pit.  If I remember correctly, the last time I tried to go there, Vox banished me.  The only bear pit I know of is the trap floor in Vox's lair.  Is there another one I'm missing?

Essant

There are about 3 trap floors if i remember correctly, if you drop into the correct one (i dont remember) then Vox wont banish you
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

FesterFleabaggs

When running to Vox's lair, you go down a hallway that has 2 ramps going up on left. First one has bear pit and second is Vox's lair. When I did mine, a mage was parked on ramp into Vox's lair and got aggro. We killed him there no problem.....until he ran at low health into the lair....took a couple of tries, but I did get the loot. :)
Fester Fleabaggs - 65 Feral Lord
Corrine WinterSolstice - 63 Naturewalker (2 box)
Drozt De'soot - 55 Wizard
Gairith Mourneblade - 56 Paladin (Retired)
Stiy - 51 Monk (Corpsedragger)
Azrothe - 34 Necro
Haileey Commet - 53 Cleric (2 box)

rdahl

QuoteI've heard rumors that the spirit will actually path to the Entrance of Perma after a little time spawning.  Is this true?

Yes this is true but only one of two possibilities, however, I don't think it will path to someone other than the quest requester.   In other words, if you camp out your Bst and bring up your War then the bear will not path to your War.  But the Shm should have no problem soloing it, just use your Bst as bait. The two possibilities are 1) it will path to you and 2) it will summon you.  I don't know what the "rules" are with regards to when it summons vs. paths but I have a guess.  When I've helped others do their 1.0 we have stayed at the entrance by the scout and it came to us.  When I was doing my own epic 1.0 I got impatient and worked my way to the kings room, it apparently popped on a group and they engaged it, the bear then summoned me to it.  My conclusion is it will path to you if there is no one else in its path.  If there is someone else it will agro on them and then summon you to it.  Good luck.

Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Kanan

When I did it a coupla years ago, they were just slaughtering the bears and then had the epic bear dead before I got there (them = big at the time warrior and umm.. wizard or clr.. can't recall which atm).  I didn't get summoned or anything of that ilk.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar