Main Menu

My Pet HAtes ME

Started by Hunril, July 08, 2004, 09:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunril

My petr wont listen to me when i tell it to come back it dosent and when i tell it to follow it walks away .. for example i was still in my 20's and i was in pludal cavrens and i was on my way to camp 2 so i wen and my warder followd to a point and the juss kept diving in the water so i basically had to get therer and summon a new one can u believe the only command i dont have to kill my mouse smashing the button for is attack it only will take one try for me to tell it to attack and the rest it takes its sweet time MY WARDER HATES ME  :!:  :?:
Hunril Hanglow // 56 primalist of eci
"a great person once said the only diffrence between stupidity and genius is genius has its limits" =)

JillieMT

Pathing is horrible in some zones. I have wild lord gauntlets to whip my pet to me when needed, but I am not sure what you can use at your level. But I never ran around Paludal alot with my pet. Once I got to a hunting spot, I summoned em up and stayed in the general area.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Foorbahl

I have had problems also with my pet listening to me, if i was in OT and told him to guard he'd follow me around.  Sometimes things you do make it move, mine followed me whenever i was pulling and got hit so i decided to use spells.  This was prolly a newbie mistake but sometimes little mistakes may b the problem.
Foorbahl Fuzzyfoot// lvl 41 beastlord//e'ci server//(beauties and beasts)

sharszaik

All pets have always been like this. To get them to "back off" of a mob you have to spam the button - this is because you press it once and your pet starts to turn around to run but while thats happening the mob hits your pet and the pet reagro's , so spamming the "back off" button (command) is only way for that to work.

And for your pet not following you threw the zone well , as JillieMT said thats from "pathing"  (the preset routes npc's take threw zones) are kinda bad in alot of zones. Eventually your pet would of shown up at your side.

As for the comment about the "guard" command and pulling , this happens cause you get hit when your pulling and your pet starts running after the mob. So yeah either pull w/ range or spells , OR hide your pet far enough away that you can get to where you feel safe and your pet wont interupt your pulling.
Ikky BL on Druzzil Ro