Main Menu

If not buffs, then what?

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2005, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skratz

Quote from: Taiglin on December 30, 2005, 06:26:45 AM
Random utility thought.....I want to be able to strip a mob's DS.

Very tired so going to bed.
Hello!!! It's called DISPELL!!
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Yamori

Just throwing this out here... maybe make some form of the DoN buff type spell target the whole group? The 1500 HP/ 15% DPS boost/ 1500hp HoT would make BSTs much much more useful... that might be a bit too unbalancing though. :/

hakaaba

A single target version of it would be very interesting.  We'd be indispensable then for casting it on the tanks (at least 2 of us heh)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Taiglin

I understand dispell can stip a DS but unless it has changed isn't it a random buff slot each cast? Am looking for something targeted ala the cleric line. Maybe add it as another level of RoT if it doesn't already do that (I bought lvl 1 but is rare that I use it).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

tacyttik

Growl of the Panther is 1500hps, 20% boost, 150/tick. But seeing as how warrior 2.0 only gives 800hps, and has a recast time, the chances of a targettable version are slim to nil, even if warrior epic hits the entire group. Shamans would go berserk if we got a group version (would be better than Champ), and single target you'd never stop casting it on tanks, monks, rogues, and zerker. With a recast time it'd just be a replacement for fero, but you'd still need to cast it every time it popped, because monk/rogue dps x .20 is more than you could get from the mana using it on nukes or BE.

As for the dispell, I think what you're looking for is something the rangers just got. Nature's Balance, from what I understand, is a dispell that only takes off beneficial (to the mob) buffs. So haste, dispell, hp buffs would be dispelled, leaving slow, cripple, snare alone. Also, there are some buffs that arent dispellable, and need to be specifically overwritten by certain debuffs, such as the cleric reverse DS.

Veteri

The pet shield idea looks very interesting and would definitely give us an edge on desirability. It would probably reduce our DPS though, since the warder will be protecting and sit there idle until it has to do something. This basically since it would have to be close to the PC the pet is proctecting, leaving it out of the range of the main target.

Wildblood Veteri Narian - 70 - Beastlord - Antonius Bayle

Chickennuggets

Quote from: Yamori on December 31, 2005, 01:52:19 AM
Just throwing this out here... maybe make some form of the DoN buff type spell target the whole group? The 1500 HP/ 15% DPS boost/ 1500hp HoT would make BSTs much much more useful... that might be a bit too unbalancing though. :/

This is a great idea... but the name of the thread...
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kordana

Hopefully I didn't miss a previous respose and duplicate, as this is an ongoign post it seems.    I too read all the time but was in a posting mood.  My two cents on some of the common themes would be to have paragon/perfection include edurance regen.   This i believe would benefit  not only raids, but also when grouping  and soloing.   And for fercocity, I would just like to see the reuse timer and mana cost go down.   

Kordana
70 Beastie on Povar
Kordana Kninekamander
79 Beastlady of Povar
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1276678&resize=true

hakaaba

I hope i dont come off sounding mean  :-D

Perfection increases and endurance have both gotten a specific no from the devs

And making a useless spell easier to use doesnt make it any more useless.  Fero needs upgrades to its effects because honestly they will never ever make it as usable as it would need to be to be useful in its current form.

Chis

I wonder about the statement of us being about equal to mnk and ranger.  We parse everything we do and on a blackwing mission i run real low on mana the entire time, while a monk and ranger seem to effortlessly out dps me.  I have pretty good gear and they have about equal gear as well.  When it comes to a raid encounter.  Our top dpsers are Rog Wiz Mnk/Druid normally and a bst is no where to be found and often they joke about the cleric out dpsing us.  Its cool thoug, adds humor to /gu.

As far as the fero debate goes.  I hate the idea of making it a group spell.  I have a raid buffed mana pool of around 10.8k and we normally have 2 full time beasts on a raid.  With making Fero a group buff they will certainly up the mana cost.  Now with that being said.  Unless your raid leader sets groups up with rogs monks and rangers all in thier own groups with a healer bard, you will essentially be wasting mana on casters that will receive the buff.

I, personally would like to see a 2 hander aa come out some day.  I use Vish's 2 hander mainly for playing around since we lack that aa.  But even when i use it, I am putting out nice damage.  The lack of this aa has left 2 handers to be a joke for bsts, unless you just like to mess around with them like I do.  If you think the 2 hander aa is a bad one, what about us getting an innate see invis aa..now that is a waste.  That should have been a fixed invis or something.

I am probably going to get some heat about this but that is cool.  I have played my bst since day one of the class and have just sat back and let other determine the direction of the class.  I thought i would voice my opinion. **edit** disregard this until I have fully read the couple pages that i missed.  things might be covered in there.  I was posting this while in a raid.

70 bst Chis Bertox

http://www/magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=738286

bobfish

I just want more dps, at the end of the day I have my utility, I can slow, buff mana/hp regen and paragon, that's all the utility I want and that my mana will support. Bump up our dps, bring us in line with a ranger and give my pet better resists for those damn ae's.

Jack of all trades is fine, but lets lean towards the dps as let's face it, only healing and dps are brought in large quantities on raids.

hakaaba

I honestly dont think we need to waste a good AA on 2h weapons.  Unless, of course, it is so exceptionally good of an aa so it puts it above where we are on 1h weapons by a reasonable amount. But i honestly dont see that happening.  2h is fine for a toy but id honestly rather not make that one more thing they have to say we can do already and therefore we dont need upgrades, when we really badly do.

Dummkopf

I have to agree with hak here, 2hb is a joke at the moment which is indeed sad, however we are way too far down that way to change it back in a rush. Yes, we could use a bit more dps but honestly we are not that far behind rogues and we still have that wretched slow argument (which doesnt count in a raid of course). Our two beastlords on a normal raid do around 1k dps on KtH (my normal parsing mob) while rogues far out dps us around 1900 to 2k and zerkers are at around 1700 to 1800.  I have to try and come up with a new parse mob, MM might be pretty good.

Chis

well, i was trying to go with the 2hander comment as something they can toss in as a class specific filler.  Every pack there is some aa that you question why it is there, but I personally really like the Vish 2hander and would use it more than i already do if I had the aa.  I put it in the dps calculator and its not far behind my 1 hand combo.  I just hate having a set path that says yeah a beast can use a 2 hander but we will steer you away from it.  Any way you look at it.  I think the next offense boost should be to the beastlord ourselves.  there are times, though i hate it, that raid leader says no pets.  Our burst dps is linked to that pet.  Look at a way to make it non pet dependant maybe?  I would really like to see unlinked offense discs but now i am asking alot :)

Killian22

Well I'm gonna put my 2cp in here after reading about two pages of these and saw alot of god ideas so far so most of mine will just be ideas to further reinforce those already stated.  I havent made it to the top end raiding stuff yet but I can already see that ole pet will get eatin badly so AE ramp mitigation is a must imo, and just AE ramp cause I am sure SOE can code that in to make it just so they mitigate AE ramps or ramps in general better.

Now I have been a casual bst and a raiding bst and me personally I think we are starting to lack in the spell lines. Now I can get why most people dont want to buff alot cause I dont like buffin alot on raids either if I wanted to do that I woulda picked a shaman or another buff class but come on boost somthin like HASTE at least and maybe a better melee debuff than incapacitate that would help out casual bst more so than raiding, as far as healing goes I think its fine where it is atm, we were never supposed to be a healing class but on certain situations I keep people up who catch a little aggro or a ramp or somthin just fine, not as good a a clerci or healer class mind you but it works for those rare occasions.

I havent gotten all my off AAs yet but with DoD and after talkin to other higher end bst I am guessin that our dps has gone up a pretty good bit, once again we arent supposed to be the top end but oh well some people want their cake and eat it too.

As far as the raiding goes and that is what this post seems to be more geared towards cause its easier to please casual peeps just give em more dps  :roll:. The whole aspect of pet stuff is a great idea imo and could add alot to us and I gonna try to break it down so here goes.

Pet Shielding: Yeh I would like to see my pet do it more think its happened once and I didnt even see it lol (someone else did and thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread). It isnt unfeasible for us to be able to make a pet a personal bodyguard of a chanter or a cleric in our GROUPS and groups only, but SOE needs to make it to where the pet actually shields with some frequency.

Pet Procs: Another great idea wether it be spells or AAs (AAs being the better choice imo) would be great for different fights, just like our procs way back when we had fire, cold, magic, etc etc for those diff mobs with diff resistances, diff debuff procs like hobble would be nice as well as the lifetap procs for the group or the mana sap would add desirability I think.

I think with this exp we should focus on our pets imo, people are gettin wrapped around this whole melee thing but they are forgetting that we are a pet class and they add to our DPS too if they could live through a fight with AE ramp then as a whole the bst would bring more dps to a fight cause those parses dont usually add the pet into the equation (either the pet isnt there or it just doesnt get parsed. I'm not rantin and saying all you guys who dont wanna cast and want more dps are wrong so dont flame jsut yet I'm just sayin think of the class as a whole and imo our pets suck now unless we are soloin and that just sucks.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=933246 Makaril Itzafish - 63 - Beastlord - Maelin