Main Menu

Lucid Shards

Started by Mandrokamma, February 02, 2004, 09:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandrokamma

Time to try out my very first rant and see how well I do.

Just this last weekend I got accepted to a guild I've been apping a month or so.  They just dropped Emp/Blood a couple weeks ago, and everyone's off farming shards constantly now.  I'm kind of behind the game as the app channel didn't offer many shard groups, but now that I'm tagged, I've been in several now.  I still have a ways to go, so I tried to go solo a handful of them the other night.

I went out to Scarlet Desert first, was done in maybe 15 mins, then moved over to the Grey and got one there on my first kill.  I was pretty psyched, so I ran out to ME to see if I could get a camp there.  It was all camped, so I figured I'd go sweep DSP for a while.  I got to the cave, and sambata were up, but the cave was completely empty.  I've heard conflicting reports on which drop the shard, so I figured I'd just change it whenever the named was up.  I killed the named after the 3rd sweep of all the caves of sambata, and began sweeping the hoppers.

Soon everyone chose to start taking mobs from me.  I was managing everything from the 3rd open cave back before repops, so I was just taking these now while others took over the other spawns.  They were trying to take the caves I was in too but I had the order I killed them in memorized, so I'd be sitting right on top of the spawn when the mob popped, so it would have been a blatant KS if they took any.  One group of three ended up in the second cave, just past where I could finish (they just needed one shard).  A necro kept running past me, hoping I'd missed a hopper, but he was just farming hides, so I wasn't worried.

This continued for 4 hours or so, with tons of hides, but no shards.  Then, rather unexpected, I see OOC "A Lucid Shard in first hopper cave".  Well, the other group is still up in the 2nd cave, so they're right next to it.  I run back up there out of curiosity, just as I get a tell from them "You've been here longer, go grab it."  Now I never expected this.  I'm ecstatic.  I thank them profusely, and run by them to go loot it.  I run in the room and see the OOC'ing beastlord there killing another mob.  There's only one corpse on the ground, and someone's looting it.  I click on him and see a green circle around is feet...

"/ all soandso" yields a 33 warrior...   :shock:  

He stands up, corpse now gone, says 'thanks', and runs off.

<Insert very loud profanity at 3AM here>   :evil:

The guy had every right to it, I suppose.  OOC is free for all.  Just a shame that the other group could have easily looted it first, had they not been polite and let me go get it.  After a few tells with the guy, he did indeed know what he was looting.  He told me he figured he'd have all 10 by time he's 65.  Disappointed, sad, and tired now, I went back to farming my area.  The other group was quite disappointed that they didn't have all my spawns to camp, and left not long after I killed the Age Old Rockhopper.  About an hour later, I managed my shard of a sambata and left.

Six more of these !#$!s to go.  :(
Mandrokamma Ambrosious
75 Iksar Arch Animist
Scarlet Phoenix
The Rathe

fuunu

Ok I'll bite what are the shards for

Jrin 39 Legacy of Sha(FV Beast)

Marthaan

The Shards are for a very time consuming, pain in your guild's collective ass key to Vex Thal.  I am so glad to be done with that quest and would only do that quest again if someone paid me for it.  Up side is you get some ok items out of Vex Thal once you get to it.
Feral Lord Marthaan Ashugaan - Seekers of the Path - Morell Thule

Skanda

My guild is in the shard farming also. I spent the last two weeks or so just shard farming. Thank god I'm done now. Only an emp kill away from VT.

Mindlet

I have done it twice myself. Once for my main and once for my alt. Its really not that bad except for a few. ME is without doubt the worst one.

Hzark

I am very pleased that having spent more time than I care to remember "levelling" in ME (In quotes because XP is pretty slow in ME) I already had that shard before I started farming the others.

The reason I spent so long in ME is that as a GM tailor I had promised to make a friend a shaded hide tunic. I had not realised how long it would take to farm the necessary shaded tunic, which is No Drop, not MQable, and a rare drop from the robes.

OTOH, you can camp for shrouded medallion and axgoreth's belt of defence at the same time, and twink all your alts with assorted nice No Drop stuff too from assorted nearby mobs.

My advice is, if you are in your 50s and in a group in ME and a Lucid Shard drops, DO NOT /ooc it or try to sell looting rights, but roll on it and loot it if you can. You will save yourself days of boredom later if you do.
Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699