Main Menu

GoD AA cost

Started by Grbage, February 15, 2004, 10:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

I'm a 65bst with 134 AA and no access to elementals and most likely never will. It still takes me a long time to grind out AA and guess what? There are a lot of people out there in the same boat.  I generally can only sustain 2-3 AA per weekend. SOE essentially tuned these AA to the people who can crank out a lot of AA a day and totally ignored most the rest of the population. Sure I can still buy them but how long will it take me to max even one of these AA's? One heck of a long time I can tell you. And for the people who can crank out a lot of AA fast, they more then likely don't care about the cost.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Dummkopf

Well, they opened PoV, BoT and some other zones in which you can grind a lot of aa in a short time. In PoV alone i can get one aa in 70 minutes in a full group, BoT is faster, so you dont need elementals to be able to get aas fast.

Elrathin

Whaaaaaaaa I can't get all the AAs I want today.  Whaaaaaaa It takes pp and time to do tradeskills, whaaaaaaaaaa I can't get into zones cause I can't raid.

Call the whaaaaaaaambulance.

Sorry but I think SoE has already catered to so many people whining about how hard the game is.  What's next, Elemental Planes opening up to lvl 65, how about PoTime for that matter, maybe everyone gets instant 250 in all tradeskills.  This game is getting so dumbed down its ridiculous.

To all the whiners, if you can't take the time to level, raid, or work to get at zones, loot, or tradeskills play Unreal Tournament or some other quick to play and log off game.

It's called Everquest for a reason.  It takes time and commitement.  And before I get everyone jumping on me I have many friends that are level 50+ for the past 2 years.  Guess what?  They arent whining about it.  They enjoy it and when they get the time they will level, raid, raise tradeskills or whatever.  Stop whining OMG.

-Elrathin-
-65 Feral Lord-

Kanne

Wow that's real nice Elrathin.  

I think GOD is generally geared toward people with more than 200 aa's.  I'm sitting at 120 and have no plans to even start GOD aa until I'm done with most of the archetype and all of my defensive.  I still have lots of aa's to keep me busy and happy.  The GOD aa's are just not enough bang for the buck right now.  GOD helped alot of people that were stuck at the high end with not many aa left to do.  

On the positive side they left the first rank in most of the GOD aa's low enough that you can purchase and get a feel for it.  I can understand the frustration Grbage, getting a new expansion that is geared torward 65, and then not really being able to use it is irritating.  Of course so is getting a 1017 login error for the last three hours, but that is another rant.

-Kanne-

Elrathin

I stand by what I said.  IMO it appears that many people wish to just have things handed to them.  If EQ had cheatcodes, Im sure many would use them.

It seems every year they dumb down the game further.  Every year they make the game easier, people still complain its too hard for them to level.  OMG do half of you even remember hell levels???  Exp is soo easy to get now its unreal.  I've seen BL that solo and get at least a couple of AA a day....soloing.  In a group you can easily get 4-5 AA a day in PoV.  In SolRo if I were to actually be in a group all day (12 hours),  I could get around 10-12 AA.  My eyes would be bulging out of their sockets, but it's still possible.

I have a full-time job, school, and a life, so yeah...my AA exp has gone down a lot.  But you get out of the game what you put into it.  If your looking for game that you can make 5 AA in an hour, your looking at the wrong game.  Lvling, AA, raiding, items, quests take a long time.  Many of those have already been made easier in the past year.

So yeah, I say again to all those that whine about how slow exp is, STOP WHINING.  Before I leave EQ, I am betting that Elemental Planes will be opened up to 65 lvl char as an open zone.  Hopefully I will not be around playing to witness the pure stupidity of that.

-Elrathin-
-65 Feral Lord-

Kashmiir Battlekat

I have 136AA and do not feel compelled to obtain Gates AA immediately. Heck, Im saving for Ambidex now... 7 AA banked.

Dont feel pressure dude. Just grind out the best you can and concentrate on those AA you desire. Keep your goals short term like "I will get Ambidex" or something along those lines. Try not too look at the over-all picture because you will get angry :)

Yiktiki

You existed two weeks ago without the GoD aas, you can make it a few more months.  Just work on what you need (I'm still workin through the defensive PoP stuff, will probably get some more pet stuff next, then back to offensive, etc.)
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Grbage

Thanks for missing my point. I'm saying that for most players the AA cost is way to high. I'm not asking anything to be handed to me but as essentially a casual player with how much these AA cost I more then likely will never get one of these skills maxed. Where as the hard core player will still have a good percentage of them maxed within 1-2months of release even if they doubled they AA cost. SOE once again misses the higher percentage of their customer base.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: GrbageThanks for missing my point. I'm saying that for most players the AA cost is way to high. I'm not asking anything to be handed to me but as essentially a casual player with how much these AA cost I more then likely will never get one of these skills maxed. Where as the hard core player will still have a good percentage of them maxed within 1-2months of release even if they doubled they AA cost. SOE once again misses the higher percentage of their customer base.

I didnt really miss your point. I understand the cost is high, but consider how easily it is to obtain AA. Seriously bro, given a good group in Bastian of Thunder you can easily rake in 3-4 AA in 3-4 hours.

Personally being in a raiding guild I find very little time between work, sleep, eating and raiding to grind out AA's. I do feel your pain man :)

Will I ever get Max Pet Flurry? Not likely in the near future, but given time I will... eventually...

Ghoat

I understand what you are saying, but I dont agree with you 100%.  Fact of the matter is, when AA came out, FG was about as good a place as any to get AA.  Take you typical 65 bst, in a mid-level guild, some decent stuff, some baz gear.  You will prolly exp in PoV/BoT or maybe solo in PoN or PoD or such.  But, you will be able to get more aa in a shorter period of time there than you could when you were 60 exping in FG or such.  I am pretty sure that is the logic (not exactly, but close) that was used with the new aa cost.

Sure, there where be people that can group or 6box exp in PoE or PoF & knock out 3 aa in 2 hours, but I even for the most average player, aa comes much faster than in did pre-pop, and thus the GoD AA seem WAY out of line.  

Dont get me wrong, I wish they were lower, but I can understand the logic (well as far as logic & SoE go anyway) of a higher AA cost with GoD.  Frankly if you are not "finished" with PoP AA's I would sure not bother with GoD AA, since you will get more bang for your AA with PoP stuffs.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Ghoat

gaaaa can't edit all those typos

/rude Kash ;)

Edit Kashmiir: BUA HA HA.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Dorrogtr T`A

Quote from: Kashmiir BattlekatI have 136AA and do not feel compelled to obtain Gates AA immediately. Heck, Im saving for Ambidex now... 7 AA banked.

Dont feel pressure dude. Just grind out the best you can and concentrate on those AA you desire. Keep your goals short term like "I will get Ambidex" or something along those lines. Try not too look at the over-all picture because you will get angry :)

Same here Kash, saving up for Ambidexterity... I have 127AA's, 3 banked atm. I'm not sure if I'm willing to spent FIFTEEN AA's on Sinister Strikes just yet... That'll take me like 2 1/2 weeks, because I dont grind much anymore.  :evil:

Choppin

Gotta say that 20 AA for pet affinity is absurd, my warder having 2k hp more from buffs is not essential at all, if the warder needs to live thru 3k AEs he does it cause of protection of calliav, a spell you can get with a dozen adventures (and get  + 6 AA along the way).
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dakat

Consider this if you will:

GoD is essentially for those guilds/people who have already surpassed all of the POP zones, Time included.  To even get to Time zones you are looking at many people who probably have between 300 to 550 (maxed) aa. So, for SOE to keep these guys interested in the game, they had to add more AA that require significantly more AA per skill just so it keeps them interested in the game longer.  

Yes they added more content for the beginner on up, but you can ask anyone that it was mainly geared for the Time based guilds/people.

If you are now reaching 65 and have 100 aa, you are just a newbie so to speak.  I have friends that a year ago they were already 65 and had 300+ aa's.  Who knows what he has now.  You have to remember too that AA's were in the game before they even had the level cap increased to 65. That was a year and a half ago (if not longer).  On another character, I was level 60 and had 50+ aa just from grouping with friends in OS before the level cap increased.  OS is so crappy compared to what we can get today. It would take me 4 or 5 hours in OS to get half of an aa back then.  In POP, If the group of us are good, you can manage to get a single AA in 56 minutes. In an average group, I tend to get 1 aa every hour and a half to 2 hours.  I'm a casual player and on my days off I might get 5 or 6 hours of game time in depending on what I do that day. Sometimes I don't even feel like grinding exp and spend my entire time enjoying others company or just doing a tradeskill.

Like someone else said, its what you do with your time when you are on. It is possible to get the AA if thats what you plan to do the entire time you are on.  If you get on and then after an hour or so get a group and 2 hours later log off, don't expect to get a lot of AA with that schedule.

Pojodan

Quote from: DakatIn POP, If the group of us are good, you can manage to get a single AA in 56 minutes.

My understanding is that a well geared and efficient group can get 1 AA in as little as 25-30 minutes in PoFire and other elemental zones.  Many folks I know rake in 10-15 AAs a day there, so even the huge GoD AA costs really arn't that massive to them.. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a number of people already have them all maxed already.