Main Menu

GoD AA cost

Started by Grbage, February 15, 2004, 10:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flush

Quote from: GrbageI'm a 65bst with 134 AA and no access to elementals and most likely never will. It still takes me a long time to grind out AA and guess what? There are a lot of people out there in the same boat.  I generally can only sustain 2-3 AA per weekend. SOE essentially tuned these AA to the people who can crank out a lot of AA a day and totally ignored most the rest of the population. Sure I can still buy them but how long will it take me to max even one of these AA's? One heck of a long time I can tell you. And for the people who can crank out a lot of AA fast, they more then likely don't care about the cost.

Look at it this way.

At 134AA, it's like driving a Honda Accord. It's like any car, gets you around, fairly comfy, has 4 doors, good fuel economy, cost effective.

GoD AAs are like moving to a BMW/Mercedes. It's still just a car, gets you to the same places the Accord will, has 4 doors. But it costs a LOT more, feels better to sit in.

The price difference between a Honda and a Mercedes is significant. You make the choice. At least in EQ, eventually, you will get that 'Mercedes' if you keep plugging away at those AA.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Pojodan

Hee, and here I remember when having 100 AAs was 'uber'... here I am nearly to 200 and I'm feeling 'satisfactory'... bleh.

NoxCruor

/smirks

Main is a 56 cleric with 0 AA's.  Secondary (being retired) is a 54 Nec with only 6 AA's.  To me, I find a different aspect of the game which is fun for me.  I'm not really concerned about levels, gear, or AA's.  My friends are very similar in my views, all because we look at the RP aspect of the game - not the uberness.

I have to admit though, the way the game is now is severely disappointing.  I remember when you had to look at your book until level..what?  30?  35?  before you could just sit in order to meditate.  I remember when the hell levels were in the game, and once you dinged 36 you rejoiced and everyone in OT congradulated you because they KNEW the struggle you were going through.

Nowadays, the game is really easy and super-user friendly.  It is also geared more to the higher level players than the RPers/Casual/Solo players.  Which pisses me off because I like to solo and RP casually :P  Am I going to throw a tiff over it?  Nope, because there really is no point to it.

I fully understand the diffaculty of acquiring AA's, and the apparent need to have them.  It's a rather sad day when you're looking at different guilds and on their webpage it tells you that you HAVE to be lvl 65 with at least 175AA's in certain areas, with at least 4 right clicky-insta-cast items (ie jboots) and a horse/drogmor.

I know I hijacked a bit, but just my two coppers..
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

TheOriginalGronker

There's a price for certain AAs.  Buy it or don't.  If they just handed out all these abilities, there would be no sense of 'achievement'.  Eventually you'll get them all anyways, but I guess its better if all the useless ones are made to cost alot, and all the uber ones cheap right?

GTGob

Quote from: GrbageThanks for missing my point. I'm saying that for most players the AA cost is way to high. I'm not asking anything to be handed to me but as essentially a casual player with how much these AA cost I more then likely will never get one of these skills maxed. Where as the hard core player will still have a good percentage of them maxed within 1-2months of release even if they doubled they AA cost. SOE once again misses the higher percentage of their customer base.

- GoD AA cost is way to high for "most players".  As GoD itself is way to high (as in hard) for "most players" as well.

- GoD is not for casual players, as reflected by "almost" all aspect of this expansion.

- PLEASE, HOLD, WAIT, on the "ONCE again missed the higher percentage of their customer base".  The expansion before GoD is LOY and LDoN... PLEASE explain to me how you can think LoT and LDoN missed the higher percentage of their customer base?!?!

Tipop

QuoteI have to admit though, the way the game is now is severely disappointing. I remember when you had to look at your book until level..what? 30? 35?
Pfft. You had it easy. Back when I was a newbie you NEVER lost the book. I was staring at my book to meditate at level 50.

http://www.shootingiron.com/tipop/notherkrag.jpg" width="500" height="200" border="0" usemap="#nothermap">"Furyhttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/fury">"Tipop'shttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/">"Kraggan'shttp://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=120506&resize=true">