Main Menu

H2H weapons, us and monks

Started by Ukator Iceblood, March 13, 2004, 01:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

A weak rant, just more of a question, so far in GoD we have had 3 h2h weapons found. One for 60ish, one for people who didn't get BFs and one with an awful proc but is post time. We keep getting weapons to share with monks, however we are supposed to share 1hbs and 2hb with monks? Why would we use either unless they were hugely an upgrade?

Basically just wish there was more of a choice for our class in weapons.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

BloodCelt

thats been an old complaint of mine for a long long time.   There is (to my knowledge) no other beastlord only h2h weapons other then our epic and newbie quest weapons.    It annoys the hell out of me, and during the  Great Monk Twink Army days, it meant every single weapon we tried to secure was claimed first by the monks, or sold at a massive price.  

Now, with more and more monks going to 2h blunt weapons, we get caught in the rise of the new Beastlord Twink Army era, which means our h2h weapons are still rare as a lawyer with ethics.

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Tytallia

Look harder and you will find at least 10 non-epic non-newbie BST only martial weapons. They aren't uber but they are out there.

Knaw

Hmm. My pet pevee is that we have to share armour with monks and druids. Just look at the top AC chest pieces available for all three classes. For us it's Ancient Burrower Hide Tunic, and with FT V it will go to every healer out there first. Monks top armour so far is MNK only, and Druid top one is from the priest class set (and with FT VII, even if usable by others would prolly never been seen by them because of the same reason as for the ABHT). I hate these fixed class sets with a passion.
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Dummkopf

The real top armor is shared between classes again, yes, its only usable to the class that gets the pattern, but the pattern is dru/mnk/bst usable (timeless bp pattern). One step below is the Fennin Ro tunic, it is more aimed at monks and beastlords, but its still not bad for druids as well, and the 3 leather classes once again share armor. By the way, there are only 3 leather classes, pls count silk or plate classes. Due to the low classcount its pretty easy to get allways the best leather available after a short time.

Strigori

ssra has a couple bst only h2h weaps. nothing that sets the world on fire when compared to most of the PoP h2h, but they exist.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

GTGob

Having to share with ONLY monk and druid is bad?

WAR PAL SK BARD CLR on plate?
RNG SHM ROG BER on Chain?
4 casters on SILK?

And there is point to complain about having to share armor with monk and druid given the situation of other classes?  Please explain.

GTGob

The top Monk armor is monk only, but on the other hand the top BST armor is BST only also...  unless you found better armor than PoTime, please share your info.

bugman

my words of wisdom: monks is the devil.
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Caspi

This would not be an issue if they would up 1hb skill to 250 like our h2h. With the way they have geared the game engine on monks and bsts we are getting the shaft. Monks will use h2h just as quickly as they will 1hb since the skill is up there, but we typically will not sacrifice that 25 extra skill unless the 1hb is just awesome. Fix the skill and that will fix the problem. Otherwise they need to institute more BST only h2h in the high end game.

Ukator Iceblood

I totally agree Caspi. Thats my point. We lose the 25 attack for 1hb or 2hb. I would be much more willing to use either if this wasn't a factor. Heck up piercing to 250 and I'll use that also. I don't care, just would like a good option for something beyond H2H weapons.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Grbage

I think the reason SOE cut back on class specific drops was they were rotting once everyone on the raid had the item. What they should of done was follow through with the idea of turn ins for weapons like they did for ornate armor.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Murkk Dakruul

Yeah beastlords can't have their own weapons because they would rot, but grats my gator on the hopebringer he just won...
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Ukator Iceblood

Great idea Grbage.
And Lol Murkk.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony