Main Menu

Uqua Aura of Destruction and Focus Effects

Started by Caali, August 16, 2004, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caali

Anyone else notice their focus effect (namely my ID4) not working in Uqua? My theory is that with the Aura on I have negative wis (although it shows at 1) and it somehow turns it off.

Another BL in my guild has the exact same item (ID4 ring from Tactics) and has 70 wis with Aura on. His ID4 works. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Liga

My focii work in Uqua.  With AoD on I have 70ish wis.

Dummkopf

Dont have ID4 (35% cold nuke and as of tonight 40%) but all my foci work normally in uqua, around 180 wis with aura on.

Shirrkarn Ayge

Have never sen a problem with focus effects here
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Caali

Yeah, I'm waiting for another BL that hits 1 wis to find if that is the issue. We just recruited one so I'll have to remember to ask him. I'm guessing that most of the BLs in this forum won't be in my position  :D
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Sikkem

Quote from: CaaliYeah, I'm waiting for another BL that hits 1 wis to find if that is the issue.

Pick me pick me  :?

Just did my first uqua run last night with 1 wisdom and my id4 ring didnt work either. Actually came here ot find out why  :roll:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

KammanVaz

If you look at slot 1 of the spell data for the Uqua AE ( http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=5051&source=Live ), it says:
Quote1:  Decrease Spell Damage by 20%

So I assume it basically negates 20% of your foci effect. My druid bot was nuking for her base damage (had ID4) while my foci worked (but didn't pay attention to how much.. I have 40% ice).

Sikkem

Possibly Kamm, I thought the same for a while but 2 things didnt make sense.

Firstly I wasnt getting the focus message either which can sorta be fudged away and I would think the focus effect should still work otherwise your actually getting penalised twice arent you?  

Secondly 24 hours later on our next raid neither mine nor a guildie necro's ID4 item wasn't working for 30 mins or so either.

Will test it out a bit more on our next run thru there.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Dumpty

I have 1 wis in Uqua, and while I don't have ID4, my other focus effects functioned normally providing increased buff duration, larger heals, etc.  Presumably the effect you are seeing was from the neg 20% factor in the ae debuff.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Rarrum

I noticed a strange occurance one or two times in there... but is seems rather random.  I'm using Marr's Blessing for a healing focus.  It's normally fine, but every once in a while I'll land a heal that does exactly base + aa healing (509 or 1018 crit).  When that happens, I don't get a message from my focus item.

Smudmack

I have pos wis in uqua, and Foci works as well.

on another note, the pet isnt affected by this curse, even tho all other AE curses/debuffs affects them

Smudla Feral Lord of <Tod Und Teufel>
"I am better, faster, brigther than Dummkopf"

Dummkopf

Not all others affect pets, necro and sk recourses dont work at the moment although the used to to.
/derail off

And btw, /rude Smudlack

Caali

Well this is what I've figured out so far:

1. At 1 wis (or neg) ID focus does not work.
2. If you have a sphere ID resumes functionning as normal
3. No beneficial focuses that I have or heard of are affected.
4. If you have positive wis ID focus will work even if aura is active

Don't know about dot focuses and such but that's what I know so far.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Caali

5. Even for int casters that have positive int, if wis is 1 or less DD focus will not fire.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo