Main Menu

Raid Aggro

Started by bummp, August 27, 2004, 02:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aneya

ED got me killed the other day. MT called engage at 96%. I nuked and proced in the same round and got agro. Doh!
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Eatbugs

Which is what you get for nuking at 96%.  :twisted:
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Skratchen

As long as I've been fighting with my ED in my mainhand, my forehead has been beading up with sweat due to all the mobs that proc FD and self mem-blur .  But as time has gone on and after several ranger-esque deaths, I've changed my dialogue filters so that I can more quickly see if a mob just mem-blurred it's self or if our MT got hit by a FD proc.  It hasn't stopped all of my untimely deaths, but once in a while I get to turn off attack before it's too late  :oops:

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Cathartic

LOL, i can nuke to my hearts contend and even slap on the new GoD dot and never pull aggro from the tank.  I guess the question you have to ask yourself is; is your dps before death better than what it would be if you held off the attack for a second and survived the entire fight?  I think the latter is true.  Though sometimes i have to hold off my attack a lil longer than others, most the time im nowhere near the top of the hate list.  Makes me wonder what kind of tanks and rogues you got in your guild perhaps the ones in VM are just better equipped.  Main point though is with a shinai/jagged oynx staff combo you get considerably less aggro then when using an ED with max weapon affinity.  Personally i think that ED is prolly good for LDoN groups and soloin of which i do llittle.

Cathartic

Aneya

Quote from: EatbugsWhich is what you get for nuking at 96%.  :twisted:

Well yeah eh.

The point is the only time I get agro is when I'm an idiot and forget to engage late to let the plate classes build agro. :P
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Gakania

I usually use Ed in mainhand and shinai in offhand, and can keep this combo mostly thru phase 1-3 in time, but when we get to phase 4 i usually swap shinai on main hand and xegony wraps on offhand.
Sometimes in exp groups, usually if im also slowing and tank doesnt keep agro too well i also swap ed in bag. in Ikkinz raids i dont even think to put ed in mainhand... kind of hurts there to get agro  :P