Main Menu

SPF's do they add to push?

Started by jitathab, September 07, 2004, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

As the title says do SPF's add to push? and what about the class equivilants?

Regular swarm pets push like mad so interested if these work the same way.

Tastian

Main reason other pets push like mad is you get them in multiples 3/5/etc and most casters are too lazy to circle strife and distribute their push properly.  That means you end up with a large push in one sec direction and over the course of the minute or so duration it can really add up.

The SPF pets do have some push on them, however, they have a much shorter duration (10 sec), they actually don't land a ton of attacks during that time and even though you can have up to 5 or so going at once you usually just have one.  Yes they push, no it's really not a factor if you are paying attention.  Hehe in order for the spf pets to really cause problems the spf user would have to be causing problems imo.  8P

Zentrel

Another question Re: SPF's..   Are the pets supposed to /Con  green at lvl 65?  and could this be a reason they seem to miss so much esp. on higher lvl mobs?

either way i'm enjoyin my pair.

Thanks

Tastian

Yeah I think it's intentional.  They still do a solid amount of damage.  They even have some hps on them.  I had one of my pets take a round from warlord in PoEB awhile back and live until the next hit.  8P  Not crazy uber hps, but they don't poof on a single hit of a DS or anything (atleast no DS i'd want to be proc'n them against lol).

Fionnah

Just about everything pushes the same.

The reason that swarm pets "push like mad" is because there are a crapload of them that get dumped in one spot usually.  Stick 5 melee in the exact same spot and see what they do to push.

If you scoot a little bit every time you proc, you shouldn't have a problem.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro