Main Menu

Ikkniz 3

Started by Kinal, October 27, 2004, 03:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinal

Any suggestions on how to beat this trial?

We tried last night to split the 4 Sentinels that pop after the Guardian is killed and we couldn't get less than all four reliably and the teather was a constant problem.  A lot of the information I was getting was that you need to just offtank all 4 sentinels and burn them down quickly, making sure that the right class gets the kill shot.  But that seems to be something you need a LOT of healers for since the Sentinels hit rather hard.

What are you guys doing to beat this trial?

Aeshmal

First off, Ikkinz 3 sucks. Like, a lot. It sucks a lot.

It's possible, though extremely difficult, to split the sentinels. Getting one solo and keeping it that way is very hard, but they can be grabbed in pairs on occasion. I can't tell you how it's done because I don't know how our pullers do it. We have a very skilled monk team.

In general, though, you have to be persistent. You can't offtank 3 of the Golems and kill a fourth, most likely; they hit too hard. You can offtank one and burn a second, though, to learn which class needs to kill it, and then do so. If you can engage and kill one or two of the four, it's much easier to back out/tether, then rez and rebuff before you engage again. If you can kill a Golem each time you engage, it gets much easier. Once you're down to one or two, the event is mostly trivial.

Well, until the next part, where the bigger Golem spawns. And then his friend the zone boss spawns.

Did I mention that Ikkinz 3 sucks?

flush

Yes Ikkinz 3 is hard, mainly because battling your way down there takes so long and then you keep trying to finish off not just 4 sentinels but then 1 big sentinel and then the boss mob, which is an endurance match to say the least.

Keep at it, you guys will figure it out soon enough, pulling the sentinels 1 by 1 is but a fraction of the solution. You need the right class to kill it (and as i understand it, it's one of the classes that started the raid, so if it's late and your only berserker wants to log, STOP HIM! you may need that kill shot, heheh)

Things should be much easier and faster now that we are all 70 tho... hrm, yes yes, I'd like that Minion of Discord aug

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Maylian

Not sure if it has been changed but you can split pull the golems at the end, since the big door is the tether point you can try and get just 1 or 2 near it. Then get the tank on 1 and a pally/SK to agro the other and run it past its tether point. Golem will snap back past back into the room, whilst tank and DPS beat on other golem right in the middle of that wall so as not to get add's.  Then just hope you have 1 of each class that can kill the golems.

Kinal

QuoteYou need the right class to kill it (and as i understand it, it's one of the classes that started the raid, so if it's late and your only berserker wants to log, STOP HIM! you may need that kill shot, heheh)

QuoteThen just hope you have 1 of each class that can kill the golems.

I thought this was changed to be "class of classes".  ie. Hybrid > Melee > INT Caster > WIS Caster.  Is that incorrect?

Aeshmal

QuoteI thought this was changed to be "class of classes". ie. Hybrid > Melee > INT Caster > WIS Caster. Is that incorrect?
That's incorrect, unless things have changed since we did Ikkinz 3. Ikkinz 3 requires a specific class, chosen at random from those classes in-zone, to kill several of the mobs. The archetype-killable mobs (Priests, Int Casters, etc), are in Ikkinz 4. There are two of them, right across from one another in the two rectangular hallway rooms near the entrance to the zone.

Katonis

Yes, Ikkizz 3 is a major PITA but just wait till you start beating your heads on Uqua if you have not. =P

As for the end of the encounter the golems can choose a single class that was present at the beginning of the raid or a caste of classes.  The last time we did it one golem wanted a bard kill (class kill)and then the next wanted a int caster kill (caste kill).  The caste kills are more rare than a class kill, probably because there are 16(however many you have) classes and only 4 caste.

Getting the golems to split into single is doable and there are different ways to do it.  One way involves playing the teather ranges and aggro.  Much like how the Girplan fight or DDA fight can be done for Epic 1.5.  Basically aggroing the mess and having your tank pick out one and teather the rest.

When you are tanking a golem do NOT let anyone get withing LOS of the other golems in the room.  It will reaggro them and you have to get everyone to teather them and do it again.

Kat

Latang

From memory (it has been a long time, but meh) if you kill a golem on the door side of the wall once, it respawns there. That was useful somehow... (it's 8am and I haven't got halfway through my first coffee yet so im hazy)

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Aneya

We off tanked 3 and killed the fourth. Then everyone ran out, rezzed and went back to get the proper class kill by off tanking 3 and killing the fourth. Granted we haven't done Ikkinz 3 in months and probably never will again if we can avoid it but it was off tankable when we did do it.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore