Main Menu

New Weapons

Started by Maylian, November 01, 2004, 06:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Hi there guys, I've seen the review of weapon selection but wanted a bit of help myself. My guild isn't in time yet but we're almost done with Ikkinz.

Just wondering whether I should wait for time and get ED to MH with epic in OH or get JoS from Ikkinz and OH that? I don't have an abundance of DKP so my options are really limited to 1 weapon.

Would love any advice you can give.

Katonca

Hmmm...

Guess it really depends....

EDs cost about 25-35 DKP when they first dropped (we are based on 1 hour raiding = 1 DKP abouts). Probably hmm 15ish in guild.

My guild has farmed TIME for 10 months now, the EDs still go for 10ish.. which aint much.

Now the JoS (tho many have dropped now) go for 30-35 still.  We probably have 20-25 in guild.

To save DKP, its going to matter how much your willing to spend, and how often your guild goes to "Time" or "Ikk"..

As far as damage output, others can answer that better.

Weapons i use, are ED, Shinai, SoT, JoS, and a few others, I like to swap them out depending on different factors. Ya been lazy on my epic, maybe this week.

Just yesterday, was in a Pickup group in PoE (not very hot exp), and the Pally was complaining he could not hold aggro, well me slowing, nukeing and ED proc was why.

Im more a minimalist, why spend 50 dkp for 1 weapon, when you can have 5 for 10 each...lol
Katonca
Feral Lord
Brell
KatzCrap

Aeshmal

ED is the best mainhand weapon (for strict dps) until your guild gets to Cynosure Kvanjji and the HWoCM that he drops. Arguably, it's the best mainhand weapon until SSB off Tkarish Zyk.

Dummkopf

Still use my ED in Anguish at the moment, well not that i have a choice really. Switch in my Shinai during disc/bestial alignemt because i get higher dps that way.

Hope we see some other class only weapons like that pally sword we got in there, sure would love to see a bst weapon  :twisted:

zaab

Got this http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=47262 last nite in the Hate trial in mpg.  I am the only active beast in our guild (top one on saryrn) so the howls from the monks almost made me decide not to spend DKP on it just to see if they could scream any louder.

BTW, the graphic on it is the most stupid thing I have ever seen.  Looks like someone broke a pool cue in half and gave you the back end.