Main Menu

Depths of Darkhollow (DoD) Beastlord Loot

Started by Oiingo, September 14, 2005, 04:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dummkopf

You can use a dod aug drop to have a pet focus on other parts of armor (don cultural only though), look up Last Blood of the Beastlord. I plan on getting that simply because coa boots plain suck except for the pet focus.

Still hope that there will be a pet focus item like the ear from txevu just with a better focus. Since apparently most other damage foci get upgrades in DP there should be a better pet focus as well.

Sharrien

They removed the DoD aug with the pet focus.  On EQTraders Ngreth said that his group was unwilling to put class restrictions on the aug (for BST, MAG, NEC) and that the other devs were unwilling to allow a pet focus for the other classes who can summon minor pets.  End result, they removed the Last Blood of the Beastlord from the list of possible combines in the AAAA.

The mechanotablet still drops and you can even make mechanoinstructions with it, but the aug combines are gone like a fart in the wind.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Dummkopf

Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. Kinda sucks though to be honest since we're as of now still stuck with coa boots then as a mandatory item of our equipment and i dont like that one bit.

Dummkopf

Well, dont like the slot, but it seems the pet focus is been found with tonights serverwide first kill of Redfang (grats to Darkwind): Vermilion Batfur Sash

Or just the stats as posted normally by Oiingo:

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: WAIST
AC: 27
DEX: +25 STA: +25 CHA: +20 WIS: +30 INT: +30 HP: +335 MANA: +335 ENDUR: +335
SV FIRE: +20 SV COLD: +20 SV MAGIC: +30 SV POISON: +25
Stun Resist: +6% Regeneration: +4 Mana Regeneration: +4
Required level of 70.
Focus: Spire Servant
WT: 1.2 Size: SMALL
Class: NEC MAG BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8

Dreead

wow, belt slot...that's umm...less then good. I also didn';t know about pet focus aug going poof, that made baby iksars cry :(

Sharrien

I forget where I saw the original reasoning behind this, but here's a post by Ngreth confirming that the crafted DoD pet focus augs are kaputt:

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Trade&message.id=8738#M8738
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

tacyttik

Quote from: Dreead on November 15, 2005, 08:24:57 PM
wow, belt slot...that's umm...less then good.

No kidding, now I have to decide between a Fero V belt and a pet focus belt which would allow me to get the ext duration boots. Depressing it having the same amount of HPs as the vish belt too, and I'll be losing melee stats for it.
Honestly I'm not sure if it'd be a DPS gain to go with the pet focus or not, considering we have the BE pet now. I guess I could spend a few hundred extra DKP and get the anguish Fero V item. However a mage in my guild reported that the DoDH pet focus will be an actual upgrade, and the devs know they've screwed up on previous focii (but I dont think they're going to go back and fix old focii). Well, maybe there will be a Fero VI item from DP that I can get in a few months.

Oh and stun resist 6%...woo......(where's the SS and DotS?)

Dreead

I will be really upset if that is the only slot that we can get Spirit servant, or whatever. I will have vish belt next time it drops, and 'to me' that is not an upgrade what-so-ever(since that is the only viable fero 5 item that i will be able to get). I guess i will keep trying for CoA boots which seem stupidly rare for my guild.

Also, 27 ac only? Even hanvar's priest/caster only belt has 38 ac. And 27 ac on our beast only item seems horribly low. With patch today or tomorrow with the upgraded loot, i hope they consider little things like this. Even though it's not too much of a big deal ,but still would be nice if they a viable upgrade to previous loot.

Dummkopf

Focus juggling becomes a bit more difficult with that belt for sure. I was planing to replace my fero5 shoulders with vish ones so that i could use vish belt as fero item upgrading my inkuta belt. With the pet focus belt however i can either not use a heal or fero focus. Well, we will see tier 2 loot soon and i guess we all might have to replan our gear upgrade path. And yes, i fully expect a fero VI item outta DP.

smokepaw

I feel sorry for the people that got the Vishmitar item~

Level 70 WildBlood of the Luclin server

Discordant

Great job in itemization Sony!

I won't give up my Vish belt for that.

Bengali

Maybe there will be a Fero 6 item in a non-belt slot!  :-D
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Katonis

Im betting on a mask personally just to annoy all those with the Cleave V one.

Kat

Tastian

Sigh I keep trying to make a post, but always start ranting again.  Do mag/nec have any major conflicts in the belt slot that these pet changes interfer with?  Do necs have any reason to actually keep the focus on instead of just swapping it? 

This is very annoying, but then again there are ~9 focus effects I really like/want to have, so it's harder and harder not to have conflict without giving us a lot more options or /gasp some combo focus effects.

Where would some people like to see this focus?

Dummkopf

Ear or Finger with a clicky Tiny Companion  :evil: