Main Menu

What kind of xp should I be expecting? Equipment goals? And other questions.

Started by Old Keg, February 02, 2010, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Keg

Coming back for a bit, maybe.   Quit in 2003 or 2004 previously.

Currently 61, 46 AA. 
Here's my gear:  http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/character_profile.vm?characterId=468151597403
Not sure why I've got an empty offhand shown, but I'm using the epic 1.0 there. 

I figure I'll wander around to the various places recommended for solo, and stay at whichever ones catches my fancy.  My plan is to hit 62, and then sit and AA for a while.  If I keep playing, I want to be capable of soloing at any given moment, so I gather that means keeping a nice healthy amount of AA every level.

But what is 'good' experience?  It seems that it is supposed to come a lot quicker now.  Especially AA, I saw some claims of getting  10AA/hour at 51 and similar things that seem completely and totally outrageous to me.

Similarly, what is good sort of cash intake should I be expecting?(Does acrylia still sell well in the bazaar on Erollisi Marr?)

Equipment wise, I think I'm doing okay now.  I'm flabbergasted by the gear that 5k could get me!  I think I picked up 2k in hp/mana, and went from flowing though 2 to 17 or 19 or something.  Is mana regeneration from items still capped at 15?  I need augments in virtually every slot definitely, but that will come with time, I'm sure. 

But as far as equipment goes, once I get more platinum-what should be my next goal.  Thinking I'll get myself another haste item(any recommendations?  Partial to belt, jewelry or augments, since I need upgrades in those places.), and replace my offhand epic with another Elaborate Defiant Quickblade-unless anybody has any recommendations for cheap(ish), good weapons that are better.  Or for any slot as well, of course.

Speaking of, what is this 'power source' thing?  Any other new equipment things I should be aware of?

Specifically, rings.  Seriously.  I think I've had those 6AC/65hp rings going on 50 levels now.

Or should my first priority be to get one of those pet  focus earrings bought in PoK?  I saw the 2k one last night, is it permanently available from that vendor, or is it a limited supply item that takes a while to be available again?  How much will it help, anyway?
That's it.  Check back later for more questions.  And now, back to your scheduled programming.

Sharrien

Since the gear that can be purchased is so much better than dropped stuff and easier to get, focus on where you can get lots of AA rather than drops.  I don't have an idea what a good rate would be, there are so many variables, but you will be getting a nice bonus to AA xp for being under 1k.  You should be looking for somewhere you can get a lot of kills with minimal downtime, preferably in a hotzone.  I think all the hotzones also have kill tasks from a dude in PoK for some bonus xp.

Acrylia might sell OK, but you might get nearly the same selling to a vender.  Depends on your market, check /barter for a couple days and see if anyone is buying.  Same with velium.  Some other tradeskill stuff that will probably move quickly is animal pelts/silks fine or better and ore that is rubicite or better.  These are often bought in quantity by people skilling up.  Most marrows, spinneret fluids and loams will not be worth much until you get up to the top tier.

Check the bazaar for defiant gear.  I haven't priced the stuff on the PoK venders, but I do see a lot of cheap gear for sale in the baz, so cheap that sometimes people buy that stuff just to equip their pets!

Speaking of pets, get a pet focus for sure, make that a priority.  I believe at any level there is a huge jump just having one over a vanilla warder, even if it the lowest tier focus that affects your pet.  If you can get a mage to summon you some armor and weapons for your warder, it is definitely worth it, especially the armor.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

nedoirah

Byratan

True, but think one has to be 65 for it to show up in his inventory...any of the Elaborate Defiant stuff

Old Keg

I'm wearing a bunch of elaborate defiant stuff.  The 2k pp focus earring is available for me to buy, I saw it.  Required level was low enough for me to wear it.

Khauruk

Can anybody confirm the effect of pet focus on a lvl61 or lower pet?  LDoN didn't come out until lvl65, so pre-65 pets may not have been re-made for it (I didn't have BST back then).  I don't have time to go hunting through old posts atm to find the answer....
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Razimir

Quote from: Khauruk on February 03, 2010, 11:50:52 PM
Can anybody confirm the effect of pet focus on a lvl61 or lower pet?  LDoN didn't come out until lvl65, so pre-65 pets may not have been re-made for it (I didn't have BST back then).  I don't have time to go hunting through old posts atm to find the answer....

Minion of Darkness    

Slot    Description
1:    Pet Power Increase (20)
2:    Limit: Max Level(75)
3:    Limit: Min Level (59)

-Raz

Vidyne

Minion of darkness offers no max hit increase, no HP bonus, and only a regen increase if memory serves.  This is unless it has been changed since I used it years ago.  When the focus was created, beastlords were not on the item, and therefore the 62 and 64 pet data was added after the fact.  I believe they slightly messed up adding that data and did not add all of it correctly.

They could have fixed it by now though.

Grbage

Last time I checked MoD still didn't work for bst and I highly doubt the devs went back to change it this late in the game. After all that's quite a few pets they have to create and balance for an old focus that is no longer supported.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Camikazi

Quote from: Grbage on February 04, 2010, 03:33:07 PM
Last time I checked MoD still didn't work for bst and I highly doubt the devs went back to change it this late in the game. After all that's quite a few pets they have to create and balance for an old focus that is no longer supported.

Well it was made grouper (and BST) accessible in OoW but they still never fixed it to work with our lower pets. I believe even in DoN MoD was the focus on the pet items for groupers. It is also the focus on Elaborate pet focus (req level 59, meaning it does nothing for BSTs), they just decided not to make the templates for our pets even though the focus is still used and easily available to BSTs of that level range.

nedoirah

I woul look through the various hotzones to find one that works for you. Talk to the hotzone npc in fron the ramp of the lobby.

Wolfcaller

Quote from: nedoirah on February 03, 2010, 10:35:53 AM
PoK vendor has a pet focus earring you will want to invest in.

What vendor is that?  I musta missed that addition.  Could be useful for some of my alts maybe.

Sikkem

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Old Keg

Quote from: Khauruk on February 03, 2010, 11:50:52 PM
Can anybody confirm the effect of pet focus on a lvl61 or lower pet?  LDoN didn't come out until lvl65, so pre-65 pets may not have been re-made for it (I didn't have BST back then).  I don't have time to go hunting through old posts atm to find the answer....

Just bought the 2k platinum summoner's(Summoner's Boon) earring in PoK.  62 pet, previous max hit was 74, now is 76.  Summoner's Boon also came out in LDoN, didn't it?