Main Menu

Part one Solved!!!!

Started by LyonoThundercat, September 16, 2004, 08:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LyonoThundercat

Ok, for all of you following the Epic Quest lines so far:

PART ONE:

Elder Animist Muada says 'You seem to have created a reputation for yourself. I have heard of you from Dumul himself as he keeps a watch on most beastlords in the lands. I trained him when he was much younger and look how magnificent he has become.  Like some others, I do see that you also have used your knowledge and skills well.  The command of wild spirits is very strong with you.  If you are truly in tune with the airs of spirits, you will likely know that all is not right with the [wild], no matter which path of the beastlord you follow.'

You say, 'What wild'

Elder Animist Muada says 'We can only talk in generalities for now as we are still investigating the strange disturbance with the feral spirits.  I can tell you that the opening of a way to Discord and that dark realm itself have something to do with all of this.  The spirit world has been [infected] by Discord somehow -- we are certain of that.'

You say, 'infected?'

Elder Animist Muada says 'Some fear we are losing some of our spirits as they sadly seep into that realm that seems to live and breathe.  We can only employ the best of beastlords to help us with this task.  You will, in fact, very much be acting as an elder for a time, becoming one with the wisest of us all.  Your body and beast will be strained to the fullest limits.  Are you [ready] to work among us, master of the feral?'

You say, 'I am ready'

Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well then.  We, the elders, all carry and often wear a [Helm] of the Feral.  It is a cap that each of us creates to channel the essence of the wild through our minds and bodies.  If you are planning to attempt to walk with us in our battle against the chaos of the dark realm, then you will need to fashion your own.'

You say, 'What helm'

Elder Animist Muada says 'In order to create the helm, you will need to collect several items that may prove a challenge -- one that I feel you can overcome.  If you're willing, I will share the [requirements] with you, feral lord.'

You say, 'What requirements'

Elder Animist Muada says 'These tasks fall to you and you only as a beastlord.  In order to create a helm that is truly your own that is tied to your essence, you must gather some rare items to create it.  And, you must be a master with your tailoring if you wish to succeed in making this item.  In part, you will need to use your instincts to discover where these [items] are. '

You say, 'What items'

Elder Animist Muada says 'You will need to [find] a wild grass pushing through the stones of a dark corner in a place built on foul earth.  It bears a magic that we will use as the thread that will help focus your thoughts.  We will also require an elusive shrub that rarely shows itself that we recently discovered.  It is also magic and we will use it for the tanning.  Its essence shields your mind from invasion.'

You say, 'find?'

Elder Animist Muada says 'You will also need to release the tortured essence of a bloated, wild, tusked creature that suffers and collect a tear.  Finally, a kindred spirit and tailor has found a magic that creates a good leather for this helm.  Seek him out.  Now go and return all of these precious goods and I will further instruct you.'

Ok, now to make it more fun:

Piece #1:  Sirens Grotto - An Ailing walrus (Drops a No Drop Tear... Forget the exact name) Placeholders are the "Servant" Walrus and Manatee that are around zone.  From information, Ailing Walrus can pop anywhere a Servant was.

Piece #2: Gulf of Gunthak - Savage Lord Hunter (loc is (n) 2644 , (p) 918) requires you to give him 3 unstacked Blue Diamonds.  Results in Taut Leather Patch.

Piece #3: Plane of Disease - Roaring Grass...Found on the floor of PoD castle at loc (p) 1777 , (p) 65.  Word has it you have to get the key to get into the castle this far.

Piece #4: Riwwi, Coliseum of Games (GoD) Petrified Fangshrub - Ground Spawn  (n) 349 , (n) 29

Take all four items and turn them into Elder Spiritist Mauda, he will hand you back a Pattern and a Needle.  From here, you are wise to have 100+ tailoring skill for the final combine.  It results in the following item:

Helm of the Feral
MAGIC ITEM   LORE ITEM   NO DROP
Slot: Head
AC: 15
STR +5  DEX +4  STA +3  WIS +3  AGI +3  HP +60  MANA +60  ENDURANCE +60  
SV DISEASE +5  SV COLD +5  SV MAGIC +5
Required level of 55
WT: 0.1     Size: Small
Class: BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7

After you have completed the turn in and get the Helm back, Equip it, and Speak again with Elder Animist Muada:

You say, 'I am done'
Elder Animist Muada says 'Ah, I see you were successful! You become more like one of the elders each day -- elders which may now become known to you. I would like you to become familiar with some of the greater animists of Norrath, so I will have you make some deliveries on my behalf. These elder animists are very busy and you must find them on your own in our lands. Show this letter to the elders as you find them.'

He gives you: Letter from Muadla

PART TWO:

(Not in any order as of yet for the Elders)

Go find Marrey McGrannel in Ocean of Tears at loc neg 1521, pos 1542. She does not reply to hails, but will start talking to you once you turn in the letter to her.

Marrey McGrannel says. "It is indeed authentic. i suppose i can tell ye that i've been studyin' the way o' the sirens. We as beastlords use the strength of our warders, as well as bestow magic upon them. These sirens use mind tricks! i'm workin' on a [way] to use the magic these fair ocean maidens do to help our kin."

you say, "What way?"

Marrey McGrannel says. "I do miss me time with Muada and i suppose i'll get me chance again. I'll have to leave now and go to Muada so that i may learn what i must do for him to end the threat to your ways as beastlords. Be well and ready to open your mind to learn from Muada."

after that, she gives you the leter back & despawns.

Found an iksar elder in Overthere named Elder animist Irionu Bastun. loc 3500ish by -3500 at north east corner of overthere, by the water at the ithmus.  Didn't respond to hails but when handed in letter you hear:

Irionu Bastun says 'Ah, well, expect rigorousss timesss. Nice to see a familiar stroke of the pen. I learned from muada a long time ago and it wasss not easy. His tasksss are never easy. Are you familiar with these [lands]?'

You say, 'What lands?'

Irionu Bastun says 'I've been studying the rhinocerousss asss well asss other thingsss I cannot discuss, but my life is about our kind and the power of our warders. This gray beast here isss so incredibly fierce and surprisingly agile for itsss size. I have been able to use the waysss of ferociousss beastsss in some of my conjuresss that you may have heard of, hm?! Endless things to learn about wild beastsss. Enough slithering of the tongue, I shall [read] thisss note now.

You say 'read'

Irionu Bastun says 'I must go. That letter bringsss troubling newsss. I must hurry asss I now have another task I must pursue urgently. I marked that letter for Muada for you. Do not lose it.'

*Note*  None of the other Elders in the area of Shar Vahl respond to hails about the quest.  Maybe they are in other areas of the world we know, or are getting to know.

No idea where it goes from here....but at least you all have the info.  And Grats to Firiona Vie servers Lestor for the infomation leading to the completed item, and to all other Beastlords in serverwide that assisted with the solving of this first part.  =)

9/17/04 - Updated to correct spelling in part of text, and added finishing step after combine is made.  Added text for first part of the Step 2 (Thanks to post made by Lirish), And the second part as well (Thanks to a post made by Kikanass)

Man0warr

Its Fangshrub i think.

And after the helm, you put it on and say "I am done" to Mulada, then he gives you a note and tells you to speak with other Elder's around the world and give them the note...thats far as we have gotten.
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Man0warr

From other thread:

Thu Sep 16 04:48:14 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I will say 'tis very good to see you again. Shall I assume we have some business to tend to?'

Hand him the 4 items...

[Thu Sep 16 04:48:31 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I'm impressed and you are proving your skills as a worthy companion to the wild beasts and the elders of the feral spirits. I have fashioned the basic form of the helm for you. Now, the rest is up to you. Take this special needle. It has been handcrafted and touched by a savage spirit and now you will thread your own spirit into this magic armor. When you are done, return and tell me so.'

Combine the helm and needle he gives you in a tailoring kit. You get:
Helm of the Feral - AC15 str+5 dex+4 sta+3 wis+3 agi+3 hp/mana/end +60 svD/C/M +5 required lvl 55

[Thu Sep 16 04:54:45 2004] You say, 'I am done'
[Thu Sep 16 04:54:45 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Ah, I see you were successful! You become more like one of the elders each day -- elders which may now become known to you. I would like you to become familiar with some of the greater animists of Norrath, so I will have you make some deliveries on my behalf. These elder animists are very busy and you must find them on your own in our lands. Show this letter to the elders as you find them.'

He gives you: Letter from Muadla

Thats as far as Ive gotten, none of the elders in Shar Vahl want the letter, so be on the look out for elders or animists in random zones.
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Phantomwalker

QuoteI would like you to become familiar with some of the greater animists of Norrath
Quoteyou must find them on your own in our lands

That Says Norrath so I'm thinking tying in the "our lands" part that there may be something with the other starting cities/zones for beastlords where an animist is located... another thing is count back to the lore of the VahShir/Beastlord class being of 3 tribes (Anyone looked around Stonebrunt/hole/eurd areas for this part?)

Phantomwalker

Mingo

As far as Im aware, Im the only person who has the letter and I found nothing before servers went down, only got to check perma and half of EF though.

Zurash Kittenclaws

Damn lol, I just took some time to make up a nice easy to read guide, and see that Lyono has already posted one heh. Good work. :)

Perhaps this thread can be made sticky though, and kept clean and easy to read. Any information can be added to the top post and then deleted so that a guide is formed as we go.

Perhaps a note can be made regarding this so that new info posts can be kept in the general clue discussion thread? :)

Items as people listed them are Taut Leather Swatch and Wildspirit Tear. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Dreambringer

Sounds like a hint "our lands" maybe meaning areas surrounding each of the races starting cities... i'd check zones surrounding Cabalis, shar vahl, etc... probably will be something like the "scouts". They will give us mini tasks for each elder we find. /shrug

Dreambringer

Someone please post what happens if you are under 100 master skill in tailoring on the combine, does it just say "sorry you need more skill" and not eat the items...? And do we just need 100(MASTER) and it becomes trivial. Any information would help. thanks.

Ukator Iceblood

Told me I was way to low to try to combine at 33. Didn't eat items.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Meowsa

Most likely the combine is NO-FAIL, but requires a minimum Tailoring Skill to perform the combine.

Xilbeast

anyone know if its possible to MQ the riwwi item, I dont own gates...

Raaski Razorclaws

Sony in the past has at least thought some stuff through, like making the beastlord epic only require original, kunark (expansion that introduced epics), and luclin. Same for berzerkers (didn't need to go to PoP or LoY or anything stupid).

Now though, this is just dumb unless there is fine print on the box/order page somewhere that mentions "you will need all expansion up to this point to completel epic 1.5/2.0".

Aeshmal

The Epic cannot be multiquested. If you do not have (presumably all) expansions, you will not be able to complete it. This is not appreciably different than our original epic, which required Kunark.

Raaski Razorclaws

It is different because orginal epics only required kunark (introduced epics) and orginal game. These epics don't just require OoW and orginal/kunark, and unless advertised somewhere that even though you bought this expansion which said you could do Epic 2.0, you can't unless you have bought every other expansion to this point. IMO that is just wrong (though I own all expansions).

Xilbeast

ive tried going to the npc in shar val he wont take 1 item at a time, cant even click to give it to him.  It gives you a message saying you must hand in all 4 items at once.  Im no legal expert but i suspect this is false advertising or close to it.  Nowhere did it state within the omens advertisment for the epic feature that we would be required to own all prior expansions.  Luclin i could understand since beasts are a feature of that expansion, but gates of discord?  No sir.

I am currently awaiting an email or phone call from a senior tech at sony in regards to this issue.

As for epic 1.0 kunnark is a justified expansion for that quest as 1.0 was an after the fact feature of that expansion.