Main Menu

5th and last Elder Animist has been located..

Started by Lestor, September 18, 2004, 10:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lestor

I found Diddugu in Western Wastes near the north end of the zone standing by some crystal formations.

When I found him, I considered him first off!

Diddugu scowls at you, ready to attack -- he appears to be quite formidable.

Hmm.. damnit.  Alas, I did not let this deter me, I was sure he was it!

I handed in the note, and he promptly replied:

Diddugu said 'I will do nothing to aid beings like you.'

That's a bummer. :(  Well, I was through with Mr. Diddugu yet.  I headed back to Muada and got another note.

This time.. I brought a friend with me.  I put the note into the Give NPC window, and had my friend grant me invisibility... He was indifferent to me then.  I hit Give.  Bingo:

Diddugu said 'Tanks.  You can have back.  Me spit 'n' smear dat so Muada know me see it. Me smudged it me thinks. Me trust no one! Me on big job now and no time. Me studying da [mastodon].  Dey hurt me lots, but me tuff with my warder. No match for me! Dey do survive da cold good and manage not to die wit all da wurms and da beasts here. Me try to learn to harness da power of dem.'

He handed the note back right away... I begged and pleaded with him to give up more information.. but he just scowled... Oh well.  He 'signed' the note and that was all that was important.  Back to Muada I went.  I handed him the note:

Elder Animist Muada said 'Greetings once again, Lestor. I am satisfied that you may now take on the greater challenges facing our kind.  The problem within the spirit world is far more serious than we had first thought and needs to be addressed.  It is time for you to take on your first task.  Do you [believe] you are ready to continue?'

I said, 'I believe'

Elder Animist Muada said 'At the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast. It was once an surmountable spirit, but it has learned and aged and grown too powerful for anyone to tame.  Its spirit is imbued with a feral force that must be reclaimed by a beastlord.  You must release the savage energy it has absorbed and return it to me.  We will return it to the spirit world at once.  You must also find and bring me the remains of a disturbed spirit in a realm of night terrors. I need to understand what has infected those ethereal beasts of late. Bring both to me.'

And that was that.. I left Muada, and here I am to tell the story!

Details on Diddugu..

He's a troll, as everyone presumed.

He's in the northern regions of Western Wastes located at '4246, -93'.

If he's not KoS.. then lucky you!  Or if you're a Vah`Shir and can sneak.. by all means do so.

The safest way to get to him is by following the eastern short north, and continue along the north shore westard until you see him.  You'll probably see him before Jen Sapara.. but she's very close to him, and level 62.  So no touchy.

Good luck,

Lestor
66 Beastlord
Firiona Vie

Mingo

I saw him yesterday, Alla said he had been there for a long time so I didnt bother running over :(

And about the next part, the one is pretty obviously PoN, but the other one sure as hell sounds like the eye of veeshan to me, and that would seriously suck.  Hopefully it just means the tornado in storms.

Camikazi

Regarding the second part of the message, the one talking about the remains of a disturbed spirit in the realm of night terrors, wella  druid friend of mine was soloing Nightstalkers in Nightmare and kept getting a lore no drop item called Disturbed Beast Essence. Seems like that might be what is needed, haven't had time to check so not sure if anyone has posted this already or not. The drop seemed rather common he was having 8 rot at one time, so it is a common drop from them.

steeth

Snuck behind Diddugu.  Besides the lines above, he responds to mastodon with:

"Geez.  No rest for me.  He he.  Must go.  You go to.  Dangerous for you here.  You not so tough!"

Tried other things and couldn't get him to say anymore.  Despawned after a couple minutes.

Nusa

Vah Shir sneak worked fine on Diddugu. He was KOS, but nonaggro, to me. Be interesting to know if he's KOS to those friendly with trolls.

Lesrik

So that's what that thing was for.  I kept on getting Disturbed Beast Essence when I was killing the werewolves in PoN.

It is a VERY common drop.  I got one just about everytime that I killed them.  I'm glad that I have kept it then.  =D  Now to just get the letter.  ><

Choppin

ok well he is kos to troll too, and he ate my letter... I guess I can get a new one, and I guess I have to give it to all the dudes again including CT (...../("ยง$&)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Nusa

Try just doing the elders you haven't done first. I suspect they're really hidden flags, and you don't have to redo them.

Choppin

I forgot to try to con him with equipped epics and helm, maybe that makes him nonkos.

edit: I repeated the handin in overthere with a new letter and it acted as if I had not done it before

edit 2: I conned him with ehlm and epics  and still kos

I redid the turnin with a new  letter and the invis trick and it worked and Muada was satisfied when I handed him the new letter back (so I guess there are indeed hidden flags for already completed steps)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tebdliz

The ogre when you hand it in says he signed it sorta.  I think its a flag not an item change
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=402497" target="_blank" class="postlink">Amberly Lvl 65 Beastlord

Caradis

although Id hate to have to see people go to PoA this early in the epic, I figure its at least worth suggesting.

I read this in the epic 2.0 forum

Raiding in Plane of Air dropped a
**Fierce Spirit Clay**
Magic Lore No Drop

From the phoenixs on phoneix isle.

These mobs are one groupable, only one dropped cleared whole island for the ring.

Sounds epic like who knows, posted just incase it crops up.

I doubt its what is needed for the first part, but worth suggesting[/quote]

Mingo

I immagine a PoA drop would be epic 2.0 if its for anything.  I will say however, my guild ended up farming air alot and I never remember seeing that before.

Man0warr

The flag you get from turning in the letter to the elders is hidden. It is also part of your character, not the note. So just go get another one if you turned it in to troll without getting invis'd first. You don't need to redo all the elders if you lose your letter.
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

CillianFV

Got my Disturbed Beast Essence.

Aparently there is a new mob on Pegasus Isle in the plane of sky called "Eternal Spirit".  It looks like a normal pegasus.  I believe this is our next best lead.  It seems to fit the clue text about sky and living a long time.

Good luck to you if you get to try this out before me.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Rahvyn-SOK

Quote from: LestorElder Animist Muada said 'At the eye of the storm in the sky, there are rumors of a hungry beast.

In the center area of PoStorms where the frogs are, the "eye" of the tornado in there may be a possible spawn point.  I'll see what find there in the morning, too tired to look atm.