Main Menu

Girplan Spiritleech after the 15th patch

Started by Mspurr, December 16, 2004, 02:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mspurr

Anyone else tried this fight after patch? I did this fight awhile back with my Beast and SK friend boxed a Pally and Shaman. Sk pulled named and all adds, Pally stunned the name, others leashed back and I aggroed the name before stun wore off, we killed name very easily.  We attempted this fight after the patch today, started with Beast, Pally, and Cleric, got the name pulled out, no problem, after beating on it till my cleric was oom the mob never dropped below 99% health. Got more help to come, had 2 Clerics, 3 Beasts, Pally, Druid, and Rogue.  Mob never droppped below 98% health :-o.  We tryed killing all the adds, more spawned, we played with this event for almost 2 hours and they never despawned. we had to give up do to the emergency patch.  Anyone have a clue whats up?  :?

Koocoo

I did this fight at the beginning of December.

I burnt up 4 letters to get the timing down. Don't know if it changed post patch but...

Do your turn in - run to the tree north of the spawn and sit. after 30 minutes all but the named a one mob will despawn. Pull ASAP. The named and his friend will despawn if you don't. The tree to the north is just out of leash range so pull to your hearts content. after an hour from the turn in the mobs will start spawning again, then after 90 minutes poof - all gone.

So after the first half hour you just send a tank in for the named - offtank the add and loot.

I died on the first time I tried this for real. Spent a few times DD the named and making him leash back a forth but his regen was too high to solo. On the real fight I wouldn't have died except that the cleric said brb at 27 minutes and didn't reappear until the mob was dead. The chest dropped and nice bracer that was given to our shammy raid leader.

Easy camp - if you wait for the despawn.

Dumpty

Girplan Spiritleech was indeed nerfed, wish i got tihs out of way pre patch.  You can still single him out of the crowd and engage as before, but either he has a billion hp or mega regen.  Plus, even after i landed tash(J Stick) I still could not land slow, and this is trying to cast well over  a dozen times.  Again, during this entire time i had atk on the girplan while i was trying to cast and so was my high lev pet i unsuspended. He never dropped below 99%.  Girplan hit me for 998 max and as low as lower 200's.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

wilcoxon

Girplan may have more hp now than before (no idea), but his resistances have always been insane.  When I killed him (with about 2 groups), nobody ever got slow to land and even wizard lure spells were always 75-100% resisted.  I'm fairly sure he was debuffed with malo and/or tash as well.  Everyone except the wizard ended up meleeing becuase they could do more damage that way than by attempting to land spells.

Dumpty

Ah ok, I did try this encoutner with like 5 minutes to go before server down, had and enc with and my slow did land on him as well as the enchanters after mine.  If only someone didnt pul aggro or w/e happened and reset him at 40%, server went down a couepl mintes later  :x
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Strigori

just a thought, but it may be possible that they changed the encounter to need the 11 other mobs to die to  make the named killable.  Dont know, just speculating, but as there are several events out there where this is the case, it may be here also.  The teather effect should let the killing of the 11 other being fairly easy, if  a bit more time consuming.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Vidyne

Before the patch, adds had a repop of about 8min or so if i remember... if not less... I remember it being extremely FUTILE to kill them /shrug.

Unless that was changed, killing them then SL not gonna be easy if thats the case.

Ambyrr

Is this nerf confirmed? I'm trying to get my guildies to come help me and I was wondering how big a force I needed.....

Petrak

Just did this fight and it seems that the patch made some changes.  We pulled the named single but couldnt seem to get his health below 99% .  So we killed him by having the MT on the named and the rest of the raid killing adds.  Everytime an add was killed the named became weaker/killable.  Once all the adds were killed the named was finished off easily.  Anyways, good luck .

Sirin

did this fight easily with 4 people, a druid on heals (66), a war to tank (65), me (67th Beastlord) and a ranger (66).

Played with it once to get timing down then waited till turn in respawned for the actual battle.
I prox agroed the adds till the named would come then the ranger agroed the named away from me into the Warrior while i tethered the adds. after that it was easy =D

don't know about a nerf or if they updated this fight on the 15th
Sirin Bloodlure
70th/225 Beastlord of Venril Sathir

Vidyne

Prior to the 15th -

You could work the tether to your advantage and get him single with a variety of paci/harmo/split pulling/pet pulling whatever.. it was hard, but doable.

After 30min or so, and just a min or two before the depop of the encounter, usually 9-10 of the adds would depop(we did it this way on my friend's kill), then its extremely easy to harmo 2 and pull.

On my kill, i was able to pet pull him, and we had a paladin, necro, monk, me, and cleric, and later an enchanter, who mezzed one adds who came when we pushed too far.

Was able to get slow to land on second try, and nothing seemed horribly resistant, he was resistant, yes, but not greatly.

From what im hearing in this post and some friends :
After 15th -
Girplan either has huge regen or huge HP, because engaging him with others up barely dents his HP.
Kill others slowly or quickly, probably need much larger force than 1 group, maybe 2-4 groups.
Kill the adds, and girplan will weaken, when all adds or most adds dead, kill Girplan.

Just from reading this post and my personal experiences with prenerf version

lulabye

The mob is totally single pullable.  I had 2 groups of elemental geared people with me, Enough dps to handle ourselves...Played with the pull a lil bit, got the Spiritleecher singe EASY.  When we engaged, after about 5 min (2 beasts, bard, pally, monk, war, wiz, druid for DPS) SL was still at 99% didn't budge.  Tried pulling the minions single, and SL came with everytime.  Going to try a differant way soon.  After about 30 min of not touching the mobs all mobs despawned.  Attempted 12/22

lulabye

Lost my main tank after the first couple of miffed pulls, I needed a bit more healing power and I think that I would have succeded.  If its like whats posted above going to see If I can get this event done again...tonight. LOL.  Should be fun, just need to make sure I got 1 solid tank, 1 solid healer, offtank, offtank healer and some good dps for killin adds.

lulabye

Thats what it took.  Girplin Spiritleech had an emote about getting weaker after every minion was killed.  Still the same pet pull tactic, except you're pet pulling a minion.  If you have 2 tanks, have one tank on your pull target, the other on Spiritleech (they will be the only one on the leech for a few kills). 

Set Up:
2 tanks
2 healers (at least)
You!
DPS whether you use one group or more (I had 10 people elemental geared)

Pull strat:

Set up with your 68 pet bagged (or whichever highest pet you have) and get Omakin up (level 54 warder)
Buff the snot out of your 54 warder, cleric buffage, shammy, anything to get its hp ac higher.
Set one tank to always tank Leech, one to tank Your pull.
Have SL tank get him targeted.
Target a spiritminion and send pet in, as SOON as pet hits the mob /pet hold, these things have very small agro range so you don't have to pull far for it to be effective.)
As soon as spiritminion dies either pull another one or tether SL by getting everyone out of tether range.
Rinse, Repeat.

Spiritleech hits for 1kish Flurries occationally
spiritminions hit for 500- 600s quad.

When SL tank starts noticing SL getting lower just from him, time to go all out on the spiritleech.

a chest spawned after i looted my piece.

Impudent

Just did this fight a few hours ago, with 3 groups, some elementally geared - some not. (can proly do it with less [no rogues, 1 ranger])

NEED 2 tanks and atleast 1 healer for each.

Since the patch, if you single pull the named and attempt to kill him outright, you'll spend weeks fighting him.

What NEEDS to happen is this....

Have MT offtank- the named.  Have the OT tank the trash while all the DPS helps kill trash. 

Since the trash respawns fairly quick, having 2 trash in camp is ideal.

Once all the trash is killed, kill named, loot essence.
Oh, and F'Vrex Barxt Qurat... for hitting me 3 times.. EACH for 3196.. when *HE* was at 1% health!!

Venerable Impudent Blasphemy - Retired
Predator Zartuim Agromonster