Main Menu

Girplan Spiritleech after the 15th patch

Started by Mspurr, December 16, 2004, 02:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Havent seen the trigger for this on AB for quite a while now at the co-ords mentioned, is it broken? anyone done in last few days on any server?

Telocsilver

On Sunday (9th) I checked and he was up.  I have been keeping an eye out lately, as every other time I looked he was down.  You may just be getting the same unlucky streak I was seeing.  He spawns at the coordinates I have seen (~N600,~P50 i think it was) at the base of a tree.

Nusa

That mob is 2 hours up, 2 hours down. So if you're keeping track, it's easy to know when it'll be up. If you aren't, it's 50/50 you'll find it up.

jitathab

ok found trigger up, took 14 EP geared people, 2 x cleric ran oom after 8 small ones 12.5k tank

Mobs respawned after partial wipe, all on top of each other.

I suggest 3 cleric min on this, necro feeding, and if you mess up do not bother trying to reattempt it. You can not resplit the mobs, so unless can take however many you killed before all at once AND the named just walk away.

Non EP people - 4 groups min

Warrl

do the adds still have a fast respawn time? I am in a pre elemental guild (cleared VT like 8 times). how many groups would I need? We have a couple of 10k plus tanks and some knights pushing 10k.
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium

jitathab

Yes adds have a fast respawn time :/

I would say 2 healers on the MT and 2 for the trash healing. The tanks HP at 10k is plenty, just question of killing everything before mana runs out on main healer. Get 6 Wizards and AE the script would be fun, can kite the main boss around btw..

Any time you touch any of the adds you get the Spiritleach after you, especially if on the limits of tether, the tether distance is incredibly small.

Warrl

hhmhmmm ok one last question I just thought of , when the adds respawn does the Girplan get stronger again and go back to invunerable if all the adds have repopped?
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium

jitathab

No idea :) I guess once Girplan engaged the adds stop popping.

Nluk

I found a pretty easy way to kill this guy with maybe 6-9 people.

Ok, so when he pops he has those adds around him right. Well the adds are charmable! So what I decided to do was have a chanter/bard charm one of the minions....might take a bit since they seem to like to resist. Then after you get him petted just sick him on the named and the pet(minion) dies.

Rinse and repeat and your left with a nice single named!

Hope this helps some of ya if your having troubles.

cillaz

Hi all
Just thought i would post about this as i just finished fight.
I pet pulled the named from the adds and 2 adds came with. we stuck the main tank on named and off tanks on adds. We then just used a monk and he got 2 each pull just from throwing a shuriken. We pulled all adds and killed 2 a time like this.
Now.... while he does get easier to kill after each mob dies with 9 of the 10 dead we tried him and got him to 96% - we then killed final add and his hp dropped about 4% a second.
SO .. kill all adds - dont bank on killing some then killing him. We had 25ppl all ep or better geared and we couldnt kill with one add still alive.
Some helpful info - dont pull them to far or they warp back to their spot and have 100% hp again. They have super small aggro range so dont worry bout getting to close to them.
Also, all adds are mezzable/charmable.
Cillaz Scalefist
70 bst, morden rasp

Xabthak Bloodytail

Anyone remember what the respawn timer is on these minions?  12 min or 20 min? Also does the SL cast anything? Also i see where the minions are tethered, but is the SL also?

Mrcoolies

Hi
I did this fight the other day with 16 people mainly baz/OoW gear. We was doing fine and got down to the last 4 minions when for some reason a minion agroed on MT and cleared him out.  We wiped then started again and it got worse and worse has the repops were all on top of each other. I think the minions respawn time is something like 10 mins, anyway I was getting down hearted has there were loads of minions and it didnt look like we was going to clear them then lo and behold the Girplin Spiritleech
droped dead lol.

I think all you have to do is kill all of the original minions to make GSL killable and I would like to add that the minions give neg loyalist faction of which iam still trying to gain back /cry.

Good Luck

Xabthak Bloodytail

Thanks for the replay  MrCoolies, but  was the SL tethered also?

Skratz

Yes, SL is tethered.  When I did this he was right at his tether mark, and kept tethering back and forth untill we had adds killed, then we jumped him at spawn.  Kept tank from getting hit the whole time, made it a lil easier, but chaotic.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Tindos

When I did this fight, it lasted well over an hour but there were no repops. What I did was once in a while while we were rearranging things between MT deaths and gaining new people, I sent my pet in to pull 1 or more of the minions away from the raid and let it tether back. I kept doing this thinking maybe it would prolong the event, or at least the time before respawns, since it was still technically active. It seemed to work for me.
-Elder Tindos, Feral Lord (lvl70)
Sir Tong Kong, Lord Protector (lvl65)
Northstar Legion, Torvonnilous