Main Menu

Pet Survivability Possibility

Started by Kanan, August 23, 2006, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

A friend mentioned this to me when I was complaining about pet survivability, and I thought I'd mention it here to see what others thought about it.

Giving us a heal/AA that will give the pet a defensive proc, much like Skin of Reptile.  It would work so that when the pet gets hit, it procs off a heal on the pet.  Reptile tends to crit a lot.  I THINK (and don't feel like looking it up atm) that Reptile has a cap on the amount it will heal, but it does fire a lot. 

Problems I see with it:  if the pet's gonna evaporate, the heal prolly still will be insufficient to properly deal with it.  And if it has a cap it'll prolly get used up too quick in AE ramp or OTing situations to be sufficient.  Another problem I could see would be them making it take 30+ AAs to be an effective tool (eg Pet LoH, b/w the recast reduction etc AAs).

But it may be a possible tool.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Boister

I will personally prefer Promised mending to be 10-12 sec instead of 18sec, i think it the right tools to keep pet alive.  Been 0.3 sec is so fast, you can even cast it while running (didn't test it to much but worked for me once).

I don't think a heal proc will give enouth healing, maybe in a perfect fight where mob never move.  But my experience in Ashengate, mob tend to move all the time, you need to replacce your pet often or it die very easy not to mendtion rage, this kind of dmg is mad.  At least PM will let you cast heal that will effect your pet fast enouth (if 10-12 sec delay).
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister