Main Menu

8/27 update

Started by Rarrum, August 27, 2004, 11:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rarrum

The aug 27 top 10 update is posted here:
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=1049

For the most part, they said they're just going to put off anything until after Omens.  On most of the issues thats not going to hurt anything, but their solution won't work for the heal progression problem, as Omens of War just further continues this problem right now.

I've already started a thread there about this issue:
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=1488

Strigori

typical. Seems they are reverting to the old tried and true dev plan, mess things up alot more and worry(maybe) about fixing things later.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Kromjr

Well increasing skill caps on weapons is cool isnt it? Too late for me since I invested most of my money into H2h weapons but for up and comming bsts more options.

As for the other issues, ya seems like its being pushed back. Not saying this is the case but I get this funny feeling "Buy omens it will be all better"
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Goretzu

How long does it take for them to make a decision on weapon skills?

Surely that's been 'evaluated' more than enough now.  :roll:

Lheo

SOE wants Bst to BUY OOW first then its easier to say NO to higher weaponskills.... :wink:  8)

shenker

They are taking far too long to raise our caps. It's common sense in terms of it needing to be done if they just bothered looking at the game they work on. It's looking like our epic 2.0 might be a 1hb if we are right about which one is ours from the pictures they have released. Don't be surprised if our beast only weapon from god is a 1hb. The people itemizing the game don't even realise we have lower 1hb/2hb/piercing skill I bet.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Yllandra

Shenker... just because it looks like a 1hb doesn't mean it *is* a 1hb. Look at the Shanai of the Ancients. It's a kendo blade. One would think upon looking at it, that it would be a 1hb, but it's h2h.

Lorathir

Discussions on hold until after the Omens of War Launch

I've been  :D  for the past two months. I think I'm gonna be  :evil: pretty soon.

Panthermask

Quote from: shenkerThey are taking far too long to raise our caps. It's common sense in terms of it needing to be done if they just bothered looking at the game they work on. It's looking like our epic 2.0 might be a 1hb if we are right about which one is ours from the pictures they have released. Don't be surprised if our beast only weapon from god is a 1hb. The people itemizing the game don't even realise we have lower 1hb/2hb/piercing skill I bet.

What pictures?  I've only seen the ones with the class names attached and would really like to see what the others look like if there are more.  May I get a link?  :)
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Bengali

Quote from: LorathirDiscussions on hold until after the Omens of War Launch

I've been  :D  for the past two months. I think I'm gonna be  :evil: pretty soon.

Keep hope alive. :)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kherash

QuoteKeep hope alive

Amen.
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Breko

My post turned into a huge rant, so i'll just cut everything but a quick question (since i'm not up-to-date on the drama and oow stuff)

Are there any plans to finish fixing the non-OoW issues, or is everything going to be packaged up as new products to buy?

Tastian

Yes there are still plans to fix certain issues and some will be looked into.  Some of the current issues simply won't be issues once omens goes live.  Also things are just really busy with the expansion so close.  Old issues won't be forgotten and any new issues will be addressed as well.