Main Menu

AC and a beastlords problem with it

Started by Dummkopf, December 29, 2005, 09:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dummkopf

As we know back when monks ac returns were nerfed beastlords got the nerf as well, since our community is a lot smaller and less vocal nobody cared about it. Nowadays it seems that fact is all but lost for most of us, nevertheless in a time where we can reach easily over 2k ac but not gain any returns from it it should be indeed a big issue for us.

At the moment we get exactly the same returns as a druid from ac which would make us a priest class, nevertheless we cannot heal comparable or even buff on even terms as druids or shamans can (clerics got a susbantial ac buff lately). SoE thinks we're a melee class but we miss one of the essential traits of one, we cannot tank better than caster classes.

Since the big monk nerf they got ac retuned for them several times resulting in a current state of things that is pretty much the same as before the nerf if not better, we havent seen anything though. In view of these recent changes, especially if you take into account the recent cleric change, it is long past the time when we should have received an ac buff.

In my opinion it is not the most important single problem we have, but it is definetaly one of the most important issues we have as a class. More importantly it is something that is related to ourselves and not to our warders whom we cant use in many circumstances anyway.

Dreead

This is a HUGELY important issue. One of our main ones in my eyes at least. I get so f'd up tanking sometimes compared to others, it's not even funny. Getting over 2k ac unbuffed isn't easy either, but in the higher game it isn't hard to get to, and it really makes no difference, at least from what i can tell. I've done no parses, or anything, so i can't say for sure.

I have improved block 3, improved dodge 3, dodge + 8%, max defensive, and over 2100ac buffed, but i can't tank any better then a caster it seems sometimes. Given i have low avoidance for what i think I should be at.

I would realy love for this to get looked at, badly.

hakaaba

I agree.  Theres no logical reason why we shouldnt tank better than a druid.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

I agree, but sadly sony doesn't atm.  Recently brought up the un-doing of the monk nerf and how we are still "nerfed" and got told beastlords where they wanted us and there were no plans to adjust our defense.  I'll try again if people want, but it couldn't have been more than a month or two ago.  8(

Dummkopf

I know you tried Tast and it's certainly not your fault.

I dont mind giving up tankability if i get something in return. At the moment we tank like priests (except clerics, theyre far ahead) and dont even come near them in terms of healing, buffs, usability. Give us druid heals, snare and nukes (not dots though, we have a pet for that) and i could accept how we tank at the moment, if that isnt wanted, well, give us a higher ac softcap and a better return beyond that softcap.

Given the complete lack of attention SoE gives to our ongoing problems i dont think anything will happen, but in my opinion its time stop being nice and quiet and turn up a racket, after all its been proven for 6 years now that the squeaky wheel (aka monks for example) gets the grease. I'm all up for backing our racket by facts though, and in this case its extremely easy since there isnt much to prove or disprove, its just a never changed thing.

Tastian

I've said for awhile people are welcome and encouraged to feedback/post/whatever they want.  Personally I try to bring as many facts as I can, but it's obvious that facts just aren't enough.  It is very frustrating to see obvious problems and issues we have go unfixed for such a long time.  The AC thing is another example I think of how we get caught up in lots of broad stroke changes, but seldom see the details of our class touched up to smooth everything out.  Like you say if other areas had improved or if there had been some sweeping changes to game content it might be more understandable.  As it stands now though we've seen relative hits in almost all areas "beastlord".  Although I admitt depths did some to help our DPS issues, I still am floored by the large number of spell/utility related issues that still remain unaddressed.

Sigh, I have to stop now or else I'll really go off on a rant.  8(     Please feel free to feedback/post/whatever you feel appropriate and neccessary.  If data I've provided or can provide will help let me know.  If there's a special thread going you want passed on, let me know.  *shrugs*

Dreead

Bengali

I agree with the idea that our AC returns could use some tweaking, but we should stop saying that we tank the same as druids.  AC is important, but it's only one element of tanking ability.  Our defense is higher, our dodge is higher, and we have two defensive skills -- block and riposte -- that druids don't have.

Again, I completely agree that our AC should be un-nerfed.  But you know me, I don't like making a case for something based on inaccurate statements.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

shenk

heck, give me the weight restriction for the AC

Pakratz

I'm ok with us not tanking well if our dps was rocking.  But it blows to have lousy tanking, lousy buffing, lousy healing and so-so dps.  Yes it is nice to have a little of everything, but I really really want to be good at SOMETHING.