Main Menu

ancient spells

Started by Buzak, January 18, 2006, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzak

we have atm the issue that all our ancient spellz are practicly useless.. a slight upgrade to one of our nukes(that we rarely are using anymore since new 68 pet is way better dps/mana) while other classes get great spells that have abilities to enhance  their play ours are at the point where i wont even bother getting it.. this point should be adressed and our ancient spell should be altered to something usefull

Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater

Dummkopf

All ancient spells are only a small upgrade, for every class so that is not a beastlord only issue. If you chose not to use your nukes that is of course your own decision, it doesnt mean however that all beastlords do the same. For example i always have our highest 2 nukes (one of this is an ancient by the way) memmed and use them quite often. On many mobs, especially trash or boss adds, it is more mana efficient to use nukes instead of BE simply because the mobs die so much faster than BE lasts. Not to mention that there are quite a few encounters (especially DP tier 2+) where you have to put out max dps and that is only possible if you use nukes.

Bestial empathy is a great spell but it is far from being our only means of doing dps.

Kanan

In clearing anguish trash, most of the time, BE pet gets to come back to stand beside me, when I cast on inc, timing it to land when mob's at the raid.

The problem that I've had with the ancient (and it may just be a perception thing, since I don't have hard figures to back me on it) is the resist rate on the 70 vs the 69 nuke.  I seem to get far more full resists on the ancient than on Glacier Spear.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Oiingo

Myself and others use BE and our nukes both right along side each other.  It's our DoT spells that stink.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Dreead

Yea i love my 2 decent damage nukes. I always am burning them, more so then BE. Ancient nuke seems to get resisted more, but I'm not sure if it's just my imagination or not. But  there isn't a problem with out nukes at this time.

tacyttik

I usually always have 2 nukes and BE up all the time. It's always been my opinion that ancient spells should land slightly easier, using a slightly better resist mod than your normal nukes.

hakaaba

Same.  2 nukes and BE...rarely a third nuke but really not since i got BE :)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Chis

I have the same problem with the Ancient seeming to resist more than our reg DD's.  I use 2 best dd's and BE, unless xp group is lacking then I might toss a 3rd dd to help out a little more.  I agree with Tacyttik on landing easier.  Even if that means change the resist check by 25...nothing huge but something none the less.

Constaq

Noticed Ancient got resisted more on Vish this week. Could of just been not debuffed... come to think of it the Full time Drood Debuffer was afk this week.. so  Ill check again next week.

Finrowl

I have been watching my resists ever since I got my ancient about 8 months ago. While using both the 70 and 69 nuke I hate to say my 70 is resisted more often then the 69 nuke by at least the 5% mentioned earlier if not more. This is thru Anguish, Tacvi, DoN,DoD and PoR.