Main Menu

Any further word from SOE as to our auras?

Started by Rhoam, April 13, 2006, 07:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhoam

Well, enough time has probably passed now that someone would have found our aura if we get one. So I guess we dont get one. Has there been any word back from SOE as to what the smarta$$ed remark :"all classes have access to auras" meant? Does it mean we have access because people in our group run them or do we get an aura? Also, are they going to do anything about the endless spam that I see telling me that my pet's aura has worn off and reminding me that my class was overlooked for an aura every 2 seconds?  Any word Tastian?

One last thing: if SOE was intentionally vague with regard to the issue of whether all classes got auras because they wanted to mislead people considering purchase of the expansion, then my playing days are numbered. I see no need for lies, misleading statements and misdirection in my gaming experience.

Sharrien

I doubt it was their intention to deceive, but that it just didn't work out for us to get an aura in the end.  That said, I still think that we SHOULD get either an aura or a trap....something so that we can also partake of the new and exciting features from PoR along with (almost) all the other classes.

What about a pet overhaste aura?
Pet run speed aura? (I know, sounds not-so-good up front, but would be a good one for kiting, chasing down runners, keeping up with owners or pet pulling)
How about a debuff trap similar to incapacitate?
PR/DR debuff trap?
Mezz animal/summoned?
A trap that declares to any warr/cleric/enc present that beastlords helped break the Holy Trinity? (this trap would have the appearance of tiger droppings)  :-P

Just throwing out some ideas in those long slow minutes as I wind down to quittin time at work.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kerena

Quote from: Sharrien on April 13, 2006, 09:12:20 PM
A trap that declares to any warr/cleric/enc present that beastlords helped break the Holy Trinity? (this trap would have the appearance of tiger droppings)  :-P

Lol we should so get that one.

bham

All the caster classes got 3 new things out of spells, auras and traps.

All hybrids got 2 new things out of spells, traps, auras and discs.

All melees got 2 new things out of traps, auras and discs.

Beastlords got a new spell (spirit of omakin, which is pretty decent in most situations) and a new disc (rake, also good, at least compared to what other classes got). SKs and rangers also missed out on auras, because they also got a spell and a disc each.

Considering that all the traps and a lot of the auras and some of the other spells and discs suck, Beastlords did very well from PoR compared to almost any other class.

Off the top of my head, the only class that did better than us was mages, who got a great new nuke, a pet proc similar to omakin, and a pet damage enhancing aura.

I dont want an aura, if it means giving up what we did get from PoR.

The only advantage to having an aura is that it gives people level 55+ something to get. Whereas our disc and spell are both level 70 I think, or close to it.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Shamno

If we get one in the future it cool. As far from getting one this expansion, I agree with bham.

The skills we got are prety good, though some twinking can be done to make them better...but to be honest they aren't so bad right now.

Rhoam

I like the idea of our new disc and the new spell, and I am sure I will like them alot more when I get them. I wont get them until I am level 80 though as I am in a small guild and we dont have the resources to go to devastation or complete level 3 of the AO spell missions, sadly----same as I have yet to get the dodh pet or improved damage disc) My concern is that SOE stated, after the expansion was released, in response to questions as to whether all classes got auras, "all classes have access to auras". This was after people did the 55 level aura quest and got nothing if they were beastlord ranger or sk. I dont see how that statement isnt deceiving if we in fact dont get an aura. I suppose that their response might have been different if the expansion were 3 months old and most potential expansion purchases were completed. I just think they were afraid to say that some classes didnt get auras so close to the release of the expansion and to make the statement they made,if we dont get an aura,  well that is misleading and deceiving in my book.

Kanan

rhoam.. doing devestation is hella easy.. go to the spawn points along the wall & pull your red cons out for your skins.

There's a simple way to do Ao#3 as well.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rhoam

I have been searching this site and Allah for any information on devastation and Ao missions and the things I read on Allah didnt make me think either were easy. I will try to take a group of friends to devastation this weekend. Can you elaborate on the strat for devastation? Can a 12k 2000 ac tank handle those mobs (assuming moderate dps and a decent cleric) ?

Kanan

Devastation is pretty simple:  along the wall are where groups of the pathers spawn up.  Find yourself a spot near one of these spawn points and then pull the red-cons out when they spawn up.  I'm 2k and other stuff bigger than that tank, but then again, it was hella easy to kill the red-cons anyways.  Rar solo'd his, so yeah, a full group could do them quite easily.  Our spot was like n-nw, sw of a large hill (yeah, i know that ain't real specific, but that's what I got)

ao #3 emote spoilers, posted on allak by Xislaben:

QuoteThis mission was not fun to figure out, due to the time it takes and the relative annoyance and dificulty of chain ae casting mobs and their warping.

Each corner of the compass has 2 clickies.
Front (close to center of room) clickies control the stuff on the ceiling.
Back (farest from center of room) clickies are their own thingy with some sort a graphic, like a distillery (eq devs are lushes, esp. Prathun!) or a table of tools.

"The Gaze-O-Rama should be used to confer the egg with greater sight."
Touch the front panal that sits below the large thingy with the small eyeball at the end.

"Switch on the Hyper-Manipulator to align the proteins into their proper sequence."
The front panel under the large thingy that looks like a big metal claw.

"Use the Trans-Injector to infuse the essence of magic into the egg."
The front panel under the giant syringe.

"A good dose of ethereal goo needs to be applied next."
Front panel with the big lava machine thingy.

"From the ether, call out to the spirits willing to aid you in this experiment."
Back panel that looks like a flat blue table with a white orb in the middle.

"Distill the magical spirits into their purest form."
Back panel that looks like two containers connected by a curly blue tube.

"Remove the necrotic portions of the tissue."
Back tray with the assorted tools.

"The Dispenser has the next critical component."
Back clay pot with brown spout, back panel.

------------------

Adds walk around the outside of the room.  Have a bard do the clicks, or an FD class that can take a few rounds from 1.5k hitters.

bham

Using eye of tallon and evac, a naked wizard with no AA can do 90% of AO 3 while the rest of the group sits outside the zone. If you dont have a wizard, then a bard / monk / necro or SK can do it with slightly more difficulty.

Right before clicking the 8th item, have the group zone in and set up at the egg. As soon as the 8th click is done, the named pops and you kill it. The named doesnt hit super hard, any tank and cleric combo with decent non-raid gear will be fine.

Devastation red-cons can be pulled by any FD or pet class without too much trouble. The puller will die a few die due to the almost unresistable snare. Only the Borvik Hersir hits hard. I got the sags skins completed, for all 4 of my guys, using only my 4 guys, in about 10 hours or so of farming devastation. The key is to train the groups of mobs into each other, after you have single pulled and killed their red-con boss. This will cause at least one of the groups to be wiped out and another group, with a new boss, to spawn. If you are after a particular type of named mob, find all the groups of that type of mob without a named and train them till they die. The reason Borvik named are so rare is because a group of Borviks is stronger than any type of mob and they take a really long time to die and re-spawn with a new hersir unless you force it.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Shamno

Again I direct you to the "Bring me the Head" series missions as well....should get you rake.

Constaq

a FD class and a Mage cand do mission 2 fyi.  Realy the hardest is 1. Now that the mini names are rooted.   On the book guy  ot Name and burn books down The spawn/activate at % of  Mini name.  Same for other guy but he calls for help i think.  Dont try to rehaste people cus the ae eats it to. You do get 2-4 mobs on first pull but I think they are mezable.

good luck

Kanan

course, bringing along a chanter will also simplify that Ao #1 as well. :)

We pulled the trash in the way all the way down to the bottom & then we just burned book boss and killed the books.  For the other one, we basically did the same thing: burn, mez, kill after.

Granted Aan's one of better chanters I've ever seen, so that was fairly easy ;)