Main Menu

Tips on powerleveling with my beastlord

Started by Cujok Sarnakbane, August 27, 2004, 11:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cujok Sarnakbane

Hi, I'm a 54 beastlord and I'm trying to lvl up a druid so I can two box it with my bst.  Any tips on how to powerlevel the druid with the beastlord?  I know previously you could let the druid hit the mob until it got to 49% then send in pet, but someone told me they nerfed that.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Cujok Sarnakbane
Level 55 Iksar Beastlord
Firiona Vie Server

JillieMT

Um, no, I don't think that is nerfed. Whoever (whomever? :p ) does the most damage, gets the xp.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Koullyn

For mine I loaded myself up with DS potions then would pull lots of mobs and let them beat on me. I would have the druid cast a lvl 1 DD on each of the mobs as this didn't draw aggro and he got all the experiences. Was much quicker than relying on his dps.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Yiktiki

I am in the process of PLing my Druid up actually.  Whoever said they nerfed that xp reward was wrong.  Currently, I use the Druid to go round up 4 cougars in IC, use his AE (ya know.. normal kiting) but when the cougars get to anything under 50%, I stop and hit attack with the Druid, then alt-tab to the Beastlord and sick the pet on one and attack the other.  I spend half the mana to do a half kite with the Druid.  I also throw a heal to keep the Druid up if needed... lastly I use PoS to get the mana boost periodically.  It isn't fast PLing, but it keeps the Druid skills up some, it lets me work on my kiting skills, and its still "twice as fast" as normal kiting.  Its working pretty well... 2 bubs from 39 when I need to find a new place to go.  Once I can get the Druid to 44 I will change my tactic, and once I get to 46 then I will spend time in PoP zones for XP.

Incidentally, get AC/HP gear on a baby druid and you can do melee PLing til around 30.  Its easy to just go to Paludal and chew through things with a Beastlord backing you up.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server