Main Menu

Time gear 'effects' question?

Started by Yiktiki, January 16, 2004, 07:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yiktiki

I'm trying to get some value for those effects on Time level equipment.  Could anyone clarify just how useful they are, or direct me to a site that might go into what they actually do?  (Don't just put a link to FoH or something like that, if you know a site with the actual informationk, link to that information.)

The effects I am referring to would be:

Strikethrough
Shielding
Spell Shield
Stun Resist
Combat Effects

I also asked in the Library area, but it was deleted for some reason.  I'm trying to get a basis for what behaviour you get from the Ritual Summoning (the Time lvl pet focus augment) so if anyone has it and can give some numbers (max hit/min hit/new hp/new regen rate) for what it does, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Sempai

Here is what I know about the effects so far:

Strikethrough - provides you with a chance to hit the mob, even though it succeeded on its roll for a defensive ability (dodge, block, riposte, etc). Multiple items with Strikethrough do stack, and I have not found a limit yet listed anywhere. I cannot say for sure how much my dps has gone up as a result of this, but the impact appears to be fairly minor.

Combat Effects - adds to your ability to proc weapons and get a critical nuke as a spell caster. This appears to be very useful, and we have equipped our tanks with multiple CE items to help them hold aggro.

Spell Shield - In theory, it reduces the amount of spell dd by the percentage you have equipped. I am not sure if it always works, or if it only gives you a chance at reducing the damage. While doing a raid last night, everyone was complaining about the AE for 2500, and I know for a fact I was only getting hit for 2400 most of the time. I am not sure if I ever took full damage. Again, at low percentages like mine, 4%, it is more of a novelty than a necessity.

Stun Resist and Shielding I do not have any direct experience with and cannot comment for sure on their usefullness.

I know I saw the stats on the LDoN Time Raid pet focus, I will look for it and post it if I find it again.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Mahes

I've never tried to determine exactly how many hitpoints the Time focused pet has.  Regen is comparable to the DPoC pet.

I've parsed those two as well as the base pet and posted the information near the bottom of the thread here:

Pet Focus Info

Keep in mind when you look at my parses that further testing showed no focus proc'd more than another, so it's best to ignore the proc dps and just look at the melee dps.  You'll notice a small jump from Sorsha to DPoC and a large jump from DPoC to SoAS.  Hope that helps.

Not sure the goal of your question about effects, but if it's for your own character, I'd recommend also looking at avoidance and accuracy.  Personally those are my two key focus effects.  I'd also like to get some strikethrough but not real interested in the shields or stun resists.

Take care.

Rhaynne

Spell shield reduces ALL spell damage by a percentage and stacks.  It's not a check... it does it all the time.

Shielding does the same... for melee damage.

Valsuvious

I would recommend Avoidance items.  They bring up your chance at avoiding getting hit, as well as increase your AC.  And, accuracy like it looks, increases your chance to hit the mob.

Yiktiki

Yah, I forgot about avoidance and accuracy.

This is for me yes, but also for how I am weighing the abilities on the spreadsheet.  ie. 2% shielding item worth as much as 10 strikethrough?  stuff like that.  (I know the answer to that hypothetical at this point.)

I just want to know if putting on Dumul's chest will be some dramatic improvement in my avoidance and thus make me that much better of a tank.  Stuff like that.

Anyone have a clue on accuracy?  Is it basically a reduction in misses?
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Laba

From what i've heard accuracy doesn't actually change how often you land your hits, it just raises your average hit damage and such. I haven't seen any data on how much certain amounts of effects help, so trying to compare if +5 combat effects is better then +5 accuracy is tough without hard data.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Choppin

Looking at the steelwarrior parses (in The Overlords Sanctuary > End Game unbuffed DPS comparisons):

Combat effects 0
Shinai MH of Monk 7h 40 min log came up with 1.92 ppm

Combat effects 10
Shinai MH of monk in 12 hour log came up with 2.21 ppm

So at first glance CE raise (for shinai) your procs per minute by 0.29 for going from 0 to 10 CE,
I'd guess every 5 CE raise your ppm by 7.5 pct.

Accuracy

warrior with 0 accuracymods parsed in 18 hours 59.98 pct accuracy

monk with 8 accuracymods parsed in 12 hours 60.84 pct

monk with 15 accuracymods parsed in 7 hours 61.2 pct

ranger with 30 accuracymods parsed (using swords) in 12 hours 61.86 pct

(all against same mob)

hmm there seems to be gains, but it surely looks like accuracy stacks and a lot of it will make ya hit a little bit more often
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Rhaynne

Leaving out WAY too many variables in those comparisons.  Are they the same person just putting on different levels of accuracy/combat effects?  Are they using the same weapons with the same +attack and stats?  And that last one lists 3 monks then a ranger... you can't compare dps there because it's totaly invalid to measure a dps increase when you suddenly switch class.

Choppin

those 4 have all max stats and atk and max weaponsskill (same number) for the weapons there, and it was about accuracy (what I filtered out) not dps, maybe check out for stats etc of the people the parses are from at http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?s=92e90caa739faf6e5f40a40f176ef2b5&threadid=3803
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Kharaf

Stun resist is ueless.  Was about a week after I got it that I saw the message and noticed it was on the bracer.

Cringer

Stun Resist: Have to agree stun resists is useless. I have yet to see the message after more then a month with the item.

Strikethrough: I think this is actually one of the top effects to have. I've got 15% strikethrough and it goes off a LOT.  I did some parses with 15% and 0% attacking from the front of the mob and with 15% the dps was very noticeable. I forget the exact figures but it was something like 5-10dps more. Also this works on enraged mobs. Several times it's saved me from taking damage on enrage before I could turn attack off plus hitting the mob at the same time.

Avoidance: Haven't seen any data on avoidance but it does seem like it helps. At +60 avoidance it sure seems like the same mobs are misisng more, and you can see slight improvements as you get more and more avoidance.
[code:1]
[img]http://www.myweb.cableone.net/sagacity/Cringer.jpg[/img]
[/code:1]
Please abide by Board Sig Rules --Management
Cringer Battlecat
Maelin Starpyre "Remedy"

Good decisions come from experience.
Experience comes from making bad decisions.
"Mark Twain"