Main Menu

BEAR GLOAL NPC MODEL, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

Started by Fremder, June 11, 2006, 07:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fremder

This is Fremder.  I'm a big fat Ogre Beastlord and I have a bear for a warder.  I have a big fat beef with SoE on this warder issue.  The reason I write this is almost blatantly clear if you have no idea what I'm talking about yet I'll go ahead and explain.  Recently from all the upgrades EQ is getting, we're seeing lots of new models like bats, spiders, drakes.. mostly everything has been getting its model upgraded and retextured.  Things just generally look BETTER than they did three years ago.  For some reason, unknown to me and all my /feedbacks about this I need to get some exposure in the community.  I want change and I will voice my opinion about it, someone has to listen to me.  I am probably not alone in feeling that my bear is a rolled up ball of brown carpeting.  let's get this out on the table, I don't hate my bear, I like having a bear for a pet, I'm crazy about bears.. I really do like the bear I have but everyone else has decent looking pets except Ogres now.  I just think it's time to give the bears a little tune up.  There's some nice looking bears in the plane of storms but that seems to be the only palce EQ installed the "Bear makeover" thus far.  This rant will probably get flamed by Ogre haters or whatever.. Just know that I don't care and don't waste your energy.  I just have this simple request that's been on my mind for well, almost since I created my character.  I just want a better looking bear.  I'm sick of the 1999 model.. I want my 2006 Bear Warder.  At least a new paint job on the bears.. Like  I said, I love the little ball of fur, but I honestly want them to be upgraded.  Is that too much to ask from a company you interact with on a daily basis? A little happiness?

PS: Any feedback would be great, I need some support from the other Ogres out there and shammies that feel the bear problem needs to be fixed.  SoE, you're not going to make anyone happy by ignoring this issue.

Wildcaller Fremder Venomous

70 Ogre Feral Lord - Draino Server (RIP Tarew)

Stumps_Bertox

i hate the lego bear, especially when a new one is summoned
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

mogtoth1

I hear they are considering having yogi bear or booboo installed just for you lol

I know what you mean though. I feel a lot fo warder/pet models are very tired. I would love to have one of the new kitty's from the ascent. As the coding and models are already there I dont understand why they cant/wont upgrade.
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Otuol

Because they don't care.  As you long as you pay money why should they?

Boolanga

been sending feedback as a ogre bst for years also. since pop pretty much. yep bearpets need a extreme makover.

Fremder

Yeah honestly I feel the same way about it, I pay them money every month, the least they could do is listen to me and other people on what we would like to see happen.  It's OUR pet, we see it every day, it's about time to update some stuff and they know it.  I just hate being ignored, It doesn't help in the fact that us ogres are some of the rarest beastlords out there.  I feel I'm being ignored because there just isn't enough ogres out there that care.. which is why I try to get the attention of the shamans because they use bear form..  Oh well, just keep feedbacking I guess..

jitathab

Shou;d be able to slecet your own warder model as you choose your warder from the wild as such. Perhaps this could come under the not allowed to ask for spell or AA changes question of the week.

Fremder

Well, I think your warder really distinguishes you as a Beastlord.  We should have certain warders but haha, I can't stand looking at the one they picked for Iksars.  They seemed to have picked the most common animal from the newbie grounds of every race that plays a Beastlord.  Besides cats, they get a tiger for some reason instead of an owlbear or something :/ lol.  Oh that's right Ogres already get a type of bear so.. I'd like to be able to choose my bears color though, a black bear would be really cool honestly, or a white one, depending on my mood hehe.
`Frem

Kanan

I just noticed yesterday when I origined.... they replace the model for the cats guarding the palace entryway in shar vahl with the new model.

If they are going that far, some other changes should be comin soon.. better be anyways.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hakaaba

I noticed that too awhile ago.  They look really cool hehe.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Skanda

Quote from: Kanan on June 23, 2006, 06:08:08 PM
I just noticed yesterday when I origined.... they replace the model for the cats guarding the palace entryway in shar vahl with the new model.

If they are going that far, some other changes should be comin soon.. better be anyways.

Every time I run by they look like giant humans. It was the same when I recently went through the end epic 2.0 event. The kitty looked like a big human. Several other people saw it as a human too so someone somewhere screwed up something in the global file so that only half the people are seeing the tigers, the other half see humans.

tunr

Quote from: Skanda on June 23, 2006, 11:12:38 PM
Every time I run by they look like giant humans. It was the same when I recently went through the end epic 2.0 event. The kitty looked like a big human. Several other people saw it as a human too so someone somewhere screwed up something in the global file so that only half the people are seeing the tigers, the other half see humans.

Normally when I see humans instead of the mob model its because of a video driver issue or a setup issue with the how you have EQ configured video wise.
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Skanda

Quote from: tunr on June 24, 2006, 12:53:29 AM

Normally when I see humans instead of the mob model its because of a video driver issue or a setup issue with the how you have EQ configured video wise.

/shrug. I can see the tiger models in Elddar Forest just fine. I only seem to be having problems with the old world model changes.

Polanski

I'm pretty much convinced that they are redoing all the pet models, but they are just slow at it like most things they do.

First we have this: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=50067

there you can see concept art for wolves, bears, spectres, alligators, and skeletons. Tigers everyone should of seen by now since they've been replaced everywhere but the global file.

Rashere also mentioned in beta they were: a) working on replacing the spectre model (PoR beta) and b) they were working on replacing the tiger model in the global file (progression beta). Since both of those betas have ended I hope I'm allowed to say that :P

Vahlar says that the pyrilen, gelidran, and feran models used in arctstone are just "temporary" so whatever the intended models are can replace fire/water elementals and wolf (or possible scaled wolf). You can read that here: http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Lore&message.id=9648

You can see the new bear model here on the PoR website: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/expansions/prophecyofro/media_screenshots.vm

So I'm sure new pet models are coming, its just taking a long time.
Polanski the Butterscotch Golem
Elephi the Plaid Elephant
Felde the Purple Gorilla
Vivie the Yummy Gummy Gnome
Taie the Gingerbread General
Khallus the Cookie Commissioner

Royal Order of Candy
Fennin Ro