Main Menu

Merloc the new Item dev is asking for input in Developer's corner

Started by Gaeastar, July 08, 2006, 07:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaeastar

Hello Everyone,

Before I get too far along, I thought I'd ask for some feedback from players on how they view different stats with respect to the class(es) they play.  Obviously, I have my own view on things, but I'd like to know how any why people have their own views.

What I'd like, is for you to take a look at this list of the basic item stats (feel free to include any others that I left out), and let me know how and why they think they are, or aren't, important to your class.  All comments are useful, and feel free to use current items as examples to illustrate your points if you feel the need.  Be sure to INCLUDE THE CLASS name, so I can put your feedback in context.

Hopefully, I'll gain some new insights that will help me do my job better.

Thanks.

-------
CLASS:

HP:
Mana:
Endurance:
AC:

HP Regen:
Mana Regen:
Endurance Regen:

Strength:
Stamina:
Agility:
Dexterity:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:

Cold Resist:
Disease Resist:
Poison Resist:
Magic Resist:
Fire Resist:

Attack:
Delay:
Damage:
Range:
Haste:

Combat Effects:
Shielding:
Stun Resist:
Strikethrough:
Spell Shield:
Avoidance:
Accuracy:
DOT Shielding:

Skill Mods:
Click Effects:
Proc Effects:
Worn Effects:
Focus Effects:
-------

Quick Tastian get your list =)
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.

Ikkorus

Heres what I posted for mine.

QuoteCLASS: BEASTLORD

HP:  High - Beastlords dont have a reliable way to reduce their agro and build it fairly quickly (especially those with Rake) since our pets add to our agro (stun DD).  I usually sit 3rd or 4th on the agro list which means if things go down hill im going to be getting agro quicker.
Mana:  High - Alot of our DPS relies on us being able to summon our DoDh 68 swarm pet and use our ice DD's.  The DoDh pet is expensive to keep up and running and we lose a decent amount of DPS when we cant use it.
Endurance: Becoming alot more important with the recent additions of the Empathic disc (3000 end to activate) and Rake
AC: Medium - Were leather...naturally we wont be getting much in the way of AC.  I find it fairly important since I find myself tanking for groups alot and since we mitigate for crap (even with defensive AA's)

HP Regen: Medium - Not all too concerned about HP regen being Iksar and having about 10 hp regen.  I dont have much downtime when soloing.
Mana Regen: High - Again a good majority of our DPS relies on us being able to summon the DoDh pet and nuke.  Cant do that without mana.
Endurance Regen: DESPERATLY NEEDED VERY HIGH - Endurance Regen has become alot more important for us in the past two expansions.  DoDh added the Empathic Fury disc which takes a whopping 3k endurance just to use.  PoR added the Rake ability which uses 180 endurance at a refresh rate of 30 secs.  This isnt too bad but if you've been rezzed recently and havent had time to sit down for a good 10 mins to regen your endurance then you're screwed.

Strength: Low - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Stamina: Med - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Agility: High - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Dexterity: High - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Charisma: Low - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Intelligence: Low - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Wisdom: High - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed

Cold Resist: Med - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Disease Resist: Med - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Poison Resist: Med - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Magic Resist: Med - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
Fire Resist: Med - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed

Attack: Very Important - We dont get double attack via a normal skill like other melee do.  Our DPS relies heavily on us being able to hit as often as we can for as much as we can.
Delay: Depends - Depends very much on the weapon.
Damage: Depends - Depends very much on the weapon.
Range: Depends - Depends very much on the weapon.
Haste: Important - Every melee needs a haste item to be more efficient.  There isnt really a shortage of them out there.

Combat Effects: Important - DD's are nice so are lifetaps.  I would kill for a combat effect that restores some of your mana (beastlord).
Shielding: Important - Since I spend alot of time tanking and eatting rage shielding is very important.
Stun Resist: Medium - Not as much important...I dont get stunned too much.
Strikethrough: Very Important - We dont get double attack via a normal skill like other melee do.  Our DPS relies heavily on us being able to hit as often as we can for as much as we can.
Spell Shield: Important - We're melee...we spend most our time near the mob doing DPS and as such were not really able to pull out of range of the AE's and still be an effective DPSer
Avoidance: Important - Who wants to get hit on?
Accuracy: VERY IMPORTANT - for the same reason as Strikethrough and Attack.  Beastlords dont get to hit as often as other melee so we need to make each hit count
DOT Shielding: Important - Same reason as Spell Shielding.  We cant really avoid most AE's so we need to be able to shave damage off of them.

Skill Mods: BEGGING - Please for the love of God give us a Rake skill mod.
Click Effects: Important - AE Debuffers suck...clickies for the win.
Proc Effects: Important - Procs rock...selling my body for a mana steal proc
Worn Effects: Important - Mana pres, regens, pretty much anything that helps our DD's or improves our Pets.
Focus Effects: Same as worn.

Kanan

I'm a little surprised abt your stun resist comment.  Honestly, I find the major hit I took not long ago quite painful, espec when tanking.

I still get stunned an annoying % when at my 10%.  I really want to try to get this higher, myself.  I know druids are going to continue wanting it so they can not get stunned by that mob agroing offa the fast heal they just cast.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tiroon

Quote from: Ikkorus on July 09, 2006, 09:38:04 PM
¦
Strength: Low - Negated at higher leves where stats are maxxed
¦
Attack: Very Important - We dont get double attack via a normal skill like other melee do.  Our DPS relies heavily on us being able to hit as often as we can for as much as we can.

Just one remark: Every point in STR raises ATK by 0.8 points. It does not make much sense to declare one as low in importance (until maxxed) and the other as very important on the surface.

I realize that your post is valid in so far that when talking about STR you refer to one part of the ATK composite number and when talking about Attack you refer to the other part. Still I would argue that when I hit I want to hit as hard as possible. :-D

Sorry for picking nits but I thought I'd point this out in case others are using it in their post. 8-)
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Taiglin

So you two not only critiqued his input but also posted on Merloc's thread yourselves yes?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Ikkorus

Quote from: Kanan on July 10, 2006, 01:30:24 PM
I'm a little surprised abt your stun resist comment.  Honestly, I find the major hit I took not long ago quite painful, espec when tanking.

I still get stunned an annoying % when at my 10%.  I really want to try to get this higher, myself.  I know druids are going to continue wanting it so they can not get stunned by that mob agroing offa the fast heal they just cast.

I set it at medium because I consider there to be a couple things alot more important than stun resist is for our raid and group utility.  Like I said I dont find myself getting stunned too often so its not that high of a concern for me as much as say more Mana / End regen or attack.

Tiroon

Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Pakratz

My post:

Class: Beastlord, anguish geared, mostly a raider now, never a tank.

General: When I look at an item, I look at 1)Focus effects, 2)Worn effects, then 3)HP.

HP:  Medium-High  (HP are overrated, but its the universal measuring stick, so people love to have more.  IMO, BL currently have an appropriate amount of HP in relation to other classes.)
Mana: Medium  (BL have enough mana as it is)
Endurance: Low  (endurance is not an issue except when soloing)
AC: Low  (I wish this was more important, but AC just doesn't do much for BL sadly.  Would love to be closer to Monks than Druids tank-wise)

HP Regen: Low (just not important in raid setting, moderate importance when soloing)
Mana Regen: High (much more important in group/solo setting)
Endurance Regen: Low (not an issue except when soloing)

Strength: Maxed  (High at lower levels)
Stamina: Maxed  (High at lower levels)
Agility: Maxed  (Low at lower levels)
Dexterity: Maxed  (High at lower levels)
Charisma: Maxed  (Low at lower levels)
Intelligence: Maxed  (Low at lower levels)
Wisdom: Maxed  (High at lower levels)

Cold Resist: Low
Disease Resist: Low (easiest resist for BL to get)
Poison Resist: Low
Magic Resist: Medium-High (hardest resist for BL to get)
Fire Resist: Low-Medium

Attack: Medium (not a great impact on DPS, but some)
Delay: High
Damage: High
Range: Low
Haste: High

Combat Effects: High (this is impossible to max for BL, rarely appears on items)
Shielding: Medium (rarely tank, not real effective for leather classes)
Stun Resist: Medium (would be more important if I tanked more)
Strikethrough: Low (again would be more important if I tanked more)
Spell Shield: Medium  (raid utility only)
Avoidance: Medium-High  (would be more if i tanked)
Accuracy: High  (good source of dps)
DOT Shielding:  Medium   (raid utility only)

Skill Mods: High  (this is a guess, I don't actually have any and don't understand their true impact well)
Click Effects: Very High  (the gift that keeps on giving even when the item has been upgraded)
Proc Effects: Medium  (be cool to have a mana tap proc)
Worn Effects: Very High  (cleave 5 only appears on 1 item for BLs not in Demiplanes, Combat Effects is sorely lacking)
Focus Effects: Very High (theres a few effects such as spell haste and detrimental mana pres that are rare, also pet focuses are rare.  BL have ALOT of focuses to juggle(all mellee & caster focuses + pet focus), it'd be nice to have a few more options)

A bit different from Ikkorus, but I'm sure the play style is different (ie I rarely if ever tank).  The only thing I'd really argue with is his view on Agility.  I found a formula posted somewhere that shows how Agility affects AC and its really so small, its practically negligible.  P.S. I stole the "mana tap" proc idea from him btw, its a cool idea. 

Shamno

CLASS: Beastlord

Rated in starts 5 max possible

HP: Very important because the high devalue of AC after a bit, 5 stars
Mana: Also important because alot of our DPS comes from spells but not so important as hp, 4 stars
Endurance: With introduction of rake and in conjucture of our 3k endurance cost on Empathic Fury disc plus protective cycle time endurance is getting strange with us. They are maintainable but always good to have some itesm on it. 3 stars
AC: See HP comment. It is nice ot keep getting the boost but the drop off hurts to much after a bit, 3 stars

HP Regen: Not really important but not bad to have 2 stars
Mana Regen: Like mana, mana regen is a godhood to have with how DPS for us is set up. 5 stars
Endurance Regen: Again like Endurance and how beastlord DPS is set up it is looking to be something that might help in the future if things like rake are some of the future abillities types hitting the class. Yet that is forsight so I say 2 stars.

Strength: 5 stars
Stamina: 5 stars
Agility: 5 stars
Dexterity: 5 stars
Charisma: 3tars
Intelligence: 0 stars
Wisdom: 5 stars

*All basica stats that effect the class are useful and we try to max them all out. Cha is just somethign decent to have for selling*

Cold Resist: 5 stars
Disease Resist: 5 stars
Poison Resist: 5 stars
Magic Resist: 5 stars
Fire Resist: 5 stars

*Same as stats above for resists, important to get as high as possible*

Attack: Even though with decrease in return on attack, it is an important thing to get on gear and try to keep maxed. 5 stars
Delay:
Damage:
*a good balanced between the 2 make good weapons but that is personal preferrence to most rather then class thing, but always remember the division of power that hits the beastlord class so hard. The best answer to this we ever had weaponry wise was comparing 1.5 and 2.0s to other classes because of the pet proc*
Range: Not important really, we don't really throw that much so yeah. 1 star
Haste: Godly need. 5 stars

Combat Effects:Increase proc rate is a great thing for the class in all shapes and sizes, 5 stars.
Shielding: Not really a tank but still want to take a good hit somewhat so defensive mods are good, 2 stars
Stun Resist: Great in the stun AoE's and etc but not real super, 3 stars
Strikethrough: Great when we solo and gimp tank but think to heavy right now 2stars
Spell Shield: Godly in current raid content, 5 stars
Avoidance: We get a lot of it and it is usually capped. This isn't a bad thing mind you but I think we can sacrafice some avoidance pieces for other effects. 3 stars
Accuracy: Very important as well and up there with combat effects. Seems a little lacking compared though, 5 stars
DOT Shielding: Like spell shielding, Godly. 5 stars

Skill Mods: Defensive mods are nice in this aspect because again of the devalue of AC to the class. But with combo of any offensive mods can not be over looked.
Click Effects: Over haste, mana regen, damage shields, imbue procs, and tedious type utility spells such as haste, IoS, etc
Proc Effects: Cold and lifetaps are my favorite
Worn Effects:  Same as skill mods.
Focus Effects: Cold focus, pet focus effects (on armor we want to stay equiped), mana press (godly important either it be general or for out more specific spells that are mana intensive, the ranged slot in DoDH is a good example), buff duration increasers, debuff duration increases, cast time reducers, heal focuses. Basically consider anything but DoT focus to be a godsend to the class. Only reason DoT focus is very low is because of DoTs just not being worth it.....if those change just gather all as important that has relavance to the class.
-------

Keep in mind that when a beastlord get a weapon he isn't really getting a full upgrade like a pure melees or rangers. Part of our damage is somewhat stagnate. This is why the 1.5 and 2.0 were great, the click and focus effect increased all aspects of the classes DPS to prove to be an excellent answer and a fair balanced item to the other classes 1.5 and 2.0. Yet this alone didn't answer the offhand division or when you upgraded away from these weapons.....but simgle item to single item it was a true insight to how things can be addressed for the class.

keep in mind that many divisions but very hard hitting aspects of the class. Tricky I know but do your best.

Taiglin

Not that I really care but my Karma rating has taken on three hits since this post lol. I guess I should have said I posted at the bottom of page 4 as Yubb on the thread /shrug.

Will be interesting to see how the guy turns out as the itemization person.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]