Main Menu

Empathetic Fury

Started by Killian22, August 29, 2006, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killian22

Ok I just got this today and I must say I am a bit pissed at the results, while it does increase DPS a good bit it only does so for like what 30 secs and yes I know bestial fury is same time but come on throw us a bone here SoE. Now I haven't had my pet die while its burnin so not sure if he dies it goes down (will suck if it does). Wonderin if its been brought up to the Devs to maybe make Empathetic Fury and Bestial fury be on seperate timers and not linked together to better help our burst dps by being able to sustain it a bit longer. And if it does indeed go down if your pet goes down its gonna kinda suck cause it makes it pretty much useless on raids where your pet is gonna get hit with AEs regardless whether hes attackin or not, cause if he goes down you lose it, and if you gotta waste time healin em to keep it up then the disc is wasted. Anyone else have a problem with this one as much as I do atm?  :x
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=933246 Makaril Itzafish - 63 - Beastlord - Maelin

sunkash

This is another of those target pet and recourse to you. I don't have it as of yet, but from allah that's what it looks like.

somewhat suprised that is costs 3000 endurance? for 30 secs, is that accurate? ( Initial Endurance Cost: 3000 Endurance Cost: 0/second  Recast Time: 1530; Duration: 5 ticks  ). that's one hefty endurance price for sure. doesn't sound like what I recall reading about this, thought I'd read  people saying they could have this up for hrs at a time. ?

Inphared

Quote from: Killian22 on August 29, 2006, 01:45:52 AM
Now I haven't had my pet die while its burnin so not sure if he dies it goes down (will suck if it does).

No, if your pet dies, it does not wear off on you -- they are separate "buffs", one for your pet, and one for you. Killing off one does not kill the other.

Quote from: sunkash on August 29, 2006, 04:19:32 AM
This is another of those target pet and recourse to you. I don't have it as of yet, but from allah that's what it looks like.

This is accurate. Just like the Growl line.

somewhat suprised that is costs 3000 endurance? for 30 secs, is that accurate?

Yes, straight 3k endurance burn, and lasts just as long as Bestial Fury.

thought I'd read  people saying they could have this up for hrs at a time. ?

I wish.

Tastian

The disc is basically an upgrade to our BF disc.  It increases damage the same, adds crit rate, and gives the same benefits to our warder.  The initital cost is kinda high, but there is no upkeep on it. 

Denti

People that have it on for hours to do parses were using this on beta (last one of course O.o), since beta testing itself is still subject to NDA (they allways only lift the NDA in regard to content, not the testing itself) i cant say much more really, those who did (and do) participate do know of course why.

Fightclubx

I like it the way it is, but I really wish it was on seperate timer from BF =(

and I wish it was a buff on us and recourse on the pet, so we didnt have to retarget =P

its a real pain in the but retargeting named on raids when there's adds around,

if the mob is alone I can easily hit my "cycle nearest NPC" key and be able to smack Rake down twice before disc wears off.

if there's adds though if I try and do it to fast I allways end up smackin the adds and if there mezed raid leader/ench's get pissed ><

Skanda

Quote from: Fightclubx on August 30, 2006, 03:06:35 PM

its a real pain in the but retargeting named on raids when there's adds around,

if the mob is alone I can easily hit my "cycle nearest NPC" key and be able to smack Rake down twice before disc wears off.

if there's adds though if I try and do it to fast I allways end up smackin the adds and if there mezed raid leader/ench's get pissed ><

Easy way around that is just to use /assist right after you pop the disc (or after you targeted your pet click on the HoTT window to target his target again). That'll put you right back on whatever target your pet is attacking without having to worry about attacking nearby adds.

Fightclubx

true but there are still some bad encounters with really fast AE rampage where pet bites the dust really fast, and so got him parked somewhere behind you and he's not targeting anything.

mogtoth1

Really annoying thing about this is that you have to have a pet active to use it.
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Tastian

"Really annoying thing about this is that you have to have a pet active to use it."

The best/worst part about this statement is that you are(and rightly so) upset that sometimes you don't have a pet up to use this on.  Wouldn't you think not having a pet up would be the problem?  lol   I mean a beastlord without his beast should be a huge problem on its own, but oh no I don't mind that fluffy is gone, just that I can't use them for a growl battery anymore, now it's an issue.  lol

hakaaba

yes, but you of all people know this is exactly the situation  :roll:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

I know, but it's comments like that which just make things soooo painful lol.  It's amazing how obvious and clear somethings seem to be and yet seem to be totally ungraspable by others sometimes.  8(

maxawesome

Quote from: Tastian on August 31, 2006, 09:20:37 PM
I know, but it's comments like that which just make things soooo painful lol.  It's amazing how obvious and clear somethings seem to be and yet seem to be totally ungraspable by others sometimes.  8(

That's a bit harsh, eh? It's two sides of the coin really. Chicken and the egg. Should the spell be more viable and target self with recourse on pet? Or should pets just be made to survive longer in raid situations where the spell proves most useful?

He's saying the first, you're saying the second.

I think, why not both? SoE has acknowledged pet survivability, and are going to address it (hopefully in a significant manner) in the upcoming patch/exp release. Maybe that will address the need for this being PC target with pet recourse by simply making pets last longer, thereby reducing the need for such a spell change.

Tastian, you are a good guy, and have dedicated a lot of time to aiding our cause with SoE. There's no need to be snitty and insinuate that people just don't "grasp" these lofty topics simply because they see it differently. That type of thing is beneath you.

-Iidun

Tastian

No offense max, but I think you totally missed what I was saying. 

I'm not disagreeing with him, I'm not being snitty, or talking about anything lofty.  I'm saying the situation is bad and just by what people you say you can tell something is off.

It'd be like a wizard saying, "boy I wish this buff were castable because it only triggers when my spell lands, but they get resisted so much I can't always use it"  or...something like that.  8P   Fact that people complain about an effect that doesn't work in some situations because some major part of their class is that out of wack.  *shrugs*

hakaaba

A better way to put it would be if all tradeskills suddenly became bugged and stopped giving you the result of the combine, and people ignored the lack of items completely to complain that they couldn't skill up anymore.

He's just saying its kind of funny/kind of sad that we totally accept the fact that our pets have no survivability as a given, and instead make statements like "gee, i wish this didnt have to target my pet, because of course it's going to be dead"

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))