Main Menu

2 boxing where??

Started by canadian_mofo, June 06, 2004, 05:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_mofo

Ok my beast is now 45 and just about 46.  Im two boxing him with a 65 necro.  Just grouping the two up and letting my best follow my necro around while he wipes out mobs.  Been doing this in dulak and its not to bad.  Anyways wanna know what your guys recomendation on places to level the beast are from this level up to about 55.  Thanks.

Keelo Graeham

If yer necro has good AAs and gear, you can just park your Beastie high on the wall in Plane of Valor and let the necro kite the golems there.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

Oneiromancer

Er, except without the Trials flag the beastlord won't be able to zone into PoV until 55.  PoN would be a much better choice in that respect.

In the center of Torgiran Mines there is a wide open area (with the bridge) that could be good for kiting with your necro...the mobs from that area onwards are all dark blue to a 65; I think the bloodguards are all level 52 or 53 or so.  Nothing sees invis, but fighting to there should also be trivial for your necro anyway.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

MajinFro

at 50 i would move to nadox and go to the tunnel directly to the left after leaving the lava at zone in from gunthak. This is an undead tunnel that leads into a room full of undead.  Pull up into the tunnel and fear kite. Super Easy stuff.

Dakat

Find a mob that is red to the beast, LB to necro if not green.  

Level 45 mobs would be ideal for the beast.  Even with a necro, if the pet is doing all the killing along side your pet, and you or the necro are not doing some sort of damage, your losing 75% of the exp from that mob. Toss a nuke or melee the mob for a few seconds.

I learned this, I was PLing my cleric who was 45 and my beast was 65. I was killing over in Karnor's Castle.  I would just send pet to a mob, pet hold, mob comes back with pet then pet kill it. Let the cleric heal the pet, just to keep up on her casting skill.  Without doing any damage to a mob, the cleric didn't get any exp. After the cleric threw out a single 200 dmg nuke, her exp soared.

canadian_mofo

ok so say im 2boxing can my necro just throw in damage and beast will get full or do i have to have my beast throw out some damage that isnt from his pet to get full xp?

Oneiromancer

When grouped, it's only if a necro or mage pet does all the damage that the group gets lots less xp.  I think as long as anyone in the group does damage to the mob, the entire party gets the normal experience.  Beastlord pets are different, we can let the pet kill the mob in its entirety and I believe we still get full experience.  Or maybe they changed this for all classes when they made pets non-aggro, my memory is foggy (and it's all hearsay anyway).

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Mindlet

Any pet Oneiromancer. I tested this way back at 30 in OT. Had my pet solo a DB got hardly any xp off it. However the necro can just use the level 1 lifetap on the mob if mana is an issue not that it should be for a necro.

Taiglin

If you are soloing you have to do at least 1 point of damage otherwise the pet gets the vast majority of the xp. In a group anyone has to do at least 1 point of damage or the same thing happens.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]