Main Menu

What level for Maiden's Eye

Started by Dasquid, June 07, 2004, 10:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

What level can a BL solo Goranga's in Maidens? I have heard they arent that hard, but can anyone give me an estimate? (halfway to 55 at the moment)

Gnarloth

I popped into ME to check this out myself. At 56 I could solo them single, but they hit hard so I was having to med after each pull. For the XP, the downtime didn't seam worth it to me. I'll probably go back after another couple of levels or with a few aa's under my belt and see how I go again.

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

Dakat

I was hunting here for a little bit when I was 54.

I didn't stay long. Mobs took way to long to kill and offered meager exp for the amount of time/mana it took to kill one and go get another.

They have way to much hp, hit hard and quick even with the slow I had at the time.

Your best bet is to find another zone to kill in until you get higher.  

As most people will tell you, its faster to kill 3 blue mobs in 3 minutes that killing a yellow mob in 10 minutes for the same amount of exp.  Using the prior, you can kill 9 mobs in the time it took you to kill the 1 yellow and now you have gotten 3 times the exp in that duration.

Birdienumnum

I have tried this zone a few times.
At 55, I did not have a chance.
At 56, I could solo 1 at a time, barely, with a lot of downtime. The exp is not good at all.
This weekend, we did the zone with a full guild group. People from the group changed now and then. The highest level was 62, lowest was upper 40's. The group did not like the exp in this zone at all.
Birdienumnum

Hereki

I tried ME a few times through my 50s, obviously hoping to go for the epic drops.  At 58 I could kill things relatively safely.  But I couldn't kill efficiently until 62 without a healer; I got my epic drops at 58 with another 62 beastlord and his 58 druid.

I got my VT key shard at 65, mostly solo or with a druid.  Gorangas were killable in ones and twos.  No way would I go near this zone for exp.

Mindlet

ME xp is horrible. Only times its worth fighting in is to get quest bits.

Aneya

Trouble with ME is that mobs have high ac and tons of hp. Not to mention all the casters and vampyres. However, there are some nice drops in ME too.

One other note, be sure to have an AC over 900. Below 900 they will hit you for max damage almost every time.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore