Main Menu

Solo at 52...opinion on 2 place

Started by bellzebut, September 17, 2004, 05:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellzebut

ive tried nurga, first tier pretty much all LB and 2tier a bit hard.

Was thinking about Veksar. The goblin at entrance and maybe a bit furthe rin. anyone tried that place before at my lvl?
Second one as mention in another post Dulak.

anyone ever compare Dulak and Veksar for xp at my lvl 52?
looking for steady xp not AWSOME xp but sometihing simmilar to CoM as it was for me from 48-52. ( however, CoM did have that bonus since hot spot change so...)
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Zeezrum

You and I are in the same boat here, have you tired grimling forest zone to AC?
im going to go there in about an hour and check it out.

Im also going to go try some clopses in OOT. I got my mage his first 5 AAs there =)

also going to try scarlet desert, buts way out there.  If i did it i would want a gate item....which I cant get =(

ah well such is life sometimes.
_________
that'll do donkey, that'll do.

Hereki

Let's see:

Nurga tier 2 should be good for you; you want a spot where you can safely pull to, and preferably pull singles.  The large room where the slaves spawn, with a drop off past the Life Drinker Krador PH should work.

City of Mist should still be good, just move deeper in than the stables.  The temple, opposite the stables on the north wall is a possibility, or the open area around the goo house deeper in.

Veksar mobs are much harder than Nurga.  Try it if you like, at least they don't run.

Dryads in Jaggedpine were very good for me at that level, up to 55/56.

One of the easier boats in Dulak, or if you find that too much, one of the buildings that you can pull to an open area.

I found seafuries a little slow; I never tried sun revs on the plateau in Scarlet Desert, but that is a good camp and reasonably safe.

About exp: it sounds as if you are looking for good exp per kill on easy dark blue mobs; as you go through your 50s, you will discover that good exp really means exp per hour, not per kill.  You are starting to get to the point where a camp with a few light blues in it means a better exp camp than one with all high dark blues.

bellzebut

yeah your right, i should really look at xp per hour. Will give CoM another chance adn try those dryad.
Thank for the hint
Turn down the Suck!!
Duracuire, 56 beastlord

Zeezrum

wow, XP on LDoNs has really gone down.  Just did a BB one, came out with 9% xp, was a slaughter, and we killed almost everything.

two blues in an hour.

also just a side not PLEASE For the love of fat chicks!! when a mob enrages STOP ATTACKING if you are in front!!

my whole group died. but two people. and one of them was my pet.
_________

JillieMT

Jaggedpine dryads were the best for me. Aye, they get extremely boring after awhile, but they seemed to go down fast, were always available, and had almost nil downtime.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Zeezrum

_________

Hereki

A developer said a while ago that they really hadn't reduced exp in LDoNs, just that people were killing fewer mobs as they learned how to handle them.  I am not entirely convinced, but never mind.

Dryads... there are lots.  About a dozen spawn just outside the exit from the Brell gnoll caves, which you can also easily reach from the vilage.  There is also a smaller group due SSE from there, and another group S of the poachers.

You recognise them by a flickering light at the foot of trees, if your settings and your graphics card permit.  Run over the flame, and a dryad will spawn.

Zeezrum

how often do they spawn?

I doubt you can just run over the light and have them pop up whenever you want...that would be cool though =)
_________

JillieMT

Zeezrum, I am sorry, I missed what race you are? If you are good, you can get there through Surefall Glade, and you will appear in the village in Jaggedpine. Follow the west wall south and you will see the dryad flames under the trees.

If you are evil, you can enter jaggedpine by using the blackburrow entrance, which will drop you into the basilisk caves in jaggedpine. As you exit these caves, immediately head north along the west wall. As long as you have your particle effects on, you will see the flickering flames under trees. They are all over this area. When you approach the flames, they will pop.

I used to go around and kill 6 or 7 or so and then head back to start the circle again.

Blue flames are ranger dryads, which will mainly try to melee you. Red flames are druid dryads, which will try to cast mostly. I love the red ones... sometimes you can completely beat them down and not take a single hp damage... I could bash, and pet could proc interrupt, and I would resist the rest and nothing would land, but they would still just try to cast the whole time.

Hereki

There is a respawn time - but if you can see the flame, the dryad can be triggered.

JillieMT

Hehe, yep, I just don't remember what the spawn time is. Of course, that is easy for one to figure out on one's own... :)

Et^Cetera

Quote from: HerekiAbout exp: it sounds as if you are looking for good exp per kill on easy dark blue mobs; as you go through your 50s, you will discover that good exp really means exp per hour, not per kill.  You are starting to get to the point where a camp with a few light blues in it means a better exp camp than one with all high dark blues.

Couldnt agree more on this point.

At 55 I was down at the grimling tunnel to AC. 75% of the mobs were Light blue.

Yet over the course of a 2 hour exp session. I found the exp was actually MORE than when the mobs were all DB due to rate of kill.

Exp per hour > exp per kill.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Nekokirei

Quote from: Hereki
Dryads in Jaggedpine were very good for me at that level, up to 55/56.

One of the easier boats in Dulak, or if you find that too much, one of the buildings that you can pull to an open area.

I found seafuries a little slow; I never tried sun revs on the plateau in Scarlet Desert, but that is a good camp and reasonably safe.

I hit 50 in Dulak and I'm getting weary of the competition for mobs in solo spots--though, the nifty tunnel with the Initiates by the mines is good hunting and rarely occupied, pathing is obnoxious.  Would it be worth trying Dryads at my level or is really better to wait until level 51 when I get Spirit of Wind for warder?

Also, was thinking of trying the Sea Furies--is there any kind of decent write up for hunting the Furies ie  Pull and melee strategies, any named to watch out for, etc?

Quote from: HerekiAbout exp: it sounds as if you are looking for good exp per kill on easy dark blue mobs; as you go through your 50s, you will discover that good exp really means exp per hour, not per kill.  You are starting to get to the point where a camp with a few light blues in it means a better exp camp than one with all high dark blues.

Have found this to be very true even at 50.  49 warder in combo with Sha's, a dose of Malaria, and procs on my weaps and I found myself a full orange into 50 in a bit over 2 hours (I think about 2:30, maybe more, maybe less wasn't watching time closely) on good mix of LBs and DBs.

Thanks!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

bellzebut

i did City of mist till 52. 52 was slow but still doable. Now stuck at 53 for a pleasant solo spot i did the Dryad to grind to 53. Was pretty easy and constant pulling. All DB with Kei and Pot9 it was rather easy just need to back up when needed. Carefull for the grifan. I would normaly be on the scout for any of them and just back out of their range if coming toward me. They never attack my warder if i was out of range for them so that telling me they arent social with Dryad. Im an ogre and everything else was indif or amiable (bear :) )
Ill probably stay there since it easy calm xp. But TURN ON dynamic lighting or else it will take you a lot of time to find their spawn point ehhe ( walk close to a tree that is flashing turn aroudn and it will spawn, immediately attack them or else hlle buff himself with DS and thing like that.
Turn down the Suck!!
Duracuire, 56 beastlord