Main Menu

Solo at 52...opinion on 2 place

Started by bellzebut, September 17, 2004, 05:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekokirei

Quote from: bellzebutNow stuck at 53 for a pleasant solo spot i did the Dryad to grind to 53. Was pretty easy and constant pulling. All DB with Kei and Pot9 it was rather easy just need to back up when needed. Carefull for the grifan. I would normaly be on the scout for any of them and just back out of their range if coming toward me. They never attack my warder if i was out of range for them so that telling me they arent social with Dryad. Im an ogre and everything else was indif or amiable (bear :) )
Ill probably stay there since it easy calm xp. But TURN ON dynamic lighting or else it will take you a lot of time to find their spawn point ehhe ( walk close to a tree that is flashing turn aroudn and it will spawn, immediately attack them or else hlle buff himself with DS and thing like that.

Bellzebut,

Thanks much for the info!  Dinged the big 51 last night and looking forward to some calm, quiet, mindless grinding without lots of /ooc chat and trains. (JF is pretty quiet on my server as I learned while working the Basilisks.)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Nanndas

I went to JP last night for the first time. I had a hard time finding them at first. I lowered my Gamma down and I finally located them. If you bring up the map, they are in the triangle formed by the wall and the split in the path looking out from the entrance to the cave to the Brell gnolls. The underside of the trees light up. I ran around the tree and I saw a statement about the wind turning them into a being.

First was a Druid type which nukes you with stinging swarm and root. After that I buffed with disease, magic and poison resists which help a lot. If you get a ranger they run right up to you to melee. I got about a blue an hour.

Watch out for the ones near the path junction. They are closer together. I had one down to 25% and with the push I walked right over another which agroed right away. And guess what happened a few seconds later, I triggered a third one. So I zoned out.

All in all a nice quiet zone and fight at your own pace..

Nan

** edit** LAst night I was fully buffed and had KEI/Virtue. Buffed pet on zone in and went to work. I got 6 blues in 3 hours just doing the 4 pops around the cave entrance. Another 52 BL was working the other pops at the junction of the path.

Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Nekokirei

Nan,

Thanks so much for the adivce--yours and Belz helped quite a lot.  However, the lag was so intense, I had to give up after 3 pulls even with my settings adjusted low.  I was pretty surprised b/c the caves are relatively lag free, but the forest itself is awful on my system. <sigh>

Guess it's back to doing time in Dulak and Nurga.

Thanks again to you both!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

bellzebut

have you tried lowering environemental graphic at low or thing like that. It was lgy for me at the first then went in the option turning environementale off and it was pretty ok.
Running a 1ghz amd, 768pc133, ati 9800pro
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Jolrash

Has anyone else noticed the exp seems to be alot less in Dulak as of late?  Did SoE decide to take a swing with the old Nerf bat to Dulak?  Just wondering.

Nekokirei

Quote from: bellzebuthave you tried lowering environemental graphic at low or thing like that. It was lgy for me at the first then went in the option turning environementale off and it was pretty ok.
Running a 1ghz amd, 768pc133, ati 9800pro

Bellze,

I've tried it all.  Lowering, turning off, turning on, standing on my head chanting...ok, not that last one but you get the idea. =)  My video card isn't the greatest but not the worst either, but I think that's bottleneck.

I've actually found the Sea Fury Cyclops quite nice at 51.  The zone is near abanonded and with the Gnome translocators, it's a snap to get there and back again.  Plus, since it's so empty, I grab Gornit whenever he spawns and work on my FV faction -- don't ask, I don't know why either. =)

Oh!  Even though I don't really need J-Boots, I did manage to catch the AC up and take him out.

Thanks again for all the advice.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Nekokirei

Quote from: JolrashHas anyone else noticed the exp seems to be alot less in Dulak as of late?  Did SoE decide to take a swing with the old Nerf bat to Dulak?  Just wondering.

I was witha  group of guildies Tuesday evening and never noticed any difference in XP for Dulak.   Was glad to get back to the solitude of OoT afterwards though.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Hereki

There definitely seems to be lower exp in Dulak since it was dropped from the hot spot list.  I can remember getting 2% per spawn of Stormwave at 55 (before hot spots); with a 52 character, who should be getting a lot more exp % from those same mobs, it was also 2% per round.

Nekokirei

Quote from: HerekiThere definitely seems to be lower exp in Dulak since it was dropped from the hot spot list.  I can remember getting 2% per spawn of Stormwave at 55 (before hot spots); with a 52 character, who should be getting a lot more exp % from those same mobs, it was also 2% per round.

/boggle

2%???

Ok, put like that, Dulak is definitely not offering up the same xp percentage.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

NoxCruor

Been following this thread for a while.  My bst is now 53, and I'm looking for a pretty good soloing spot that's quiet if possible.  I heard mention of JP dryaads earlier.  For those that are doing it now, have done it in the past and can remember, how much exp were you getting (per hour/two hours/etc)?

I personally like to dungeon crawl.  Whether it's in an LDoN, or some other cave system.  Someone said it's possible to go to Nurga (reference would be the Nurgalopedia?) at 53?  How diffacult are the mobs there?  And would Torgiran Mines be good to hit?
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Jolrash

I tried Torgian not to long ago because i wanted to get my malaria spell and at 53 I was still haveing a hell of time.  Not sure about Nurga but I personally moved on to Dranik's Scar.  Mobs hit for the MOST 100.  Only downside is they tend to hit fast even slowed.

NoxCruor

a hell of a time?  What happened?
Khillarri
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Jolrash

Went to bridge area to kill and my pet and I were just unable to take hit from the trolls.  Burned alot of mana between healing pet and myself.  Took one out, medded to full, pulled second and eventually had to zone to Nadox.

NoxCruor

Did you try the entrance side from Dulak?  Supposedly that spot is a bit easier..
Khillarri

Jolrash

Never tried the mineing area there.  Always seemed like ADD hell.  I'll try that tonight when I get home.  Thanks!