Main Menu

Ferocity

Started by Takeed, October 04, 2006, 10:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takeed

Anybody parse the dps increase due the the melee Ferocity focus (Ferocity I - Ferocity VI) now that we get an innate double attack skill (even though it only goes up to 25)?  If so, has added double attack made it a more substantial increase in dps over what it was prior to us having an innate double attack skill?

Tastian

More of a boost because we now double attack more.  The gain will depend on what rank of ferocity, what level you are, what weapons you wield and what rank of BF(0-10) you have.  8P   Other than, Yeah it helps more now, there isn't a number anyone can give without some more data. 

Takeed

I was looking for more of an answer as to whether or not the was generally a more noticable increase.  I'm not too worried about specific numbers in my case.  Just for kicks though, I'm 74 (soon to be 75), have BF10, 20 Double attack skill (will be 25 soon after hitting 75).  I have ferocity 3 on an aug in my belt atm, and am trying to decide if I want to stick with that, or try and get a fero5-6 item somewhere.  My primary is Flayed Flesh Handwraps with Tunat 2h2 aug in it.  Secondary is Mace of Grim Tidings with Deep Sky Stone in it.

Tastian

Lets get some numbers out there and we'll kinda go from there...

Level 75(maxed skill DA)  ~ 20% DA
BF 5  ~ 15% DA
IBF5  ~15%DA

Total DA  ~ 50%

Ferocity III  ~9% boost to double attack
Ferocity V  ~15% boost to double attack

That means...

Base DA ~150% (melee dmg)
Fero III  ~154.5% (melee dmg)
Fero V   ~157.5% (melee dmg)

Because naturally do "100%" melee dmg with no double attacking, the double attack is basically tacking on extra swings/hits/misses/etc.  In this case the increase we are looking it in terms of putting on a fero item where our "base" is now the 150% number at level 75 would be...

Fero III  ~3%

Fero V   ~5%  (from base)

Fero V   ~1.94%  (from fero III)

Now where those %'s work out will vary with setup based upon how much damage you are actually doing.  Which will vary with what you wearing/fighting/using/doing/etc.  lol 

With Flayed wraps and mace I'll conservatively SWAG your melee dps at ~200.  That'd mean...

Fero 3  ~6dps

Fero V  ~10dps

After all that though we then fall back on "personal choice" as to what is noticeable, what is "worth it", what we would swap, etc.  For some people 4dps isn't much, especially if total dps is in the 400+ range, thus only a 1%(ish) boost overall.  However, for others that 4dps can be seen as quite a bit.  For instance, if you were to convert that 4dps number into main hand proc damage it'd be equivalant of gaining an 80dmg proc on your MH(if you had WA5), or gaining a 120dmg proc on your MH if you didn't have WA5.  Even more dps if you were talking OH.  *shrugs*

Also, with fero we are talking about a scaling increase.  That 4dps number might not be so much right now if you are solo'n or with flayed wraps, but as you get other buffs, hit from back, disc, improve weapons, etc. then it will increase.  If you were to sustain 400 melee dps then it goes up to an 8dps boost.  *shrugs*  I'm talking too much and going to go fix some food lol.  Let me know if you need anything else.  lol

Takeed

Thanks.  That makes sense, and its good to get some numbers to understand things a bit better.