Main Menu

Fused Mnemonic of Khati Sha

Started by Kunriis, May 26, 2004, 09:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunriis

Does anyone know how this quest works since the huge revamp of grimling forest and acrylia caverns? All I have is conflicting info from allakahzam. The 2 main questions are how do u get Agent Tiesh and Khati Sha the Twisted to spawn.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2583

Fused Mnemonic of Khati Sha

LORE ITEM NO DROP  
Weight: 0.0 Size: TINY
Slot: EAR FINGERS  
AC: +18 Str: +8 Dex: +8 Sta: +12 Wis: +8 Int: +8 Fire Resist: +10 Disease Resist: +10 Cold Resist: +10 Magic Resist: +10 Poison Resist: +10 HP: +100 Mana: +75  
Classes: All Classes  
Races: All Races
Slot 1: Type 7
Effect: Spirit of Wolf
Focus Effect: Mana Preservation IV

RabidMonkey

Funny...happend to come across this very quest whilst doing my patch time fill, seems quite nice, interested also.
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Vahaus Warder

Agent Tiesh (1200,-1000, Grimling Forest) is looking for old books. His first request to you is to find Legends of Lies, which is dropped in inner Acrylia Caverns from most any named.

Retrieve Legends and Lies for him, and he'll hand you a 4-slot container for the others. You'll need to attain the Testament of Night from the Shissar Assassin in Ssraeshza Temple and the Ledger of Pain from the Shissar Magister, also in Ssraeshza Temple. The 4th book, the Mnemonic of Khati Sha, is dropped by Khati Sha the Twisted (final boss in Acrylia). Combine the 4 books in the container you were provided, hand in the combined result for the reward.

Note that Agent Tiesh is only in Grimling forest once the war with the grimlings has been completed.

Ssraeshza Temple
•  The Shissar Magister - Ledger of Pain
•  Shissar Assassin - Testament of Night

Acrylia Caverns
•  Arcanist, High Priest, Primalist, or Ritualist - Legend of Lies (From Inner Acrylia)
•  Khati Sha the Twisted - Mnemonic of Khati Sha

Maps
•  Ssraeshza Temple Floor 1
•  Acrylia Caverns

Here's a repost of what I posted on the topic over at the safehouse. I'll update it with links to the gear.

Most information gathered from a previous post by Mindlet found Here. The rest was pulled from The Steel Warrior Archive and Paladins of Norrath. Full credit goes to the individuals who posted in the original location.

If I take 6 groups down to IA this will probably be a one shot or nothing. There is no way I will talk 6 groups of people back into IA if I don't have all the information before hand. The below is what I found according to the sources above:

Inside it are two vah shir kneeling; Spiritist Andro Shimi, and Spiritist Kama Resan. Speak to the female Vah Shir, you say a key phrase, like 'what casting', and she tells you what to say to start the event. There are also mobs that pop in the jail cells and out side and around them that need to be cleared as you set up. These are simple IA mobs that have nothing to do with the script. But chances are if you hailing the Vah Shir you've already killed them. Also, above the jail cell area is a big hall with a side thin staircase leading up to a small top room with some more static mobs. There is a big cauldron in it. This is called the cauldron room. The two jail cells and the cauldron room are where your two main camps will be.

Once the event starts a death ward and a life ward spawns, the life ward will be un-target able and will spawn in the cell area between the two cells. The death ward will spawn beside the cauldron. The death ward is agro and target able as soon as you see it. The life ward becomes target able once you clear a few waves of the jammers and skeletons. They both flurry 400s max, hit like hit pretty quick, they are compared to pop exp mobs, and don't have a lot of HP.

Life Script:
Randomly in each jail cell "grimling jammers" spawn, which stop the casting of the Vah Shir. Note the jammers do nothing to players, they don't even fight back once attacked, they are just there to stop the Vah Shir from casting.Also skeletons pop that hit for ~400 melee low hp. You need to kill the jammers fast while you mez the skeletons. They never pop in exact numbers it's very random, for example 1 jammer and 2 skells, then 3 jammers and 1 skell. It's totally random and not on any kind of real timer. This happens in both cells at once. It goes on for about 4-6 waves or about 20 minutes depending how much dps you have. Eventually the life ward becomes target able and agros on you (have a tank ready waiting), kill it and it drops an item. One report was a Lifebane Wristplates.

Death Script: While the whole life script is going on downstairs the death script is going on upstairs two floors above the jail, which you can hear it from below. The death ward is agro on anyone in the room when the event starts. When it begins and endless cycle of "sacrifices" spawn in 4 spots around the cauldron. If any of them hit the cauldron, the death ward is completely healed. Death ward much like the life ward in melee power. The sacrifices are target able, but they memblur themselves so you need to keep hitting them to stop them from jumping on the casters.

Item Drops: Keep in mind all items listed was before the loot table change

Life Ward has been known to drop the following items: Gloves of Greater Heft, Lifebane Wristplates, Silken Cords of Life

Death Ward has been known to drop the following items: Deathguard's Pauldrons, Longbow of the Grimlings, Orb of Death.

This is where the event is not 100% as for information. I got a lot of conflicting information but the most popular information is posted below. If you can confirm or deny the information please let me know and I'll update the post.

In order to "win" this section of the script the death ward needs to be killed within minutes (5 minutes maybe, no confirmation yet) of the life ward. So here's how you complete it successfully:

Setup your groups like this: Kill team in jail cell 1, kill team in jail cell 2, and kill team in cauldron room. Jail cell teams are self explanatory, kill jammers fist, then go after the skeletons your enchanter has on ice. But the cauldron team is a different ball game. You need to tank the death ward until the life ward spawns, then kill the death ward once the life ward is down to ~20%. Once the life ward is down to ~20% kill the Death ward then run down to the cells and help kill the life ward. This should solve the problem of killing one and still having one up for too long and the event ends because of it. Now you will have to deal with the sacrifices during the killing of the death ward, so have two tanks and an enchanter plus the death ward MT, 2 healers on the MT and a healer for the sacrifice killers. Between spawns of sacrifices (2 should be un-mezzable, 2 mezzable) melee down the death ward (if you have the personnel some jail cell people can run up and help). Once death ward is down, life ward should be no higher than ~50% health, EVERYONE run to the jail and kill life ward asap.

How to progress: Once you beat the script the floor in the back room (located under the cauldron room) should open revealing a stairway leading down. This room leads to a closed room with two Vah Shir. You have to pick the right one to kill. I have no idea yet which one your supposed to kill. When you pick one of the Vah Shir, that Vah Shir kills the other Vah Shir and that death triggers a door to open. When that door opens an elite Grimling rushes you. Kill the elite and move toward the door.

Inside the door is a large room with a lava river below you. On the other side you'll see a bunch of girmmling elites waiting to welcome you. Pass them you'll see a bunch of VT looking MOBs called Defiled Minions guarding the door to the khati sha. These Defiled Minons are Khati Sha the Twisted's guards. They are level 65 and hit hard. To raise the bridge someone has to jump into the lava and hit the switch under the lava. I'm told if you hit the switch and are in the center of the room when you do it, you'll be raised out of the lava with the bridge. If not you'll of course die and have to CR the corpse. Not sure if you can /corpse to get the body, or if you have to summon with a coffin. You CAN NOT CoH, if you do a Grimling Hero will spawn and give you a hard time......you've been warned.

Pull the mobs into the large room before the lava bridge and kill there. Then move into that room and prepare for Khati Sha himself. You have more than enough time to buff, and med before the fight. I don't' know the respawn on the mobs in that room, but I'm told by several people you'll have more than enough time for two attempts. That's with buffing and medding between attempts.

Khati Sha the Twisted hits for 1300's is slowable, and has an AE. I don't know what the AE is, and information on it is scarce. It's rumored to be a nasty AE slow/DoT but again no confirmation as of yet. If you find out, please post here so I can update this post. Khati Sha the Twisted has been touted as Aten Ha Ra / emperor difficulty by anyone and everyone to have tried it. Again I have no tried it yet, but will post updated information as I find it.

Old Khati Sha the Twisted Drops: Crown of the Twisted, Mnemonic of Khati Sha (used in Fused Mnemonic of Khati Sha quest), Torn Silk Cloth, Twisted Chain Boots, Twisted Longsword of Pain, Wristguard of the Twisted.

I'll add more as I find more. Again if anyone has anything to add please don't hesitate to post below and I'll update.

RabidMonkey

/Bump

Anyone got any more info on this?
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal