Main Menu

Moral question regarding Coldain ring

Started by RabidMonkey, May 26, 2004, 02:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidMonkey

I want too do the coldain ring quest, and still will, but I also want narindi's crown as it will be a great upgrade for me. Now ive been on "a" 10th ring fight b4 and the person let all the other loots be lotto'd out. Is it selfish of me to want my ring AND the crown? ( being that that time it may of been a class that could not use the crown anyhow). I mean it will be me that does all the work unto the end. Also does the crown drop every time?

I'm wondering what you did, will do, or think on this?

Also what are the stacking (ring effect) issues if any with this and Bst's?

Thnxs.
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Kylaz

I've seen the case once. Just state aloud and clear that you will take both the crown and the ring, so people know that beforehand - You may have a few less hybrids on the war ring, but only if they are not real friends...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

JillieMT

Personally, I would not do this. But that is just me. You need alot of help to finish the ring quest, so the least you can do is reward all those people with a chance for a nice shiny new thing for themselves.

That being said, I would agree with the above poster. As long as you are very clear that you will be taking the crown as well, then it's really up to the other people whether they will still come out to help you.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Dumpty

10th rings ds/regen effect has more stacking issues than 8/9. It doesn't stack with regrowth for one iir.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

gatorbaiter

I think the fact that you are asking the question you know deep down this is the wrong way to go.  I think the people that help you out should have a chance at a shiney new toy, don't you?  I'd be so thankful that I got the firepower to finish the quest, I would not even consider taking anything else.

Mindlet

I would consider that to be very bad form. If you want a crown go help other people do their rings.

RabidMonkey

Think your right gator, to pose the question answers my question.
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Doctor Choddy Chud

I have the 10th ring.  It doesn't stack with our own regen.  I use it on raids as a insta clicky for my top buff and for the ATK, whereas if I was soloing, I would probably use regen...
Elder Onti - 65 Vah Shir Feral Lord
331 AAs
I TANKED ATEN HA RA

<Exhumed>
Cazic-Thule

Stromgaard

Quote from: MindletI would consider that to be very bad form. If you want a crown go help other people do their rings.

What Mindlet said ;)

But then again, if your rep can take the "faction hit" hehe, and you can get enough peeps to go along with it... :D