Main Menu

Mage proc weapons and my pet

Started by Ogryn, June 29, 2004, 01:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogryn

I had a few questions about giving my pet summoned weapons and was hoping someone here had some experience with it.  I am currently using the level 49 pet.

If I give my pet 2 hand of ixiblat's -- is it better than 1?
Will the proc's from the weapon come before the proc's from the spell?
Is it a set amount of proc's per minute similar to a pc?
Is there a disadvantage to using summoned weapons?

Thanks for any responses!

Coprolith

1. yes
2. most likely
3. most likely
4. Virtually none. Because of #2 its probable that the pet's spell proc rate is reduced a little bit, so the spell proc's stun+hate or snare component (Hobble) would land just a little less often, but i can't think of any situations where the dps increase from the weapons would not make up for that.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Fibbs

Rather than start a new post on basically the same questions.

there is a new summoned pet weap (the name escapes me) from GoD which is a piercer.
Stats are something like 11/18 with +4fire damage and a nice 200DD fire proc. with 100hp. (these are annoyingly lore I might add making summoning them a pain)

My question is basically how the melee aspect of giving these weapons to pets works.

The pets still continue to hit for their max of 79 with a DPoC, so how does the better dmg/dly ratios effect the pets performance?

My guess so far that the melee aspects will allow for more max hits by the pet? would i be right here?

Fibbs

Tastian

Delay of weapon doesn't effect pets anymore.  Damage of weapon will effect pet if it allows them to hit for more than they previously could (weapon damage has to be over half what max hit is).  Weapon type (piercing, blunt, hth, etc) makes no differance on performance for pet.

Fibbs

Yeah I thought as much, just automatically assumed that my pet would be hitting more than its current max of 79.

Mind you I have only used them a handful of times now.

thanks again

Fibbs