Main Menu

Its that time again (AA suggestion thread)

Started by Chana, April 30, 2011, 03:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

Crowd control:
Pushback with warder.  Like sham pushback, but warder moves with the pushback to hold the mob down

AE snare version of hobble or AE slow.  help keep multiple mobs from turning on healers

Defense:
Better defense from behind.  All raid events are melee from all sides now.  We drop fast when mobs run up our back.  Heck, even the rangers are starting to make fun of me for dying so much.

FD:
Inc FD to 100% and/or add a pulling component to our FD

Will add more as I think about it.

nedoirah

In regards to Play Possum, I think the only thing(s) they might add are: 100% success rate and/or spell resists.

Pushback with warder. I like the idea but if the warder moves with the mobs then won't our pet die? Unless we ask for a 6-12 temp pet with the same ability. That could work. On a personal note, I don't like the idea of us becoming a CC class, we are a dPS/utility class.

I agree our defensives need tightening up. I drop very fast when I start getting hit from behind and it seems like most mobs summon these days...

Khauruk

Quote from: nedoirah on July 10, 2011, 01:13:45 PM
Pushback with warder. I like the idea but if the warder moves with the mobs then won't our pet die? Unless we ask for a 6-12 temp pet with the same ability. That could work. On a personal note, I don't like the idea of us becoming a CC class, we are a dPS/utility class.

Minor CC ability was a role beastlords had from the beginning via a very strong pet.  Ideas like this or my Companion's Lurch one are trying to make that similar to what we had through LDoN and perhaps later.  Single-target, limited, needs a bit of space to work.

As far as the details of this one, I'd presume it's meant to be used in conjunction w/ pet divine aura and dedicated healing/runes from the beastlord.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Bumkus

Quote from: Khauruk on July 10, 2011, 02:53:33 PM
Quote from: nedoirah on July 10, 2011, 01:13:45 PM

Minor CC ability was a role beastlords had from the beginning via a very strong pet.  Ideas like this or my Companion's Lurch one are trying to make that similar to what we had through LDoN and perhaps later.  Single-target, limited, needs a bit of space to work.

As far as the details of this one, I'd presume it's meant to be used in conjunction w/ pet divine aura and dedicated healing/runes from the beastlord.

Right, if you aren't running with pet rune, promised heal, and possibly the pet heal, then you pet would likely die OTing mobs in later content.

I don't think pet should every be so powerful that you can fire and forget it.

This is a very limited version of CC.  it does not turn us into a CC class.  It just allows us to use warder in a meaningful way in groups where people don't know to step out of pet melee range when we trying to OT a mob for them.

They could combine Companion Relocation with a 1 tic version of shamam push root.  This would make most sense to me as the next level of Companion Relocation.

xbuzz

I'd personally like some thing added to bring 2h weapons back into our arsenal, right now it's pointless for us to even have the 2hb skills.

abadonda

reclaim energy (like the mages one)
some aura :) (paragon aura, which stacks with the other paragons)
other aura possiblity: a bst could bring pet specific improvements (greater hit chance is the pet of a grp memeber hits the same mob as the bst

expand the leader aa's with class specific abilities: eg: bst get's permanent grp fero when leading the grp
maybe some new capabilities as class specific ldr aa: for each rank you can designate a bst grp buff to be permanent (clr's would get clr buffs of course, etc). no idea what non buff classes would want to have (maybe a war wants some "drain grp members hp" ability (hopelfully i can turn it off ..))

very important aa: turn off tribute when you log off

fun aa: like i can turn into the likeness of my warder, i would like to be able to turn my warder into my own likeness (might be fun on a pvp server :))

aa to let my pet fd like i do (playing possum to), hopefully with a greater success % ...

Brehm

Paragon Warder-I would like to see an AA that would turn our pet into a merc as far as aggro is concerned. So I could be standing next to my pet fighting and if my warders hate was higher than mine I wouldnt be tanking the mob. It would bring some utility to our pet as far as Off-Tanking in tight spaces and add alot of value to our pet defensives.

Call of the Silver Moon- It would combine our pet swarm spell (Summon x Werewolves) Turn us into a werewolf and our warder... possibly further ranks could be a group version.  The effect would be a spelll called "Bloodbath" that would proc and stack on itself several times, increasing damage by a set amount for each buff in the stack.

Speed of the Wild-Each rank of the AA increases your pets run speeds by 10% (Same as innate run speeds for players)

I would really love to have a second pet, possibly a hawk or other ground runner type pet.

Thats it for now :)

Sharrien

I'd like to see Prolific Minion re-visited.  Pet proc that spawns more short-lived pets.  Make the proc a recourse that spawns the new pet from the player rather than the warder and attack his target, that should avoid the problem found during testing in UF beta that this ability had when spawning a pet from an npc.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

bradam

Quote from: Sharrien on July 14, 2011, 01:55:18 PM
I'd like to see Prolific Minion re-visited. 

This was by far one of the coolest things in UF beta imo.   Hoping they can work out all the bugs on it eventually.   Only thing I didn't like was they gave it to everyone.  Should just be a bst/mag/nec aa.

Blarp

Quote from: Sharrien on July 14, 2011, 01:55:18 PM
I'd like to see Prolific Minion re-visited.  Pet proc that spawns more short-lived pets.  Make the proc a recourse that spawns the new pet from the player rather than the warder and attack his target, that should avoid the problem found during testing in UF beta that this ability had when spawning a pet from an npc.

Not going to happen i brought it up  at fan fair this year, the code is just not possible at this time.

Jili

As a raiding beastlord, the last thing I want to see is more pets swarming around  :|
At least till they removed push  :-P

nedoirah

Quote from: Jili on July 25, 2011, 02:08:12 AM
As a raiding beastlord, the last thing I want to see is more pets swarming around  :|
At least till they removed push  :-P

Prolific minion is an activated aa. Just ban its usage on raids and you should be fine. If they can't follow that simple rule then they shouldn't be raiding in the first place. Blunt but true. Raids require a certain amount of compliance and cooperation/teamwork.

Quote from: bradam on July 14, 2011, 06:13:22 PM
Only thing I didn't like was they gave it to everyone.  Should just be a bst/mag/nec aa.

I agree. Pets like those should be given only to the 3 primary pet classes. Shaman, Shadowknight, Enchanters, Rangers, Bards and Druids are NOT pet classes. They get a minor pet but their spells and dps do not revolve around pets.

I have a shaman and he rarely bothers with a pet unless I summon one in the G-hall/lobby prior to heading out and even then if his pet dies I don't bother summoning another one for him unless I am recovering from a rez/wipe. He has a few DoTs that do more damage than his pet anyways. Fabled pet weapons don't really count as pets either IMO.

To me a pet class is defined by the following:

1. pets are a major part of dps
2. pets can survive longer than a single round
3. spells require pets to be alive (I.E. growl or empathic fury)
4. at least 1/4 of your spells or AA are pet related
5. you aren't truly playing your class if you don't have a pet up

In regards to that last statement, I have encountered bsts that don't or refuse to use pets and told them they should just reroll either a shaman or monk.

kharthai

Quote from: nedoirah on July 25, 2011, 10:12:15 PM

Just ban its usage on raids and you should be fine.

That's cool as long as it does no real dps.

nedoirah

I'd have to review my logs but I don't think it added much dps. Maybe about the same as Attack of the Warders.

Hzath

How do you have logs from UF beta still?
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.