Main Menu

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Started by JillieMT, April 30, 2007, 01:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JillieMT

Heya all.

We just got the Logitech G15 gaming keyboard and wondering what would be some good uses out of its programmability EQ-wise. Does anyone here have one of these keyboards? Do you have some neat keyboard profiles or LCD programs for EQ? I understand that you can also program macros and all sorts of stuff, so I was wondering if anyone had some ideas.

I posted this in the Boxing forum as I am going to try to use this to box a druid or something.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Babybst

My Roommate has asked about this same keyboard.
Does anyone have info on it please?
Thank you
Babycat
The Rathe(KARANA) server
Level 72

Khauruk

I doubt you'll see much in teh way of LCD programs for EQ being made.  Check/ask on their forums - I really can't think of too much I would use it for myself.

As far as the macro keys - 18 is very nice.  Too bad they can't be bound to mouse movements/clicks (i.e. could macro tradeskill junk/whatever), but if you can make them repeat, you could autoforage, train FD, spell skillups, whatever.

Do you plan on playing both accounts on 1 machine?  That might be great for playing a blind cleric/shammy/druid.  The only problem I see with that is making sure the drivers send the command to only the instance of EQ you want, and not both.

Lemme know how it works out...I'm definitely interested.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

JillieMT

Thanks for the replies.

Yes Khauruk, I do plan to play both on same machine, exactly like that. That is a good point about sending the commands to the correct EQ... there has to be a way to ensure that.

Oh, and its more than 18 keys... its actually 3 sets of 18 apiece!

And we haven't really found anything EQ-related for the LCD screen either. It did come with programs for a stopwatch/countdown timer, so thats neat for a spawn timer.

Khauruk

Quote from: JillieMT on April 30, 2007, 11:23:55 PM
Oh, and its more than 18 keys... its actually 3 sets of 18 apiece!

Aye, but if timeliness is the issue, you won't want to be either trying to remember which of the 54 possible combinations it is.  I wouldn't at least...I would be trying to fit everything I might realistically need into the base 18; and then for whatever other commands I need to send to the toon, I'd switch instances.

The LCD would be great if you could run 4 or so clocks from it...great for me at least.  What's the limit with the widget you found?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

JillieMT

I've just been using the stock clock thingie. You can run two independently configurable clocks at a time on it. You can select whether they count up (stopwatch) or down (countdown). You can set the countdown timer from 1 second to many hours, you can make it automatically loop, and you can make it play a custom sound upon completion.

recoil silverclaws

I dont have the G15 but i have the one before it with prity much the same basic macro keys and i love them for when i box. Normaly you have to do alt+tab to swap from the two accnts i set a macro key for it so i just hit the one butten to swap that alone has made my boxing so much better and faster.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Denti

With WinEQ you can have fixed shortcuts for each EQ instance you run, for example Allt-Tab-2 for the blind healer, great to use with the keyboard.

Actually i use the first set of keys for my normal solo-gameplay (auto-target and buff hotkeys kind of thing) and the second set for boxing stuff.

Greystoke

any idea if there is a way to do this without win eq?
Can't we all just get along

Timberghost

I never really liked the feel of Win-EQ.  I just plug in the laptop next to my big computer and run EQ on both.

Only prob I have is remembering which keyboard to use, but feels worlds easier than the whole KVM switch or Win EQ thing.

Hoov

i use mine when boxing.
i got mine set up like

/target hoov
/follow

/target hoov
/cast 1 (heal of some sort)

and ffor my beasty
/rake
/do ability 4
/misc ability

it basically gives you more hot keys wo having them on your screen. its helpfull when you have a crouded screen already.

there are many more i use, this is just an example of what i use and how.
it is great for when you are on a raid and need to target all the enchanters or healers or tanks.. just make a hot key for each and scroll thru em. its a ton faster once you get use to it.

other than that i have not found a great use for em.