Main Menu

Final Epic 2.0 event

Started by Gazzuk, September 18, 2005, 07:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazzuk

I am currently working on killing DDA, the final one, with the 6 ferans.. the hardest part about this event i have found is timing the scout correctly, have had multiple times where i have got people there, and either she skipped a spawn, or didn't spawn the DDA and 6 ferans on hail. What I fugred out was, if you say 'strong' to Tormented Scout, and you are far enough distance away, or running away, the mobs will not aggro you immediately.. from this point, I summoned a level 21 pet, and put alladnu and our level 70 pet rune on him, sent him after DDA and pulled him out. Well, he ae'd my pet, and one rounded him before i could get him far enough away, the mobs then went to attacking me, and luckily, while defensive, i got mezzed, somehow when i got free, i was able to run away.

At that point, I quickly got up another low level pet, runed it and set it after again, Bingo, DDA single from the pack; this was the only way I was able to pull him to the zoneline entirely single. (DS zoneline)  it took about 5 minutes to do. I tried just tagging the pack and bringing them to zoneline and zoneing, but twice in a row, the mobs start warping, especially the ferans, and especially on inclines or minor depressions in the ground. and I usually had one or two ferans on him by the time he got to the zoneline. I plan on doing this with an entirely minimal amount of people.. im hoping one bard, a warrior, cleric and me. Bard will primarily be playing Psalm of Veeshan to counter the 1. mezz, and 2. the 2500dd AE. my question is, will this be doable by the four of us? and if so, has anyone had any other luck pulling the mob to zoneline single (5 minutes is kind of a big hit on his spawned time, considering I will be the primary DPS in killing him) or see any other problems with the ferans warping? Last time we did it, I just brought 2 ferans and the DDA, in hopes the bard could mez the ferans and keep up psalm of veeshan at the same time, and no dice. I wanted to know if anyone has had my problems, or found any other alternative solutions to getting him to the zoneline single, and safely?

Urim

Well, without knowing your level of gear, we will only be able to speculate.

When i did this fight, i had 4 or 5 people (can't exactly recall), think it me, another bst, a rogue and a druid(or cleric) and i think we were only group buffed with maybe one or two from outside. I remember it got close to wipe on several occasions when both me and other bst got mezzed and it started to try and eat the druid ... and rogues aren't exactly known for their snap agro abilities and then we would get out of mez and pray to get agro back before druid died. It ended up being a little closer call than i would have liked but was surely doable. Maybe a bit better planning would have helped. Casting a long lasting low damage dot on anybody you don't want mezzed to negate the effect as much as possible. Heck, nowadays you could probably use the poisoned wine that dang jester loves to hand out! :lol:
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Dummkopf

Did the fight with a monk and a cleric (a wizzard friend helped during the last 20% by insta-splatting). It became a bit difficult when both the monk and me were mezzed but the cleric did survive that too, was sometimes close though. Mana became an issue because the fight was very long, took us around 25 minutes or so with me dieing once. The dot idea was why i had some crimson potions with me but they didnt help on the mez, still got mezzed and didnt break it.

Kanan

So sounding like 3 melee that can get some agro be best for this?

ie, tank, us, monk/ranger etc

Then fill in with dps?

I assume these were done with zoning split
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kanan

follow up: been messing with this fight a bit the last few days.  Trigger's up when I get home from work & trying to get folks to come help ;p

What are opinions of this tactic to split it out: have green pet guarded opposite direction from where I will run, buffed to the gills, runed, etc.  Trigger, sic pet on DDA & run like a mofo, mebbe tag me a feran to piss them off right.  Learned last night the ferans will summon.  That screwed up a sac-pet tactic I tried ;p got me summoned & ded before the rcod zone castle's outer wall.

I'm just figgering on pet being able to hold the DDA back enough to get him truly split out from the rest.  Perhaps well enuf that can have group sitting over at the pet? that might get one guard still, but can prolly deal with that, esp with how gimp and rarely the DDA hits.

Saab

what is the damn cycle for the trigger...scout?...1 up, 2 down?>..or 30 mins up, 2 hrs down?  or is hailing Jillea related to poping it?

hakaaba

You might have trouble with even one guard.  All the ferans pop another feran on death and another feran on the death of the second one.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kanan

one add = ot/mez.. so that should be simple nuff.

Saab

w00t..got orb and this BF fight done last night...  2.0 done! yay!

basically..i checked the spawn on this scout a few days ago...and just used pen and papaer to estimate cycle..30 up, 2 hours down..last night we were  finishing some 2.0's..so I had a good idea when it would spawn.. got raid to be at spot about 10 mins prior to est spawn,   sure enough..it did.

we just semi zerged it..had tank grab DDA, and a leet sk kited the adds  =)  we did it  right there in place where event spawns.. worked well. we Had about  15 toons...ang / tacvi geared

tank got spam mezzed, but had a 2nd tank there, so they just shared the job.

so glad to be done. thanks for all's help.

Meoweser

*EDIT* nm! i got it figured out *hugs* Jilora!

Gazzuk

Got this done yesterday, 10/8/05..

every feran spawns a feran on it's death, and then on the death of that feran, another feran..  I was able to pet pull it where it spawned multiple times the night before when I used the lv 30 pet with the 70 pet rune, alladnu and SV.. got to back him off quick tho, he barely makes it back, pretty easy kill, just have two tanks (he never kept more than 1 mezzed at a time) I believe AE mez worked on the ferans.. seeing as how they got mezzed so quickly. Least thats what I gather from it :)