Main Menu

Vergalid and Pets

Started by Zebrn Beasword, July 27, 2007, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrn Beasword

I saw that they get the exile dot and the add dot... but do pets spawn adds? I really don't care if he gets exiled. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Inphared

In my experience pets are immune to things like DT's (Zi-Thuuli) and other various things, although there are some exceptions like the Sullon Zek viral AE's. The best way to do it is just pay attention to your pets buffs, and if you see something there shouldn't be, watch and see what happens. My best guess would be "no", but I'm not 100%.

Maylian

Pet's have been getting hit by ZT's DT for the last few months at least, don't know if they changed it in the last month since we rarely raid there but can guarantee they did.

Don't think they do affect Vergalid spawns though, we never got told not to use them but then I have to constantly explain how pets work to some of our officers.

Zebrn Beasword

They always got the ZI garg form, but never the DT.. I just don't wanna spawn adds that we don't need on the raids to find out :)

Was hoping someone already had?
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Hanelce

Quote from: Zebrn Beasword on July 27, 2007, 05:59:12 PM
They always got the ZI garg form, but never the DT.. I just don't wanna spawn adds that we don't need on the raids to find out :)

Was hoping someone already had?

They get the ZiT garg form, as well as the DT, I've had it happen a few times actually. 

As for Vergalid, We just had our first win not to long ago, and I don't recall any adds popping from pets.  I don't recall any adds at all on the win, tbh.

75 Arch Animist

Daigyon

The heal other than Promised Mending will cure it.
There is no knowledge that is not power.
Daigyon
75 Beastlord of Blades of Wrath
Fennin Ro.

Hanelce

Quote from: Daigyon on July 28, 2007, 11:21:13 PM
The heal other than Promised Mending will cure it.

yes, healing of Uluanes will cure it, as it has a curse counter to it :)

75 Arch Animist

TabarQuell

I know pets don't spawn adds in places like Uqua and Vishmitar, i haven't tried vergalid yet though so i cannot say either way in his case.

Pets do get hit by the DT in Vule's area, as well as get the bloodeye counter, but when the bloodeye counter ticked down my warder did not bite it. so /shrug
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Hanelce

Quote from: TabarQuell on July 30, 2007, 06:01:05 PM
when the bloodeye counter ticked down my warder did not bite it. so /shrug

Back a long time ago, the pet would get the DT's, and they'd just eat them, take zero damage.  There was a patch, then all of a sudden, I was just watching my warder as he was in garg form, from ZiT... then poof.  Was kind of Michael Vickish just to watch him die,  I just cure him now.

75 Arch Animist

JurrelFV

Old topic, but figured I'd ask about it. Has anyone confirmed whether or not pets spawn adds on Vergalid? My organization has banned pets on both the Nurtha part and Vergalid himself and it would be great if I could let them know that pets will or will not spawn adds.

Rabekiz

We last did the Vergalid series of raids back in Nov/Dec of 07. During each of those raids we allowed pets and not once did they spawn adds.

Otherwise pets have a pretty spotty record in regard to AEs and auras. The Harfange slow/combat aura affects the pets but his AE dispel doesnt. While I've never seen my warder get the Beltron proc dot they do eat every other corruption and diseased based AE in the FC raids. In Ashengate the Dyn'leth Army auras affect them, Lethar's DTs dont, and Dyn'leth the Firstborne's aura does. The Zt DT has affected pets for at least a year. Dont remember my warder ever eating a Vish DT but we havent done that raid in a long, long time.

JurrelFV

Thanks for the info. Gonna show this thread to my raid leader and see if he'll change his mind about allowing pets on Vergalid. I'm the only BST in the organization and not many in it are knowledgeable about BSTs in general.  :-( Had about ten people to yell at me to kill my pet last night when I popped Bestial Alignment disc, heh.

Hopefully he'll let me use my warder on this fight though.

hokarz

I was trying to convince a raidleader once that my BE pet, wasn't actually a pet, but more like a nuke that does melee damage. He didn't get it.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Nusa

Bad argument, since the BE pet IS a pet, and follows uncontrolled pet rules as to what it's going to beat on, so there will be situations where it's inappropriate to use it.

Can't say about Vergalid, since I haven't done that yet, but generally pets don't spawn adds in the same way players do.

I've done Vishimtar both with and without pets. I can confirm pet deaths there don't cause adds. However since Vishimtar is more about control (necessary to win) than dps(only speeds things up), no pets isn't such a bad rule on that event....one pet jumping on the wrong mob can really screw things up.

Urim

I've always been of the opinion of banning people before banning pets. In the hands of a skilled player a pet is no more a liability than the player himself. So if I see a pet doing something bad, I'd be more inclined to ban that pet owner from the raid rather than punish all pet users with a blanket 'NO PETS!' rule on any events.

Now, on to the actual topic. It's been too long since doing Vergalid raids for me to remember about whether or not pets spawned adds. I do remember using my pet for the events though.

QuoteWhile I've never seen my warder get the Beltron proc dot they do eat every other corruption and diseased based AE in the FC raids.
I can confirm that at least when we were doing those raids when they were new that pets could and did get the Beltron proc. My pet would get it quite often and he was able to proc it to damage Beltron.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'