Main Menu

Vergalid and Pets

Started by Zebrn Beasword, July 27, 2007, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denti

Yep, in the beginning pets could get the Beltron dot, but after one of the many changes they couldn't anymore as far as i remember. It's been quite a while since we saw him though so that might have changed again.

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: Denti on February 29, 2008, 08:39:30 AM
Yep, in the beginning pets could get the Beltron dot, but after one of the many changes they couldn't anymore as far as i remember. It's been quite a while since we saw him though so that might have changed again.

Not really sure about this since we don't use pets on beltran b/c of interrupts. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Orbus1

I have used my pet in Vergalid with no adverse affects. Never had GL saying kill pets or anything.

laissez

Pets shouldn't be on beltron ever, as they can stun him and interrupt him casting his proc.

Any guild that bans pets on any sort of raid is ignorant and i wouldn't be a part of it.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Orbus

QuoteAny guild that bans pets on any sort of raid is ignorant and i wouldn't be a part of it.

Not necessarily true, Vule is a prime example.

Nusa

Quote from: Orbus on April 08, 2008, 08:45:24 PM
QuoteAny guild that bans pets on any sort of raid is ignorant and i wouldn't be a part of it.

Not necessarily true, Vule is a prime example.

Actually, it's a prime example of how pet myths propogate. Pets are fine on Vule, at least for the people assigned to engage it.

The danger is that the pets of anyone NOT assigned to engage Vule will join after an AE, which counts as the person engaging, which then causes people to be banished. We only make those in the rear guard pocket their pets. If they get sent in to Vule, pulling them out is fine.

Of course, having a guild leader who's a mage and two beastlords as officers, we're a little more willing to validate the pet situation ourselves than some would be.

Orbus

Maybe I am wrong but my understanding is that Vule can only have 24 at a time on his hate list, if there are more than that your players start getting the random boot...pets count on that list. So even if I am assigned to engage Vule, we would rather have a another person on the list and not my pet.

So you are saying pets do not get added to the hate list of Vule?

Inphared

Your pet counts as a source from you. Therefore it's only one person on the hate list.

Nusa

Vule can only have 24 people on his hate list. And the boot order isn't random, which means you better have some backup tanks ready for when it happens.

laissez

In all my years of raiding i haven't seen an encounter with a legitimate reason to have pets banned.

On a side note tho I can think of a couple of ppl who contribute less to the raid than my pet =p
Elder   Laissez Fairez

Denti

There seems to be at least one event in MMM where a pet can under some specific circumstantes make it very hard to win. Just a tip, dont allways equip it with weapons.

Kanan

heh.. last night with Fabled Quarm it was interesting... my pet went berserk! ;p

somehow, either he got charmed, or when I got charmed, I lost control of him.  Hitting my hotkeys did nothing.

Here's the weird parts:  At some points he would beat on other PCs, but for the most part, he was beating on Quarm.  But after the fight, he had to be put down, along with at least 1 mage's pet.  Was just really really bizarre.  Anyone else had that yet?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: laissez on April 09, 2008, 04:55:37 AM
In all my years of raiding i haven't seen an encounter with a legitimate reason to have pets banned.

On a side note tho I can think of a couple of ppl who contribute less to the raid than my pet =p

Well, there was that one event in the carpin cycle that would spawn adds whenever a PC or Pet died.  Our first time through people used swarm pets on enrage and it spawned something like 300+ adds.  We were never allowed to use pets of ANY kind after that on him.  Was some funny stuff though :)

(This was a few years ago)
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

laissez

I'm pretty sure that was a bug.  But in any case I'm not so attached to swarm pets as I am to my life long animal companion that defines the beastlord class.
Elder   Laissez Fairez