Main Menu

Focused Perfection - Efficiency/Raid Dynamics

Started by Stellah, February 20, 2008, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenusten

I said knight because I used to be in raids where a Paladin and myself were the group healers.  The pally would group heal and RGC.  I would patch heal.  This scenario would most often occur when all of the clerics had to hold the line and there needed to be a RGCer in each group.  We were low on Druids and Shamans a lot.  The paladin would run out of mana much more quickly than the cleric.  If the group dies, the raid loses DPS.  The fight goes on longer which increases the chances of all healers running out of mana before the mob dies or the event ends.  An intact chain is worth nothing if there are not enough numbers to kill the mob.  If burn was called I would go for the best DPS boost for the mana recursion.  Of course that would depend on the fight.

Positioning comes into play too.  The clerics can be OOR because of their position.  BLs are often tied to the mob/event.  A cleric would have to be really mana tight to warrant 50-100% loss of a BL and BL pet DPS for an encounter.

And if the clerics are having no problem at all with mana, its better to boost DPS than feed someone who won't use it.  If there were no healer mana issues, I would also consider focusing an enchanter, if I knew they used the mana recursion line.  They can keep nuke procs on 4 nukers that check against chromatic resist, but it is mana costly.  That would involve knowing your raid members and the event.

As I previously said, I would look to clerics first, but I would also keep an eye open for what is needed for each individual raid. 

<OFF TOPIC>
Additionally MGB paragon isn't great, but its better than a kick in the stones.  An incremental improvement over the entire raid is better than no improvement at all.  It is a shame that BLs in general don't do MGB paragons anymore.  Yes, it is weak, but it's not zero.  It gives EVERYONE who uses mana at least one spell, nukers, DPSers.  Also, it can increase the chances that characters live until the next heal lands.  Spread the mana/hp out over the raid  then it can be enough to turn the tide.  When you are able to coordinate 3 or 4 per an event it can verge on being really useful.  Yes, it sucks in comparision to other AAs that can be MGBed.  No, it hasn't kept pace with the mudflation.  Get over it and help your raid.

Since everyone feels necessary to say this, I used to be a BL class captian too.  Haven't most BLs though?  In my experience, BLs are the most often retiring class from raiding.   So that leaves a lot room at the top.   :P  I have rarely been in a guild with more than two active BLs.  I think I its been 3 or 4 years since I was in a raiding guild with four active BLs.  Only clerics value our spiritual radiance line.  Our paragon line hasn't kept pace with raids.  We are only medium DPs.  It says a lot that BLs retire from raiding so much.  Maybe one day Sony will listen.
</OFF TOPIC>

Grerowler

I know this is kind of an old topic, but my guild runs between 2 and 5 beasts in raids. The Beasts join the healer channel (mainly for rez, mana and healer strats). The beasts have a macro saying the are sending FPS to the target going to this channel and the beast channel. If 2 beasts are sending, the second one always cancels. If you catch the call and yours is down with no one responding, you just restate their call in beast channel. Because the beasts are good, we are able to do some nice targets with fewer healers.

Just a side note, with /targ  you only have to type out the first 3-5 letters unless you have a bunch of lazy toons with the same start of their name... such as, have 4 mort, 3 shadow, 4 hard, 3 elfin and 3 drag in guild, luckly few are healers.
85 Beastlord
Heroes
Luclin Server

Panthur

We spam who we are paragoning in bst channel and keep ot out of cleric channel, as theirs is spammy enough :P

wildwaters

We have healers call percentage in heal channel and then the beasts focus them starting with lower mana first. As soon as my paragon pops i call for mana and if no one responds I make a judgement call. First I look at my group healers mana (since the new mana bars in group window $$) then I consider if my paragon is more useful to my group healer or one of the cleric apps. Prior to the new mana display I defaulted to my group's healer.

Rilelil

Way we do it in Triton is very similar as in Triality but to reduce the spam  we only spam the beast channel while the cleric channel is being used for other information. I woould agree tho the earlier you can start hitting the clerics that go thru mana faster the better off you will be. With multiple beasts the key will always be comunication so having the hot key goin to a beast channel on cast is a must.

Khauruk

I send it to apps and the newly rezzed typically (unless somebody mentions low on mana).  I remind people that we have this, and they can mention when/if they need it, but much of the time I end up using it on myself (the way I like it!).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grerowler

Clerics/rotation channel is one the Beasts aren't in, we have a Healer channel, to say who needs rez, mana lv's and the strats for events, and of course FPS incoming messages.
85 Beastlord
Heroes
Luclin Server