Main Menu

PowerSources

Started by Zebrn Beasword, April 16, 2008, 02:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrn Beasword

What PS's do you guys usually use? I'm usually just DPS on raids, but in groups during the day I'm usually the tank.  Should I buy 2 raid PS's and just switch back and forth or just go with growth? Kinda confused a bit with what to use. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Hzath

Growth isn't good for tanking because the -AC is so massive.  You should probably go with elemental full time for the hp/ac until you get solteris weapons.  When you upgrade to solt weapons you may want to consider using light for less ago with healing procs.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Orbus1

When I wear my armor I use light for the same reasons already mentioned.

Kanan

I'm still going with elemental for the nonce, until I get a solteris weapon.  Then my decision time comes.  I'll prolly go with growth, but just for the taps (I don't want to lose the dps I gain from having the proc, little tho it may be).

Raid powersources cost 10 of the phosphites.  Our guild is sitting on over 1000 of them atm, and the officers have stopped looting them.  After a lil bit in there, I'm sure your guild will do the same.  Either ask for or grab 20 when the time comes and have 2 powersources.  Hell, when u get there, and are soloing, going with elemental will prolly be better bet anyways.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Hzath

My guild has over 6k phosphites in the bank and I still have to plead my case when I need a new powersource.   :cry:
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Maylian

We loot phosphites all the time and our guild allocates 30 per month to every member wearing Solteris / SoF infusible gear and we still have circa 9k of them.

Denti

Don't ever stop looting them as long as you're in Solteris. When you move out there to do other stuff Phosphites will vanish very very fast. That stuff only drops in Solteris but is needed on every subsequent armor.

That said, i used to use growth as long as i used solteris weapons since it is more proc dps than elemental and a tap to boot. Nowadays i usually use elemental during a raid and growth for magelo reasons.

Zebrn Beasword

Thank you all, appreciate the information. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal