Main Menu

Glyph's and Beastlord DPS

Started by Zebrn Beasword, September 09, 2008, 02:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrn Beasword

I'm not sure how many here are max AA's but...

Anyone notice themselves getting lower dps during a glyph burn (destruction) than using growl?

Just curious, becuase I parse like shit on solteris2 when I use glyphs vs growl. 

Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Dilgartownguard

The effect on destruction is different then growl is why, use both. =/

Inphared

I never growl. I think it's a waste of mana for too low of a return.

My disc order is Spirit Frenzy + Empathic Fury + Glyph.

When those fade, Bestial Alignment to ride out the remainder of shaman and bard epic.

7th if the fight is long enough.

Voila.

Also, Solteris 2 is going to give you a terrible parse because the orc only lives for maybe 60 seconds most days. That's hardly a valid parse at all.

Denti

True, but its a nice absolute peak dps parse mob.

Inphared

Not entirely. You barely get through one, maybe two rounds of nukes, and maybe both of your discs before he's dead. Can't get all your maximum damage out in that short of a time =P

Denti

I guess that depends on your guild of course :) But yes, last we did it for real was at the end of TBS and our beastlords peaked at slightly over 5k dps. When we came back for a phosphite farming and twink gearing session it was well below 4k, however in the meantime we received the nuke nerf.

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: Inphared on September 09, 2008, 08:56:51 AM
Not entirely. You barely get through one, maybe two rounds of nukes, and maybe both of your discs before he's dead. Can't get all your maximum damage out in that short of a time =P

It takes us about 2min to kill the orc. :P

QuoteMy disc order is Spirit Frenzy + Empathic Fury + Glyph.

Glyph stacks with Empathic Fury? Sorry I'm new to using Glyphs
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Inphared

Yes, Glyph stacks with basically everything. 7th doesn't stack with anything that gives you a damage modifier, which would be both of our disciplines.

Quote from: Zebrn Beasword on September 09, 2008, 01:15:58 PM
Quote from: Inphared on September 09, 2008, 08:56:51 AM

It takes us about 2min to kill the orc. :P

2 Minutes is still too short. That's 60 seconds of shaman epic for rogues and berserkers, which is where 90% of their dps comes from. After that, you have 60 more seconds of 7th from both classes that really bloats their numbers. They have very high burst DPS, while we don't, so our numbers don't get as high as them, and our parse results come out lower.

Nusa

There are plenty of shorter fights where I can't spend my mana fast enough...I use growl on those all the time. It's also an easy thing to start a fight with (mana regenerates fast before engage), even if you don't refresh it when it fades.