Main Menu

BST AA lists so confusing

Started by Babybst, April 16, 2007, 06:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybst

I am now level 51 and started doing 10% into AAs, and was reading thru all these postings to get some ideas on how to effectively apply AAs when I get to that point. It seems there are so many ideas and so many lists that it really gets confusing to know which are best to purchase now and which to save for later when I have all the good ones done.
Is there any short list of them for me to use as a guide line? ( I am a VS kitty)
thank you,

Babycat
The Rathe(KARANA) server
Level 72

Sanois

Gratz on 51!

You will need to spend 6 points in general tab.  I would suggest Innate Run Speed first then you can choose Innate Metabolism or innate Regen.

jitathab

If you ask 10 people how to spend or when to buy AA you will get 10 answers :)

I soloed a lot, and had around 150 AA at 62. And only bought the offensive AA.

Others will say, get levels instead.

Some will say get defensive.

Just make sure you dont buy the rubbish ones and you cant go far wrong.

JillieMT

I will make one suggestion... either go 100% AA, or none at all.

If you split your xp its just going to take you that much longer to get either of them. Personally, I think its better to go 100% either way, that way you will get more immediate benefits.

Other than that, I guess you can choose a path depending on how you play.

I am primarily a solo player, so I geared everything towards making myself a decent tank and as self sufficient as possible.

So I got Run3 and Regen3...

Then I got CA3... CS1... SCR2... CF1 and SCF1 for some eye candy... ND1... PE... MR for the extra spell slot... Hobble... BF5 after I got some lifetap procs in both hands... and now I am going up the LR chain. After I max out LR, I plan to go back and get the healing AA's to maximize the lifetappy stuff.

Oh! And here is our old overview of AA paths that DiosT made years ago. Its horribly out of date now, but at least you can get an idea of how to define yourself which can help you choose AA's that will benefit your playstyle the most.

http://forums.beastlords.org/index.php?topic=347.0
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Dilgartownguard

At level 61, you can get the double attack aa for 2 AA points in the PoP tab. This is hands down the best aa you can get.

hokarz

Since the AAXP revamp, it's a lot easier to get aa's at lower levels. I'd get the most important ones  at the level they become available to you. I woudl rank the defensive, offensive and healing aa's as the important ones, and maybe get a fun one, while you are at it. Then, level up. If you don't have the aa's and try to level, it becomes that much harder to gain exp...especially if you solo.

I second what Jillie said, go 100% either way. It's much more efficient.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Tiroon

At 51 your options are limited since many AA's have a minimum level.

If AA's come easy now, get run3 and regen3 (forget the metabolism AA - Vah Shir eating more than other races is a thing long past).

If available get Mnemonic Retention (OoW tab).

The individually best AA path depends a lot on the playing style (solo, grouped, raider, wanting to level slowly, etc.). If you can tell us a bit about your plans more specific suggestions are possible. :wink:
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Sanois

A Beast in my guild put it best to me the other day.  No matter what you do, you can't do it if your dead.  So I say do defence.  I didn't do that and I am now wishing that I had done it.

Haggatha

Consider putting 2 points into Finishing Blow while you are still young enough that it will be very useful. I wouldn't go past that (and you'll need the first level of crit attacks as well) but its very amusing eye candy.

You will be hard put to go wrong actually. Only way you can really mess up is if you increase your stats, or some such garbage.

Run is useful.

Spiritclaw

Get hobble as soon as it is available.  It is a lifesaver on mobs that run.  When soloing I rely on fetter (upgrade) to keep mobs snared.  While it isn't perfect, it slows them down enough.  While it is a proc, having it on during entire fight is going to pretty much ensure that it will proc at least a few times to get the getto snare up.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Babybst

the game has been down so much and with so many bugs lately that I cant play.
I am going to look up hobble as soon as sony lets us back in.
Thank you guys so much for all your help !!!!
Babycat
The Rathe(KARANA) server
Level 72

maxawesome

Hobble is awesome. I use it every time it refreshes. With SCR3 and my buff duration extension focus, it lasts about 25 min (not sure if that's the default or if it's due to my buff extension focii, as i didn't have Hobble before I got SCR3 and my bracer).

Procs constantly, and allows me to fight in places like WW in PoV without a clusterfark of adds.

I would recommend parking at 55 to take care of some necessary aa's. Get yourself CA3 and CS3 and ND3. Then get WA5 if you have decent proc weapons. I wouldn't waste aa's on improved healing until you get Chloroblast, as the difference is negligible until then, but your call.

At that point, I recommend SCF3 if you've got procs. If not, maybe hold off. If you can't max mana regen to 15, or even if you can, and your downtime is waiting for mana regen, I'd recommend dropping 2aa's into Mental Clarity, but not much more until you absolutely need to.

Then level to 60, and repeat the process for the Class aa's that are necessary: Physical Enhancement, Hobble, Pet Disc, and maybe Paragon (lackluster). You can park here again if you like and bang out aa's till your heart's content.

With hot zones being what they are, and the changes to AAXP, it is beneficial to find a favorite hot zone and grind till you drop. Sony's ideal for aa's is 1aa per hour. You'd be hard pressed *not* to beat that in a hot zone solo, or even with a group, below level 70...

The key is to find the balance between mobs you can mow down, and getting good exp per mob, at whatever level and gear setup you're at. That becomes more difficult as you get higher level unless you're consistently raiding to upgrade gear or trading up (on FV) to gear that makes that efficient.

Babybst

Have secured level 56 and now 100% for AAs so I can build up some goodies for me  :-)
Babycat
The Rathe(KARANA) server
Level 72

kayisiss

You should make a magelo babybst.  I know that it takes 15 minutes or so but it will at least give us more help to determine what you should do.  AA wise or gear or spells or whatever.  All in all helpful!