Main Menu

ROMG! Must do Quest

Started by Kanan, September 22, 2006, 03:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

/cackle.. gonna quote post from here http://eqoutrider.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1316

QuoteHead to Icefall Glacier.
Right near the zoneline from the Steppes is a dog named La'See and an NPC. It seems Timmi fell down a well and La'See came to the NPC for help. Unfortunately the NPC is injured and needs you to rescue Timmi.

Follow La'See across the zone. To avoid the wolves, everyone but the person who got the quest should stay invis. Have a ranger or druid get the quest. The wolves will generally leave them alone.

La'See will stop at the well. At the bottom of the well are two level 73 orcs who have Timmi in a cage. They do not see invis. Bard mez doesn't seem to work on them. Defeat the 2 orcs and release Timmi.

Your reward is a dog whistle that will summon a loyal companion to your side to attack your enemies.

Sometimes, they've got a good sense of humor.  Originality, no, humor, yes.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Grbage

I can't wait to try this quest  :-D
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nusa

First time we tried it, the monk pulled the two orcs up the well and we killed them in the open. Timmi despawned on us when we opened the cage.

Second try, we killed the two orcs down in the well (I offtanked one),  opened the cage and hailed Timmi. He popped up out of the well. Hailed him again and La'See and Timmi started walking back to the start. Unfortunately, another group had started the same quest, and our Timmi latched onto their La'See. Long story short, after talking with the other group we finally got Timmi home, but neither group got credit or reward.

Group decided not to try again, but be aware the quest is very easy to break.

Rarrum

Tried to solo this tonight... the first part is managable if you kite the wolves...

But the 2 orcs summon I found out, so kiting them down is out.  After trying to zone-spliting them a couple times... the task just poofed on me.  I'm guessing it's timed (you don't really have the 6 hours it says you do).

Raukus

Task is busted atm, look for a patch on it or at least them dropping that zone.

recoil silverclaws

worked for me on prexus clicky summons a little wolf pet this hits for 85 dmg lasts just over 30 seconds all the pet aa's work on it to so it flurrys and crits. 3 min refresh is a nice little toy hehe
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Koocoo

Druids and Rangers are amiable to the wolves.

Have the group invis to the well and the druid or ranger walk along with La'See. Pop the orcs , kill and then invis and head back with the druid or ranger walking with Timmi and La'See.

If another group starts the quest while you are doing it, or didn't finish the previous one (not sure of complete task reset time) then you are screwed. Have had as many as 6 orcs. We didn't last long.

Griksh

Quote from: recoil silverclaws on September 24, 2006, 05:39:15 PM
worked for me on prexus clicky summons a little wolf pet this hits for 85 dmg lasts just over 30 seconds all the pet aa's work on it to so it flurrys and crits. 3 min refresh is a nice little toy hehe

Did this last night and i can tell you that the pet only last 10 secs not 30. Check it out on lucy.

Its a toy, clickable from inventory or ammo slot.

Quest takes 30mins if that (we had invis drop on route killing some group members). Use a Druid or range to follow the wolf there while rest of the group heads to the well. If the druid or ranger gets too far away from the wolf then he'll stop and path back and forward so make sure they stay with him. Once you have killed the two orcs, invis group again and have the druid/ranger follow him back. The surrounding wolfs will not agro timmi.

jitathab

huh, druids and rangers amiable to wolves and BST's arent?

Anyway this is an ok quest provided no one else doign it. Takes about 20-30 mins depending on how many wolves up.

BTW if you dont get a reward try this, reload the default UI. Then press the EQ button, quests, rewards. This opens the rewards window. I know several people getting issue with custom UI's and rewards window. This helps on all quests not just this one.

Sharrien

Another problem with this one is that some dumbass group (or a soloer + bots, not sure) was kiting a mammoth and aggroed the quest npc, eventually killing him.  That was the 2nd of two bugged runs on this quest, so we moved on to something else.  Did a feedback in game so that hopefully they change the npc so that griefers/idiots can't screw it up for others.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khatar

Nice quest, the item you get is a dd-like spell that sends a pet to attack your mob. Doesnt last long, for the pet dies rather quickly, but its a nice toy =)